This heart beats solely for you

Fast y Furious

 

 

Chapter nine: This heart beats solely for you

 

    Myungsoo looked down at the gifts in his hands and took a deep breath before looking down at his hands again. He wondered once again if his thoughts were gonna do him any good. He shook his head and continued down the path deciding it was too late to back down. He closed his eyes and stepped forward knocking on the door in front of him. A few seconds later, the door opened and Myungsoo smiled upon the sight of the elderly lady.

He, however, was startled to see her shake in fear at the sight of him. He looked behind him to see nothing, and yet when he turned back again the lady was still frightened.

 

“Mrs. Park, what is the matter? Do you not feel well? Shall I take you to a hospital?”

 

“No need to smother me with your fake kindness.”

 

“Pardon,” Myungsoo asked taken aback.

 

“We do not have your money yet. My grand daughter informed me she will have money soon. So, please come back then. I promise you. “

 

“Money? For what?”

 

“Are you not with the loan sharks?” Gyuri’s grandmother asked.

 

“Loan sharks? Are you being chased by them? Do they come often? Have they hurt you? Did they ever lay a hand on Gyuri?”

 

“How do you know Gyuri?”

 

“Grandma, sorry I am a little late. Why is the door open? Did they come again? No one bothered y-” Myungsoo turned around to see Gyuri walk into the house. Myungsoo hated the guilty expression that overtook his lover’s expression, but he hated himself more at that moment. How could he have imagined that he could keep Gyuri happy when she was suffering all this time? All this time he pushed her aside and focused on his work thinking it was more important. Yet she remained by his side and Myungsoo realized at that moment that he was not worthy of her love. So, he made a mistake that he knew he will regret later on in his life.

 

“Oppa, wha.... What are you doing here?” Gyuri asked only to be replied by silence.

 

“Is this why you wanted to get married quicker?” Myungsoo spoke up. Gyuri looked at the other in confusion, not quite sure what he was talking about.

 

“Your only desire in marrying me was to leech off my money, am I wrong?”

 

“No oppa. That is not true. I swear to you I have had no such malice intents. Please. I cannot lose you as well. “

 

“This relationship is over. Do not ever appear in front of me again. I do not wish to see you even in my dreams,” Myungsoo forced himself to look at his lover in disgust. Every time he noticed a tear flow down her glamorous face, it felt like he was repeatedly being pierced by a needle. Her breathtaking smile was overtaken by a gloomy expression. Her beautiful laugh that continuously rang through his hears was now replaced by heartbreaking sobs. And it was tearing him apart that he was the one who made her like this. Yet he continued his facade and scoffed at her before walking away. Even as he sat in his car and began driving home, he could still hear her pleas of innocence, and that drove him insane. Gyuri should never have to plea or beg for a guy like himself. He will make sure himself that Gyuri finds a better suitor that will make her more happy and always understand what she is going through. He will now make it his job to find someone who is prepared to put Gyuri before everything else in their life.

 


 

 

    Sehun instinctively took a step back in fear as he tried to process how the other had located his whereabouts. Did he not get the news that he passed away back home? He turned to run when the other grabbed his wrist.

 

“Trying to run again Sehun? I think you have done enough of that, no?”

 

“Please let go of me. I do not have anything to do with you anymore. We are not together anymore.”

 

“But I still love you! How can you forget me so quick? Don’t you remember when you were in pain I was there for you! I loved you when you were heartbroken.”

 

“No!” Sehun pulled his wrist free from the other’s grip, “You did not love me. You manipulated me when I was in a vulnerable state and almost took advantage of me.” Sehun continued to walk away when the other guy pulled him back again and gripped his face harshly. “You will not run away again!“  

 

“I believe he asked you to leave him alone. “ Sehun looked over towards his savior. He took the opportunity and hit the man before rushing away. The man started towards the other again when he was pulled back and thrown on the ground. “He told you to leave him alone. Did you not here him?”

 

“Who the hell do you think you are?” The man spat.

 

“I am Sehun’s boyfriend,” Jongin smirked and grabbed the man by his neck, “and you better listen to me when I say this once. I will make sure I take your last breath if you appear before him again.”

 


 

 

    Siwon found himself staring at the clock once again wondering when the work day would end. He had nothing more to do than watch the time pass daily. It may have been stupid but for himself, life was not the same without Donghae. He looked at the clock and realized it was way past working hours He exited the office just as he received a call from his mother to bring home some groceries. Siwon finished shopping and was on his way home when he heard a someone crying for help. He continued walking down the street and turned into the back alley of the grocery store. He noticed a young man being harassed by a group of thugs and rushed in to save him. “Are you okay? Should I call a doctor?”

 

“No need. Can you just help me get home? One of my brothers is a doctor.” Siwon nodded and helped the man towards his house. The door was opened by the boy’s brother and Siwon helped him into his room.

 

“Thank you so much,” the man said and Siwon once again reassured the man that it was okay. Siwon started heading out when the door opened again and another man walked in.

 

“Oh hyung! You are home.”

 

“Whose shoes are th-” the man stopped upon seeing Siwon.

 

“Donghae? Wha... Wh... how?”

 

“Please come outside. We can talk there.” Siwon glanced at the other two guys in the room before following Donghae outside. He never knew the other had any siblings. There was quite a lot he was learning about the other. Maybe that is the reason why he was being punished for everything in his life. Was he one of those people that did not bother to learn much about their lover?

 

“Are you getting proper rest? You look very tired love,” he slipped out as he took in the other’s appearance. Donghae looked at the other not sure of how to reply because his emotions were all coming back to him.

 

“I am sorry. That just slipped and I...” Siwon had no chance to finish as Donghae leaped forward and embraced him. Siwon did not waste any time as he securely wrapped his arms around Donghae and pulled the other close to his chest.

 

“Please do not speak. Just hold me momentarily.” Siwon silently obliged and continued to hold the other, unaware that the two brothers were watching the scene with mixed emotions.

 

“He’s the bas-”

 

“Language Jae.”

 

“He’s the jerk that hurt hyung, isn’t he?” Minhyun nodded as he looked over at the two embracing. “Are we gonna let hyung go back to him? We cannot do that.”

 

“It is not up to us. It all depends on Donghae.”

 


 

 

“Sehun please talk to me. Sehun. It has been almost a hour now and you haven’t said one word about the incident. “

 

“Please. I will tell you when I am ready.”

 

“Fine. Are you hungry?” Jongin asked grabbing Sehun’s hand hesitantly. Sehun shook his head and moved forward laying his head on the other’s shoulder. “Can you allow me to stay like this?” Jongin wasn’t sure whether he should scoff or laugh because this whole situation was just ridiculous. He shook his head and wrapped his arm around the younger deciding he needed to be embraced.

 

“Thank you. I k-”

 

“No stop. I do not want you to have any gratitude towards me. I have been nothing but a jerk to you and I realize that now. I pressured you and tried to force myself, and I am sorry so do not ever thank me. I plan to make it up to you now as best as possible in any means.” Sehun looked up at Jongin and nodded smiling. “Alright. Can you start with some food?” Jongin chuckled and gladly agreed as he walked off. They walked hand-in-hand quietly towards a nearby cafe lost in their thoughts.

 

“Thank you for earlier. I really want you to know how much I appreciated it,” Sehun spoke up and Jongin felt his lips curl upwards. “Thank you Jongin.” Jongin just smiled and kept walking deciding it was best not to press further on the issue, and Sehun smiled as well thankful to the other for simply being by his side.

 


 

 

“Doctor! Doctor come quick!” Daehyun looked up from his file to the frantic nurse who stood lost at the entrance of his office. Daehyun placed the file aside and stood up, rushing after her. He looked down at his pager and realized he did not receive a single message. Daehyun realized it was Minho’s room upon reaching the certain hallway and rushed into the room. “What’s wrong?” He asked in concern only to realize Youngjae was in the room and had already taken care of the problem. He dismissed the nurses and sighed in relief as he stood next to Youngjae glancing at his sleeping brother.

 

“He was having severe headaches, but it is all taken care of now,” Youngjae spoke up placing his hand on the bedside. “Thank you,” Daehyun whispered placing his hand above Youngjae’s resting hand. The two found themselves locked into each other’s eyes and Youngjae quickly took his hand back before rushing for the door.

 

“How much longer are you going to run away Youngjae? We both know we cannot remain as colleagues nor friends. I... I still care deeply about you and you may not believe me, but even when I was married, my thoughts would occasionally drift towards you.”

 

“Dr. Choi, I-”

 

“Please stop with this stupid formality! I hate when you call me that. You use to be my lover and are one of the most important people in my life. Do you know how much it hurts to hear you call me with formalities as if I have no significance in your life?”  Youngjae tightened his grip on the door knob and closed his eyes trying to control himself from breaking down.

 

“I apologize sir. Please forgive me but I can-”

 

“Youngjae, please for the love of God!” Youngjae turned around to see Daehyun standing an inch away from him. Daehyun reached down and pulled Youngjae closer by the waist, who in response began breathing heavily. “Relax Youngjae. I won’t harm you. I would never lay a finger on you. I love you too much to do that, Mr. Yoo.” And with that Daehyun leaned down and kissed the love of his life softly on the temple.