Chapter 4

She's My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun and Kiara walked around the garden hand in hand, getting comfortable in each other's company. They were slowly opening up to each other. People around them were still muttering looking at their entwined hands. Obviously, many of them had heard what Yoora had yelled about Kiara and Sehun getting married. And the Kim Kiara getting married to the Oh Sehun had to be hot news! It was hard for Sehun and Kiara to ignore the attention that they were getting, but they tried their best.

They came to a halt in front of a cotton candy stall.

"Would you like some cotton candy?", Sehun asked Kiara. Kiara nodded happily. Sehun smiled at her and bought her a cotton candy. Kiara eagerly dug her teeth into the soft pink fluffy substance and sighed.

"This is so good!", she exclaimed in delight and held the candy towards Sehun, "Try some?"

Sehun looked at the cotton candy and asked, "Are you sure?" Kiara nodded and waved the cotton candy in front of his nose. Sehun grinned and held her hand to stop her from waving the candy around and took a quick bite. A few people from the crowd suddenly cheered loudly and a few girls screamed.

Sehun and Kiara looked at the crowd, surprised, to find everyone staring at them. The girls who had screamed earlier were now looking at them with their fan girl eyes. "We ship you!" someone screamed from the crowd.

"Okay, okay everyone!", came Kris's voice suddenly, "Yes! They make a cute couple! Now that the point's been made, go mind your own business!" Kris waved away the crowd with his hands and intimidating voice and the people immediately started clearing off.

"I'm sorry about that...", muttered Sehun, "Hope it didn't get too uncomfortable for you..."

Kiara shook her head, "No. It's fine. You don't have to apologise."

Kris came up to them and said, "You guys better be a little careful. Your fans look ready to pounce on you!" 

Slowly the rest of the guys drifted back to them, all of them successful at having found girls for the prom, except for poor Chen, who just got flustered every time he came close to a girl.

"I can't believe I asked her to the prom!", groaned Lay, "She looked like she could eat me alive! Xiumin! Can I tell her I've gone gay for you and ditch her?" This earned Lay a smack on the head from Xiumin.

"Where's Yoora?", Kiara asked suddenly, looking around for her.

"She was with Tao, wasn't she?", asked Sehun, also looking around for them.

"There they are!", exclaimed Chen, pointing in their direction. They were still holding hands and Yoora seemed to be giggling about something while Tao looked a little flustered.

As soon as they reached them, Tao spoke up excitedly, "Guys! Guess who I'm going to prom with!"

"Yoora?", everyone chorused together. Tao and Yoora looked taken aback. Yoora abruptly pulled her hand out of Tao's and gave an embarrassed chuckle, "Oh no! He just asked Jung Heerin to prom. I was just...cheering him on." Tao shyly scratched the nape of his neck, as they guys all ogled at him.

"You finally asked Jung Heerin?", Lay exclaimed, "How?"

"Ah well...", Tao grinned sheepishly, "Yoora helped and I ...um... managed not to stutter..." The guys whooped and cheered while Kiara and Yoora just smiled.

"Oh then wait...", said Chen suddenly, "Yoora-ssi! Who are you going with?"

Yoora went red and lowered her eyes to the ground, "No one...yet..." Kiara immediately felt guilty for having left her friend and not helped her. "Yoora...", she began, but was interrupted by Chen.

"Oh goodie! Yoora-ssi, will you go to prom with me?", asked Chen, delighted.

Yoora gasped and looked up at him, "Wh-what?"

"Oh...ahem...ah...sorry...", stuttered Chen, now looking all flustered, "I... I was ju-just won-wondering if y-you w-wanted to...togotopromwithme!" His face was bright red and he was avoiding everyone's eyes. He knew he was in for a teasing later, but right now the guys were all quiet.

Kiara discreetly nudged Yoora who was looking shocked out of her wits. Did THE Kim Jongdae aka Chen just ask her, Lee Yoora to the prom?

"Yoora!", Kiara whispered, nudging her again. Yoora snapped out of her thoughts and looker at Chen who now looked like he regretted doing what he just did.

"I-Its alright, Yoora-ssi...", muttered Chen, embarrassed, "Y-you don't have t-to if you d-don't w-want to..."

"I didn't say I didn't want to!", blurted out Yoora and then went deep red and hid her face in her palms. Chen was taken aback at her response. The guys started smiling a little. Kiara giggled, which set the guys laughing at the flustered looking Chen and Yoora.

"So...d-does this m-mean you agree?", asked Chen hesitantly. Yoora nodded shyly. Chen grinned at her.

"Guys, I think I need to leave now...", Lay said suddenly, checking the time on his watch.

"Already?", asked Kai, glancing at his own watch.

"Yeah... I have this meeting with Dad...", said Lay, dejected.

Sehun looked at the elder's expression. It was a known fact among the guys that Lay did not want to take over his dad's business. His passion was to dance and he just wanted a chance to pursue that passion. But his dad never gave him a chance to talk. His 'meetings' with his dad all involved his dad talking and him listening meekly. Because Lay never talked back to his dad.

After his mother passed away when he was 10, Lay had been very strictly brought up by his father. There was no love lost between father and son. However, Lay did not have it in his nature to be openly hostile to someone. He grudgingly did whatever his dad asked him to, but never spoke out to him about what he wanted. He was only truly happy when he was with his friends and did not have to pretend to be obedient and happy.

The guys nodded unders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter