Moment

The Final Keepers'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moments

Sorry, Kim Myungsoo.

A year have passed on, Jiyeon is still in London, staying with her mother in their apartment in downtown. Jiyeon found herself a job in a cafe in the busy business district in London. Things have changed ever since then, Myungsoo did not text Jiyeon since his last call, when he sounded drunk and exhausted. Jiyeon have preoccupied herself with barista training and coffee making and her job in the cafe that she did not have much time to think about what happened in Seoul, and of course Myungsoo. She would think of him occasionally, whenever she gets on the bed to sleep and whenever she wakes up every night and day. 

She also was scouted by a model agency too. It all happened in a fine wednesday where she was working on the coffee machine, pulling espresso shots for a customer. The customer looked at her, scanned her from the top to bottom. It was during the peak hours in the early morning, where the crowds of businessmen were rushing to grab a bite and a cuppa before heading to work. 

As she handed over the customers' coffee, the customer remained standing at the spot holding her coffee, while passing her a name card. 

"Hi, I am Katherine, I am in-charged of scouting models for a modeling company called, Wonder Works. If you got time for it, why don't you come down for auditions?" The lady asked.

Jiyeon widened her eyes in shock. She could not believe she was actually scouted by a modeling company. She then cleared and uttered, "Wh..What? Model?" 

The lady nodded her head. "Uh, I'll think about it." Jiyeon replied as the lady nodded her head once again.

"Call me if you've decided to come and try it out." The lady told her before leaving the cafe.

Jiyeon thought over days and nights, she sought for her mother's thought on this, and her mother supported her greatly. She told Jiyeon that this modeling chance comes in rare, and to get scouted by a staff of a modeling company would be a great opportunity and challenge for Jiyeon.

Jiyeon asked her friends Luna and Dara on their take on this. Both of them agreed with Jiyeon's mother, saying Jiyeon should have a try on modeling and all. Jiyeon finally accepted the audition. She took part in the audition in "Wonder Works Modeling Agency, UK." 

She finally got accepted as they measured her height, waist size, asked about her personal characteristics and traits. They measured her weight, BMI, and all other health characteristics. They analysed her face profile, and basically every part of her body. They then gave her a personalised card, for entry to the modeling headquarters in downtown London. They gave her the company merchandises, and named her under one of the models under Wonder Works. 

Jiyeon still continued with her job in the cafe, though her shifts in the cafe became shorter and lesser over time due to her modeling work. She took part in several fashion shows, as she was one of the models for Burberry's womens line for the Spring and Summer collection for 2015 in the 2015 S/S London Fashion Week that took place in the mid-year this year. Jiyeon worked hard and took part in other fashion shows in other countries, like the Milan Fashion week and the New York fashion week. Being a model have changed Jiyeon greatly, in terms of her fashion style and knowledge and definitely her confidence.

However, one thing still remains, she still misses Myungsoo.

It was now approaching christmas, in the year 2014, and Jiyeon was on her way down to the modeling agency in downtown London. She walked up to her manager whom was an British-Korean middle-aged lady. Named Sue, she was introduced to Jiyeon upon her acceptance into the modeling agency.

"Good news, Jiyeon-ah." She said, in korean to Jiyeon.

"You will be able to go back to your hometown Korea for some activities." Sue explained.

Jiyeon widened her eyes in shock. Her eyes were glittering in awe as she nodded her head. "Sure, that's great. What will I be doing there?" She asked.

"About that, you'll be participating in some modeling activities, or in short CFs which you should know about. We have accepted CF offers on your behalf for some skincare products and some clothing company in Korea. We'll update you with more details. However, you'll need to go back to Korea before christmas. The CFs are all before christmas, so don't worry." Sue said.

Jiyeon nodded her head. 

"Hmmm, Jiyeon-ah, pardon me for asking but do you have plans to like stay in Korea? I mean like Korea's your hometown, you're born there and it's probably best to stay in your hometown right? Or perhaps do you want to stay in London instead?" Sue asked curiously.

Jiyeon then bit her lips. She thought of her mother, yet she thought about Myungsoo, and her friends and memories in Korea. "Well, I do really miss Korea a lot. The food, my people and all. However, my mom's residing in London for awhile already and there are things that happened in my family. I do want to stay in Korea though, but I am worried for my mom though so I don't think I could go back and stay in Korea." Jiyeon replied.

"You know, the company asked me about this and we've discussed about this as well. Because our company also have headquarter branches in Seoul and Japan as well, for the Asia region in the world. We've thought for your own best, you might want to go back home, while your contract with us still remains and we'll let the Korean side to take care of you from there." Sue explained.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "So, my activities will be in Korea then?" She clarified.

Sue nodded. "Yes, your activities will be in Korea, however, you'll still have the opportunity to be scheduled for overseas events and activities too. Don't worry about that." Sue explained.

Jiyeon nodded. "I'll think about it again. Thanks." Jiyeon said.

Sue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter