Chapter 2

She's My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two families bonded as they walked towards the private room that was reserved for them. Mrs. Oh and Mrs. Kim seemed to have become best buddies in under ten minutes. Mr. Oh and Mr. Kim were still a little formal to each other, but seemed to be getting along pretty well. Sehun and Kiara walked a few steps behind their parents, Sehun with his hands buried in his pockets and Kiara holding her brother's hand.

Kiara nudged Kevin discreetly. Kevin looked at her and cocked an eyebrow. "What do you think?", she mouthed silently, indicating with her eyes towards Sehun. Kevin spared a cursory glance towards Sehun before shrugging. "He's okay.", he said, nonchalantly.

Kiara chuckled softly, squeezing her brother's hand. "You like him?", Kevin mouthed silently at her. Kiara just shrugged and smiled.

All this while, Sehun felt rather left out, observing the silent interactions between the brother and sister. He knew they were discussing him, because he had noticed Kevin glancing at him. He tried not to look at Kiara too often. But he was having a hard time keeping his eyes off her.

Sehun sighed thankfully once they reached the private room. The room was comfortable looking. One of the walls was completely made of glass and you could see the city outside. Added to the fact was that the room was on the 10th floor, so the view was even more exhilarating. In the centre of the room was placed a long table with seven comfortable looking chairs around. Kiara took a deep breath as she stepped into the room and smiled pleasantly.

"We chose this room because this is one of Sehun's favorite rooms in the hotel.", Mr. Oh smiled at Kiara. Sehun smiled back politely. "Oh.", she said, "It is a beautiful room."

"Why don't we sit down?", Mrs. Oh suggested. Everyone agreed and settled down on the chairs. At the head of the table was seated Mr. Oh. To his left was his wife and to his right was Mr. Kim. On Mr. Kim's right was Mrs. Kim and next to her sat Kevin. Opposite Kevin was Sehun. Kiara was made to sit next to Sehun, in between him and his mother.

"So. Let me talk to this young man.", Mr. Oh said suddenly. Kevin looked up politely. Kevin was a badass in front of his parents, but he could play the charming, young chaebol pretty well. Kiara glanced at him as he politely smiled at Mr. Oh.

"So, Kevin, was it?", Mr. Oh asked. "Yes sir.", Kevin nodded politely. "So what are your interests?", Mr. Oh asked as he started having a conversation with Kevin.

Kiara relaxed back in her chair as Kevin had a comfortable conversation with Sehun's dad. Their mothers were already engaged in an animated discussion about all things mothers discuss about. Mr. Kim had joined Kevin's and Mr. Oh's conversation. Next to Kiara, Sehun cleared his throat. Kiara turned her head towards him slightly at the same time he turned towards her. They smiled shyly at each other.

"Um... So...", began Sehun stammering a little, "You...er...you go to Seoul International too?"

Kiara nodded, not meeting his eyes, "Yes...and you too, right?" She felt too awkward. Perhaps this was what came of attending an all girls' school since you were twelve and not having any friendly talks with a guy other than your brother for nearly seven years.

"So...um you heard about the prom?", Sehun asked.

"Oh yes... Yes I did...", Kiara answered back, shyly.

Sehun nodded, rummaging about in his head for topics to talk about. "Um so what are your hobbies?", he asked after a while, playing with his fork placed on the table in front of him.

"Me? I don't have a lot of hobbies." Kiara muttered, shyly.

"You must have one?" Sehun smiled at her slightly.

"Well, I used to draw till I was sixteen. But then I got so busy with the company stuff and school. I haven't really drawn in quite sometime.", she answered with a smile and then asked, "What about you?"

"I like to dance and play soccer.", Sehun shrugged, "But like you said, school and company take up most of the time..." Kiara chuckled understandingly. Sehun found her little chuckle utterly adorable. It sounded like the chiming of wind chimes to his ears.

The sudden silence around them made them both look towards their families. Everyone was looking at them. The mothers looked like they squeal out in delight. The fathers had their eyes twinkling. Kevin just grinned teasingly at his sister. In the blink of an eye, the mummies and daddies had resumed their conversation leaving Sehun and Kiara feeling awkward again.

They were saved by the timely arrival of the food. When the tangy smell of the spicy meat preparation hit her nose, Kiara realized how hungry she was. She had had to skip breakfast in the morning to get ready for this 'meeting'. She had to exercise her utmost willpower to not jump on the tureens of good food placed before her.

At long last the food was served. Red wine was poured into the wine glasses. As was becoming of a well mannered heiress, Kiara first held the wine glass elegantly in her fingers and took a tiny sip and replaced it on the table. She then dabbed at her lips with a tissue. After that she picked up her fork and knife and cut tiny bites of her food and started eating. Beside her Sehun did the same. Everyone was enjoying the meal. Mr. Kim warmly complimented  delicious food. Even Kevin was happily eating, not being his badass self.

Kiara tried to eat slowly and properly, and not taking too many helpings, not wanting to embarrass herself. But her hunger was getting the better of her. Sehun noticed that her plate was empty and she was hesitating about taking more food.

He smiled to himself.

"Kiara-ssi", he called. Both pairs of parents looked towards them from the corner of their eyes, trying not to be obvious. "Have you tried this sea fish dish? It is one of our specialties at this hotel!", he told her smiling.

"Oh yes! I did try it! It was delicious!", Kiara smiled back.

"Then you should have some more!", said Sehun beginning to serve her.

"Oh no! I couldn't! I'm full already!", said Kiara, while her stomach growled at her for lying.

"Oh but if you don't take another helping I'll think you didn't like it!", insisted Sehun.

"Just accept it Kiara! Sehun is being so sweet!", Kiara's mother cooed. Kiara blushed and nodded.

"Thank you Sehun-ssi.", she mumbled when Sehun generously served the fish dish on to her plate.

Kevin caught his sister's eye and winked making Kiara blush again. This didn't go unnoticed by Sehun. He just smiled to himself again.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter