Chapter 10

UNexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 10

 

 

Lee Yumi's POV :

 

 

 

I just found myself walking towards Yuki's room. I couldn't sleep and all I could see was Mom's face when she was lying on her deathbed. I felt scared and scarred. I miss her and it was painful to feel that.

 

When I entered his room, Yuki was already covered up. He might be sleeping already.

 

"Yuki..."

 

He didn't move so I decided to climb on his bed and sleep there for tonight. I needed Yuki at times like this, when pain and hurt is slowly eating me up. I cuddled closer to him and hugged him.

 

"I miss Mom, Yuki... I miss her so bad..." I could already feel my tears gather at the corner of my eyes. I don't really cry much, I don't want to be so emotional cause I don't want to be weak. But there are just times like this when all I see are the memories of my mother, and this is sometimes becoming too much for me to handle.

 

"It's almost her death anniversary, Yuki-ssi... and it's almost her birthday too. I miss making a cake for her." I felt tears starting to fall on my cheeks, and I was already biting my lower lips to try to stop myself from sobbing.

 

I then felt Yuki move from my embrace, yet he stayed under the covers. His hand came to touch mine and I felt him squeeze it gently. I had to smile at this, he might be crying right now, too... And he doesn't want me to see. I thought.

 

Yuki has always been like that, he doesn't want me to see his tears. Whenever I'm around, he'll always try to act cool and strong for my sake. I hugged him tighter, and this time I didn't try to stop myself from crying.

 

"I-I... I miss her, Yuki! I miss her so so so much!" I was already bawling my eyes out then, and I could feel my hand squeeze Yuki's hand tighter too. He turned to me and hugged me beneath the covers. I couldn't see my brother's face then but I could feel him hurting too.

 

"Why did God take her away from us? She might have been blind and was sick the entire time... but she was still the best Mom there is! She was always there, ready to listen, ready to give a hug, ready to love... She always was just right there..." my voice was already breaking into sobs but I didn't care.

 

"God must hate me so much... Mom is gone. Dad left us just after Mom's death... He didn't even contact us or tried to see us..." Yuki was patting my back, trying to console me.

 

"You know, when Dad left... I really thought that maybe he just needed space and time to accept her death..." Yuki's hand stopped patting my back, and he even tensed at the mention of Dad.

 

"I know you hate him, Yuki... But he's still our father. He must've had his reasons when he left us..." when Yuki still didn't move an inch, I decided to continue talking.

 

"Dad... I miss him, too. He loved Mom so much, didn't he?" I was smiling though the tears were continuously pouring on my face. Remembering how my Dad cared and loved Mom, it was a love that went beyond the laws of man, it was selfless and it was almost surreal.

 

The problem was that all he could ever care for was just Mom... Only Mom. And when she died, he didn't even care about anything else... not even us. I hated how he looked when he left. I hated him leaving...

 

"Do you know why I hated your friend the moment I saw him?" I felt Yuki move at the mention of his friend, the faker guy Yuuki.

 

"I remembered Dad... and I hated that." I paused as I tried to collect my words, seeing Yuuki was like a strain for my wounded heart.

 

"He looked so much like him, don't you think? His eyes with those light grayish-brown hue that almost looked like contacts. His smile that is so fresh, it's annoying. His stance, modelesque and strong... and his attitude. He tries to act cool, but I can see that he's really a dork." I smiled, remembering the faker dude's reaction whenever I joke about reading his mind.

 

"He is so much like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter