Chapter 1

UNexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 1

 

Room 2-A

 

“Good morning… I’m… My… My name is… Yumi Lee… A transfer student from Seoul International Academy in Korea. Nice meeting you…” I said and bowed low without even trying to look at my new classmates.

 

***

 

Room 2-D

 

“Midorikawa Yuuki desu. Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.” I said in a low voice, not even bothering to look at the crowd. I can just sense the awed stare, and that’s enough to annoy me.

 

***

 

Room 2-A

 

 “So, can you tell us more about yourself please?” asked the teacher beside me. I looked at her and she smiled, motioning me to go on.

 

 “I… I’m 16. I’m fond of reading…” I said.

 

***

 

Room 2-D

 

 “I’m 17. And… Well, I don’t really do much.” This made the class laugh, even though it wasn’t supposed to be a joke. I just sighed.

 

***

 

Room 2-A

 

I then looked at the teacher and hoped that she would let me take my seat already, but instead she smiled again and asked,

 

“What kind of books then, Ms. Lee? I bet your classmates would want to know more about you, given that you’re a new student. Like… Well, yes the books you often read. Or sports you play. Or maybe shows that you like. Go on, Ms. Lee… it’s better for you to be able to express yourself in front of your future friends, right?” she said still smiling.

 

I sighed, because even if she does smile it’s still so annoying how nosy she seems to be. Why can’t she just take it that I don’t normally talk much? Or more like, I don’t normally TALK. End.

 

I blinked and sighed, decided that its better if I’ll just follow her for now so that I can already sit and spare myself from all these stares.

 

“I read random stuff.” I totally love crime books.

 

“I don’t do sport.” I HATE it. And I’m not allowed to.

 

“I watch random shows.” I am so in love with anime… Like the psychological genre of anime and those with amazingly done fights… and gore (Yep, blood is a fave). And I do some bit of cosplay. Just when NECESSARY.

 

“And I’m not into music much.” But I love Wakashima Kanon. I do play the drums a little. And I’ve been studying some bit of piano as well.

 

I looked at our teacher and prayed to Almighty that she’ll allow me to reside in my seat now.

 

***

 

Room 2-D

 

 “I read manga and some other books. I play soccer and I was with the basketball team back then. I don’t watch television a lot. And I just listen to any music that suits my mood.”

 

Finally, I looked up and met the eyes of my so-called classmates. They were all looking intently at me. With some giggling from girls here and there and some whispering drama from the guys, I just knew that it’ll be just the same as always.

 

Feeling a bit frustrated, I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. This… made the crowd go wild. So, first day of class and it seems like I’m already the new eye candy.

 

That was expected.

 

***

 

Room 2-A

 

 “Alright then… Great! So now, let’s get you to sit…” Finally, I sighed. “Where to? Let’s see…” she tried to look for a vacant seat, and then she touched my shoulder and smiled, “Just sit behind Ms. Makino Hiragawa, the class president.” She said and pointed on to the seat on the third row beside the window behind the girl who was raising her hand.

 

I nodded, and then headed off to my seat. I sighed, again, sensing all the eyes that were darting towards me. Wow, first day and yes, I am but the official weirdo underdog yet again.

 

Well, that was expected.

 

***

 

Room 2-D

 

Yuuki’s POV:

 

MATH. Damn. First day of class and the first subject is this totally brain-draining subject. Not to mention that the teacher is also super boring and not at all interesting in any way. She looks like she was already in her late 40s, she was short and had a stout body frame, her face is also round and chubby, and she looks really scary. If only she was young, pretty, and y then maybe I can just look at her body until end of period. Unfortunately, she’s NOT.

 

It was really boring, way boring that I could ever explain in words. I sighed. I yawned. I blinked. And after like a gazillion sighing, yawning, and blinking… I just found myself doodling whatever at my notes. I was sketching something that looked like an alienated cat when,

 

“It seems like you’re having a bit of a difficulty with the lesson, Midorikawa-kun… Want me to help you?” said the girl beside me, who I can’t even remember.

 

I looked at her and checked her out. Honestly, she was cute. No, she was actually really pretty. She had these long brunette tresses that are neatly combed at her back. Milky-white skin, y figure, and her face… Almond-like eyes that accentuate her small face, cute nose, and cherry-colored lips that curves into a sweet seductive smile. Not bad. Maybe she’s the popular gal here, given that she’s confident enough to talk to me.

 

I tried not to mind her; I’m just not fond of girls that try so hard to get my attention. Truth is, I’m not really fond of girls. Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not gay.

 

I’m just so fed up with girls. Given that they’re almost all over me my whole life!

It’s just that I hate the type of girls who: (1) Again, girls who tries so hard to get your attention just because they think you’re cute. (2) Girls who flail and go “kyaa kyaa~” or cheer the “L-O-V-E- whatever” whenever you pass by the corridor just beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter