New Beginning

Forever & Always

 

“He likes you a lot you know…”

 

You flipped the pages of your book as you took a sip from your coffee, stopping now and then to jot down a few notes.

 

“I wish I could say the same,” you replied, eyes still on your homework.

 

Silence.

 

You looked up at Eunjung, “what?” you inquired.

 

She didn’t look at you, and instead kept her gaze at the couple behind you.

 

“Haven’t you ever given yourself up to the possibility that there’s someone else in your life for you other than Junho?”

 

You knit your eyebrows together and frowned a bit, “I guess I haven’t really thought about it…” you said a bit hesitantly.

 

“You’ve waited so long for him ______, and what has he done? Has he really given you any reason to wait? I get that those two days in the summer with him were unforgettable, but don’t you think it’s cruel that he did that to you and then surprised you with a girl around his arms a few months later?”

 

You were speechless. Not because Eunjung’s frankness offended you (she only said those things as a good friend), but because it was all so true.

 

Eunjung looked at you this time, a bit of sadness in her eyes. “I didn’t mean it to sound so harsh _____”

 

You gave her a small smile and shook your head. “No, it’s fine, you’re…you’re right”

 

She returned your smile with a weak one of her own, “It’s just, I hate seeing you always so sad. Everytime we pass by Junho and Eunji at school, you get all distant and your face drops. You shouldn’t have to be like this ______. He doesn’t deserve you.”

 

She continued. “But Taec, he does. He likes you so much more than he shows. If there is any guy out there who deserves you, it would be him.”

 

You let out a soft sigh, “I just don’t know how I feel about him Eunjung..”

“I’m not saying that you two should get together and get married and all, just give him a chance ______, stop restricting yourself to Junho and only Junho”

 

“I’ll try.”

 

The two of you got back to your homework.

 

It was now sophomore year. It had been over a year since you found out that Junho had a girlfriend. It had been over a year of more loyal waiting.

 

Each time you told yourself that you would pull away from him, well, that was one more time that you ended up lying to yourself.  

But the thing was, you no longer knew if it was love that set this all in motion, or if it was just the fact that you were purposely infatuating yourself with Junho.  It was a mystery to you.

 

The chair squeaked and you looked up.

 

“I have to go now, my roommate needs my help on a project, I’ll see you tomorrow okay” she said as she came over to hug you.

 

You went back to your work.

 

The sky was getting dark and it began to drizzle. You packed your stuff, hoping to get back to the dorms before it really started to pour.

 

“..” you muttered. You were only about halfway back and it was raining cats and dogs, maybe even cows too considering how loud the raindrops were pounding on the pavement. You rushed to the bus stop and waited on the bench under the covering.

 

Twenty minutes passed and it was getting windy and cold and yeah, you were getting a bit desperate. You pulled your phone from your backpack and went through your contacts.

 

Eunjung- obviously busy

Nicole and Jinwoon- off doing their project

Chansung- stuck at work (he ate away all his spending money)

Junho- your friendly relationship started to die the day Eunji stepped in

Everyone else? Not even close enough to consider.

 

You paused on Taec’s name.

 

‘Should I…I don’t want to give him the wrong idea or anything..no, we’re friends, he wouldn’t get the wrong idea right?’

 

“Hello?”

“Taec?”

“____? Hey what’s up?”

“Are you busy?” you said softly, your voice slightly chattering because of the cold.”

“No, wait, what’s wrong? Where are you?”

“Uhm, I’m at the bus stop by the park, I didn’t know it was going to rain..”

“I’ll be right there” he said before quickly hanging up.

 

You hugged yourself, trying to block the wind. How on earth had it gone from warm and sunny to chilly and raining?!

 

You heard footsteps and looked up, Taec was running towards you.

 

“God, you must be freezing” he murmured as he took off his jacket and placed it over you.  He put one arm around you, the other was holding the umbrella, and the two of you began walking back to the dorms.

 

“I’m sorry you had to go out in the rain to get me”

“It’s nothing, what are friends for?”

 

You smiled weakly to yourself, still mulling over your conversation with Eunjung later.

 

You finally reached your dorm room, still shivering.

 

“Where is it? Oh my god, you’re kidding me.”

“What?” Taec questioned.

“I left my room card inside, I can’t get inside until Nicole comes back now..”

 

He sighed and chuckled afterwards, softly pushing you in the head. “Clumsy, how typical” he joked. “Come on, you can hang out in my room for a bit”

 

“Sorry about the mess, I didn’t get a chance to clean up..”

“It’s no problem, thanks for letting me hang out here while I wait for Nicole”

 

Next thing you knew, you were hit in the face by a large hoodie and a pair of sweats.

 

You looked at Taec quizzically.

 

“____, you’re going to get a cold, just listen to me okay?”

 

“Fine” you muttered.

 

You went back into the room, “happy now?”

He laughed, “you look like a hobo.”

 

You instinctively pouted at him.

 

He corrected himself, “a very cute hobo.”

 

And suddenly you were flustered. “Uhm, thanks…I’m gonna do my homework now so…uhh…yeah.”

 

“Alright, I’m going to get us some food, I’ll be back soon.”

 

You sat on his bed, opening up your book, but all you did was stare at it blankly.

 

You never really noticed how Taec was always there for you when you needed him until today. You never really noticed how he’d always offer you help when you needed it until today. You never really noticed how much you smiled when you were around him until today. You never really noticed  how he could make your heart beat just a bit faster until today. 

--------------------------

Thank you all for reading

tried to fit this in between all my tests

time to go study for apchem and precalc now x_x 

hope you enjoy this chapter ! although it's sort of a downer...