sock enagement

socks

a/n: so, this revolves in the idol!verse with myungyeol okay? it's kinda a continuation of the other idol!verse drabbles i've written before.

it's too long again (900+ words lol) and i actually didn't want to stop writing. but i had to, tho it's, of course, something too sweet hehe~

​didn't re-read so keep the mistakes i've made ;)

​have fun and just saying, i'm going to start writing on this~ (tho the socks won't be the main plot of this anymore)

 

- hanie


 

Being an idol and having a boyfriend is a hard task to manage but Sungyeol has the ability to make it perfect (or at least he tells himself that). He lets Myungsoo know all about his schedule for every day, so it'll be easier for them to meet up and plan everything (because they don't like interruptions).

One day, Sungyeol decides to plan something himself and make it real cheesy and romantic because Myungsoo loves it and he loves what his boyfriend loves (as sappy this might sound). He has a tight schedule. But. He tells his manager to leave him alone for a few hours and not let anyone know about it. (He just knows Myungsoo won't go easy on him. They don't have a lot of time together anyway.)

His planing isn't the best but his manager helps him out.

“Woohyun, I didn't know you'd be of some help someday!” Sungyeol jokes and earns himself a smack on the head.

“If you want my help then don't talk!”

The idol is happy he can do something for his lover. That boy deserves so much and more. He's such a good person, even an angel. He starts to doze and grin like an idiot.

“Ya! Sungyeol!”

The latter just laughs and gets on with work, without really noticing Myungsoo standing behind him and trying to make out what the two were up to. “Sungyeol?” he asks, his voice quiet because he actually doesn't want to interrupt them if they're really busy. But something inside of him tells him they're doing something stupid again. (Like pranking him oh-so many times on Halloween before.)

The taller gets easily scared (even more than Myungsoo), so he jerks up and hits his head with Woohyun's and almost falls backwards into his boyfriend. Fortunately, he catches himself last minute and saves the other of being smashed down on the (hard) floor.

“Are you two alright?!?” his lover rushes to him and his manager, accidentally seeing what the idol planned all this time (aka the few hours he had free of work).

He holds his head, the pain not as visible as on Woohyun's face. (That tree is a baby and cries all the time.) “Myungsoo-yah! Next time don't scare Yeol like that!” The manager mumbles something to himself and then disappears to somewhere only god knows. (And the taller knows that it's Sunggyu's assigned room.)

“W-what is this?” the boy asks and looks innocently at him. Those round and big eyes speak love to him, he doesn't have a choice but bend down and kiss him. “I love you, you know?” He holds him like he's the most precious thing in the world. (And to Sungyeol he is.)

“I-i love you, t-too!” Myungsoo stammers, blushing real hard but smiling like a fool.

Sungyeol takes it as his chance to start his surprise. “Myung, look.” He holds up the newest socks of his, black in color with pink stripes and his smiling face on it. It also has both Myungsoo's and Sungyeol's name written on them.

“W-wha..” the fan doesn't know how to react.

“Wait,” the idol smiles lovingly and goes down on one knee, “now look into them.”

The boy is shaking and everything is too overwhelming, but he does how he's told and takes a look into his character socks. What he finds are two rings – freaking rings! – and he just can't stop shaking.

Taking the lead, Sungyeol takes the sock with the rings from him, “I know we've started off in a strange way, like you're still my fan and all,” he takes on of the rings out, “but I couldn't be happier than I am right now and was before and will be in the future as well!”

Myungsoo starts crying, the tears running down his cheeks and making him much more adorable.

“I love you and with each day this love gets stronger.” Sungyeol takes his boyfriend's left hand. “So now I'm asking, to make this much better than it's been all this time, do you, Kim Myungsoo, want to marry me, Lee Sungyeol, and be happy together forever until infinity?”

The only response he gets is sobbing, loud sobbing at that. “I- you- Su- me- lo- you-” There isn't a single word that makes sense but it's the Myungsoo right at this moment that Sungyeol cherishes so much. “I-i-i-i-i-” there's a small pause, until the younger screams, “I DO!” because he thinks he wouldn't be able to agree in any other way.

The taller slips the ring on his lover's rightful finger and stands up again. He can't form his happiness into words, he's too happy and even the word 'happy' doesn't make his current state justice. And the only thing that's left to do (beside slipping the other ring on himself because Myungsoo won't be able to without crying too much) is to kiss the life out of his boyfriend, caressing his cheeks and making the tears disappear bit by bit.

“Yeol, hyung needs you back at the studio-”

The next thing what echoes through the room is a thud and a grunt, coming from Woohyun. However, Myungsoo wouldn't be Myungsoo if he wouldn't register anything but them. (And it's a honor to know all this about his lover.)

 

(Sungyeol is scolded later on but his sickeningly sweet smile doesn't rub off of his face, not even after he sees Myungsoo at home again and makes love with his love .)