a special piece of paper

socks

a/n: sooooooooooooooooooooooo

i just had an idea, a really long one lmao, tho it should've been something short. but it's like 900 words long and i don't get it lol and i dont think this a drabble but who cares~

anyway, i said i'd come back (tho i think this will be really the last. tho if you have some ideas, i'm open for anything. hit me up! ;D)

i got the idea from a manga i read, i think, i forgot already haha, but it' s cute. and innocent.

i  hope you like it!

 

- hanie


 

The final weeks of school are nearing and Sungyeol's class has decided to do a Secret Santa in summer this year again. Sungyeol thinks he's too old to play along but he still rummages through the hat filled with all his classmates' names.

He takes a lot of time and everyone is already annoyed by his weird antics. The tall boy reasons it with him being born that way (and his parents paying more attention to his younger brother).

Finally, after some long, long minutes pass, he picks a folded piece of paper and returns to his seat. He isn't thrilled to open it, who knows which weird kid he got. Immediately, his thoughts move to that one silent child. Sungyeol doesn't know what his name was again but he knows that boy's too quiet and way too good at math.

And right that boy already stood up and is trying to pick a name from the hat. He finds one too quickly and sits down. All the while, the kid doesn't show any emotions. Another thing Sungyeol doesn't like about him.

However, once their homeroom teacher dismisses them, he forgets about the piece of paper inside his backpack and runs out with his other friends (that are as loud as himself). They go play while the quiet boy packs his things and makes his way home much more silent. “Goodbye, Teacher.” he says before he's out the door.

 

At home, Sungyeol throws his bag to a corner of his room. Something flies out of it, so he approaches it and finds the note with a name written on it, and it's not only a name, it's his name.

He chokes on his saliva. 'Great,' he thinks, 'why does it have to be me??'

The boy springs into his bed and buries his head in his pillow. “I don't even know him, how am I supposed to give him something??” he groans.

 

 

A few days later, Sungyeol made it his mission to talk to the boy. They have like 1 and a half week until it's the end of school. He can do this.

The tall boy approaches the other and stops halfway. 'Why am I even doing this?' It's a question he doesn't know the answer of. But it's already too late, because the boy noticed him and raises his eyebrows.

'It's my first time seeing him doing anything with his face.' Sungyeol then also notices someone standing beside him and they look close. 'So he has friends, too?'

After a few moments pass, the two approach him and the boy he doesn't know raises his voice first, “Is something the matter?”

The tall boy doesn't think he's able to speak up, so he just shakes his head and runs away. He's scared of the friend of the weird kid. He looks like bully. Though, he's never afraid. What happened??

 

During the day, Sungyeol's tried to talk to Myungsoo (he finally remembers his name) but his friend is always ing. He's too eager, that's why he suddenly takes Myungsoo's arm and runs. The latter clumsily tries to keep up until he can't anymore and brings the taller to a stop near a tree.

They need to catch their breath before talking.

“What is-”

“I like you.”

Myungsoo looks shell-shocked. He hasn't thought this would happen. He's only 13, he isn't supposed to be confessed by someone.

Sungyeol on the other hand can't believe he said that. He hasn't known he feels this way. But looking back at all the times he's stared (and still does) at Myungsoo, well, he can't deny it. Even if he wanted to.

“I sincerely like you.” he repeats himself, this time more steady.

The other doesn't respond, he just blushes and covers his face.

“Do you like me, too?”

The boy shakes his head.

The taller slumps down. “You don't?” he pouts.

Myungsoo feels bad, he shouldn't be this harsh. “Wait.” He searches inside his pocket for something. “Look.”

Sungyeol looks up to see his name written on a piece of paper and something bigger under it.

“Here's your present.”

“But..” He takes the gift anyway. Unwrapping is a bit difficult for him and he's really happy, Myungsoo helps him. (He can't help but blush when their fingers brush against each other.)

“What do you think?”

The tall boy looks at his hands then to the other and back again and again. “I.. I..” He eyes the pink socks. They seem to have some glitter on them but he doesn't mind, it makes them more special.

“You don't-”

Sungyeol hugs him without a warning. “I love it!” he squeaks, “How did you know I like pink?”

“Looking at your name written in pink made it clear,” Myungsoo chuckles and hugs him back. “there's note in both of them.”

Confused, he let's go of the boy he likes and looks into the socks. There were exactly two folded paper.

Unfolding the first, it says, Sungyeol, will you and the other says, go out with me?

He hugs the boy again and doesn't let go until they miss all of their classes. “Did you really get my name?”

Myungsoo grins and it's also the first time he sees him smile. (It's breathtaking and the dimple is too adorable.)

“I got your name, too!”

They laugh and they can't help but return to school with their hands interlaced.