precious socks

socks

A week has seven days, so Myungsoo thinks he only needs the double of seven socks. He’ll have two pair of socks each day to wear and that’s okay with him. Fourteen pair of socks are okay, he won’t be using all of them in one week anyway.

He survives like this. Until he meets someone. It feels too fluffy and he waits for the pain but it’s okay as long as he can see that certain someone.

Then, his birthday is around the corner, along with a small party and all what friends do to make a friend happy on their day of birth.

He gets tons of presents, too, but there’s one he’ll never forget.

Socks.

If someone else has given him this present he probably would laugh at him because it’s lame. But it hasn’t been someone else but his certain someone and he loves and treasures those socks.

So, that makes fifteen pair of socks for him and he’s happy and it’s all he needs. Because whenever he feels alone and seeks for him he takes a shower, gets dressed and wears those pink with black dots socks and quickly feels his stomach doing flips (like many times before). To cover it up (so his roommate won’t find out about his happy times) he wears one of his black pair of socks over them.

“I’m so smart.” Myungsoo praises himself. Hugging his knees he sighs and looks at the other socks he abandoned to be happy. “That’s the price it takes..” he sighs again, but the smile gracing his lips means he’ll do this anytime soon again because it’s worth it.

“Someone’s missing me.”

He can practically feel the grin on his Sungyeol’s lips. “One week is long, okay?” he reasons and covers up the flush on his cheeks.

“And the next time I’ll take you with me, deal?”

He looks up and sees the face he loves so much. “Deal.” he nods and springs up, running the short way towards his lover.

“Just so you know,”

Myungsoo can’t believe there’s a blush on his cheeks.

“I missed you, too.”

And then he sees the socks he has given him, black with pink dots. And he can’t be happier.