chapter 9

IT'S YOU!!!

“Bad news! Bad news!” Hyo Rin came to my house and said something I didn’t understand.

“What news? Can you speak clearly? I can’t understand it?”

We sat on the terrace.

“Jong..Jongup..he..”

“Take your breath first.”

She followed my words.

“Jongup can’t go to Paris. He can’t participate in the competition.”

“What? How can?”

“Someone attacked him when he was practicing this morning. The person injured his leg.”

“What?” I tried to process all information I had heard. “Have police know?”

She nodded.” We have called the police.”

“So how is he?”

“He is in hospital now. But he still can’t participate in that competition.”

When we still talking about that incident, a delivery man approached.

“Is it Kim Nana’s house?”

“Yes, I am.”

“There is a packet for you, Miss. Sign here, please.” He gave me the box.

“Thank you.”

I looked at that box. It was covered by brown paper. No sender name or address. When I wanted to aske the delivery  man, he was already gone.

“What’s that?” Hyo Rin asked.

I was as curious as her.

Slowly I opened the box. I found so many photos of myself and Jongup. A photo when he was confessing to me, when he gave me the present, and many others. Who sent this all? And what did it means?

Suddenly my phone was ringing. There was a message.

‘How is it? Do you like my present? What happen to him is all because of you. It’s your fault. YOUR FAULT! YOUR SIN! You are the one who should take the responsibility!’

It’s the same person who sent me the message some time before.

What’s this? Why did this person sent me this message and this box? Who is this person?