school('s sock) trip

socks

prompt by UmmaNi:

I wanna see them going on a school trip, or gym class and found out they got matching socks and everyone maybe tease them as a couple (which lowkey they do crush on each other)“

 

 

a/n: soooooo this lovely girl made a prompt (because i asked her to) and this really long drabble turned out. i really liked the idea so i didn't think twice and started to write.

i hope you like it and won't hate me when the ending is such an open one. lol.

 when i say long i mean long, it's 1.3 k words long haha~

have fun!

 

- hanie


 

Myungsoo didn't know it'd be such a dreadful day. He shouldn't have gotten up when his mother asked him to. Or more like forced him. (He never was a morning person.)

But now he was there, on his way to their school trip for 2 days and one night, and he didn't know what to do. He packed things without really thinking about it and all he has stuffed in his bag are like really embarrassing things. For example his pink socks. Or his pink underwear. And his pink shirt for their sport activities. He knew he should've packed something else, but his mother didn't let him because everything else was either thrown away („Too many black clothes make you seem gloomy!“ his mother once told him) or they were just simply dirty from whatever he did (don't take this the wrong way).

He slightly glanced at his crush, man, he would laugh at him. It was his favorite color after all. “Damn.”, he hissed and Sungjong perked up at that.

“What's wrong, Myung?”

He saw curious eyes watching him and when they locked gazes his friend knew very well what was stressing him.

“What did you do this time? Or did he do something?!” the younger asked while cracking a smile, to Sungjong his friend still was a hopeless little child.

Myungsoo sighed. “I'm just stupid. Please kill me!”

“Sure,” the younger answered and he didn't know but he had a bad feeling about what he was going to say next, “but after the school trip is over. I'll come over and I'll see what I can do!” At his own words, Sungjong laughed like a madman and some other students found it funny and laughed along. His crush did the same.

Myungsoo almost choked on his saliva when their eyes met for mere seconds. He quickly busied himself with something else and tried to blend off everything. The less he knew was happening around him (and his crush), the less he was stressed. (Or so he told himself.)

 

To his liking everything wasn't as bad as he thought.

First, because sport activities had to wait, the weather wasn't playing along and the place they were staying at hadn't a gym.

Second, he didn't see his crush, they were in different classes after all. (However, it made him sad as well.)

And lastly, no one would see his socks because he was sharing a room with Sungjong and even though that boy teased the hell out of him, he could care less. The younger was too focused on making his girlfriend happy.

So, all in all, he was kind of happy. Or maybe a lot.

He hummed a sweet melody to himself and walked around when it was almost curfew. He didn't know where they were staying at, so he wanted to get to know it. He was too curious to not to. Myungsoo didn't bother with shoes, he was wandering inside anyway and they always had to take their shoes off. But once he saw his crush running his way and, because he wasn't fast enough, collided with him, he regretted not to.

They both landed with a 'thud' on the ground and the pain made him grumble. It really hurt a lot! Though, once he opened his eyes he was mesmerized by two beautiful brown orbs that looked right back at him.

“I..” he started but couldn't get out what he wanted to say, he didn't even know what he wanted to say anyway. “I..” he started again, but those eyes blinked and a smile was tugging at the corner of his crush's lips. Myungsoo smiled back, he couldn't resist.

“THERE HE IS!!” they heard someone shout and this took them back to reality.

“Shoot!” the other mumbled and tried to stand up. He hurt Myungsoo while doing so and quickly stared back at him. The other opened his mouth to say something but some guys tackling him prevented him and pulled him down to the ground again. “YAH!” he shouted, angry if he wasn't mistaken.

“We caught him! Now the game is over, Lee Sungyeol!”

'Sungyeol..' Myungsoo repeated his name in his mind. To him it was the most beautiful name.

“Then go and tell this Hoya or-”

Sungyeol didn't get any further because a guy (he didn't know the name of) eyed him. His eyes trailed down to his feet and he grinned. “Guys!” he cheered. “Look at this pair of ers!” He pointed at his and Sungyeol's socks. “Is a new couple forming or what?!” he joked.

His eyes went wide and he almost shrieked, but only girls shrieked so he stopped himself. But still, he was too embarrassed. He should disappear.

He heard the boys laughing and making fun of them, it hurt him. He didn't want to hear how much of an idiot and weirdo he was. He really didn't want that.

“YAH!” Sungyeol shouted louder than before and probably the loudest Myungsoo ever heard him shout. “What is so funny about pink socks?!” he demanded to know and glared at every single one of them, “It's my favorite color and if one of you, and I'm staring right at you Woohyun, makes fun another time of something so trivial as this, then I'm personally going to rip off your heads.” he threatened, “Did I make myself clear?”

The boys quickly nodded and ran off, not even glancing back. Myungsoo figured that they were just too afraid of what Sungyeol could do to them.

All the while he was half lying on the ground and tried to not feel as scared as the others.

Then his crush turned around and looked at him, the most beautiful smile gracing his lips. “I'm sorry they teased you. But I'm glad to have found someone who has pink socks as well!” He offered his hand and pulled him up. Myungsoo wasn't careful enough and Sungyeol pulled him up with too much force so they collided again. However, this time the other wrapped his arms around him and that made his heart start beating rapidly.

“I..” he started like before but two pair of lips, the ones who smiled just a while ago, met his in a short kiss. That shut him up for real.

“I'm glad to have collided with you.”

Myungsoo was too speechless. He wanted to run away, all of this was scaring him, how on earth should he take such things at the first try?!?

Breaking off the embrace, Sungyeol cleared his throat. “So..” he emphasized the word and dragged it on for some seconds, “I wanted to do this since some time now and this is such a great opportunity,” And there was that blinding smile again. “I really like you, Myungsoo. I wouldn't mind to form a couple with you for real.” There was a slight blush on his cheeks, while on the other hand Myungsoo was beet red.

The latter didn't know what was happening. He blinked and stared but his mouth wouldn't open and his mind was by far too blank to form a sentence that actually made sense.

“You don't want to..?” There was uncertainty lashed in his voice. “Oh..”

Myungsoo shook his head at that, he shook it way too hard and had to be stopped by Sungyeol. “No..” he whispered and looked down to not have to feel much more embarrassed, “I.. I really.. l-l-like y-y-y-y-y-you..” he stuttered and his face turned a darker shade of red. “I..” he tried again, stuttering a confession wasn't manly at all, but Sungyeol didn't care and attacked him again, hugging him like there was no tomorrow and stole another kiss from him.

“We already have matching pairs of socks anyway, it would've been a waste!” There was another smile and a hand interlacing with his, but he didn't mind. It was such a nice feeling and he finally smiled, too.

His crush liked him back, there was nothing better than this! (The socks are a plus!)