Chapter 19

She's My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The man Henry’s mother was seeing. The man Mrs. Song was seeing. Jung Yunho!”

Kiara clutched her chest in shock, unable to think, unable to comprehend, unable to wrap her head around this brand new piece of information. The two people who had been so precious to her and still were, were Henry’s family! She just sat there turning things over in her head, not knowing what to make of them, when Yoora found her.

“Kiara?” she asked, concerned, crouching down next to her, “What happened?”

Kiara looked at her with a blank expression, “Mrs. Song was Henry’s mum?”

“You heard?” Yoora sighed, squatting down next to her. Kiara nodded, looking at her feet.

“How am I even going to face Henry after this?” Kiara whispered, “Knowing I watched his mum die. And it was my father’s doing as much as Mr. Lau’s.”

Yoora didn’t know what to say, so she just put an arm around her, trying to comfort her. Kiara took some time to gather herself before looking up at Yoora.

“I need to take my mind off all this.” Kiara sniffed, pushing herself to her feet, “Do you want to study for the finals? I mean, they are in two weeks.”

“Really, Kiara?” Yoora rolled her eyes, “So much happening, and you’re still thinking of exams?”

Kiara simply shrugged and made her way towards Yoora’s room. Yoora followed her saying, “Well, whatever floats your boat!”

After an hour if intense studying, Yoora marvelled at how Kiara could concentrate so well, with so many things already on her mind. She noticed that Kiara looked rather peaceful when studying, more peaceful than she had looked all day. Again the thought crossed her mind how Kiara was hardly a normal teenager.

She sighed, jumping off her bed. “I’m going to grab something for us to eat. I’m bored.” She told Kiara. Kiara simply nodded, head still buried in her book. She continued to work till she was interrupted by her phone ringing. She picked up her phone only to notice an unidentified number. Not really interested in finding out who it was, Kiara ignored the call and continued working.

But it rang again after a while, drawing an annoyed groan out of Kiara, just as Yoora walked in with some fries and coke.

“Who’s calling?” she asked curiously, putting down the snacks and picking up Kiara’s phone.

Kiara shrugged and helped herself to fries. Yoora answered the call instead, “Hello?”

“Am I speaking to Kiara?” came the reply from the other side.

“May I know who I am speaking to, please?” Yoora asked, ignoring the former’s question.

“This is Mrs. Lau speaking.” Came the reply, “Is that Kiara on the line?”

“No, hang on, I’ll give it to her.” Yoora said, handing the phone out to Kiara. Kiara raised an eyebrow enquiringly.

“Mrs. Lau.” Yoora mouthed.

Kiara sat up slowly and took the phone from Kiara. Hesitatingly, she put it to her ear and said, “Hello?”

“Ah, hello Kiara.” Came the greeting, “I’m Henry’s mother speaking. I suppose you remember me from earlier today morning?”

“Yes, I remember you.” Kiara answered, trying not to let her irritation show in her voice.

“Yes, well, I’ll come to the point then.” The lady said, “The reason I called you was to ask you to set some time aside tomorrow to meet me.”

“And why would I want to do that, Mrs. Lau?” Kiara asked, struggling to keep her tone civil.

“Kiara, honey,” the lady on the other end said in an irritatingly patronising tone, “Your wedding is on Sunday. Now, I know we said we’re going to take care of everything, but I cannot get the wedding dress before consulting the bride first!”

“Wedding….dress?” Kiara asked in a flat tone, causing Yoora to stiffen in the middle of munching on fries.

“Yes, and the flowers and the cake.” The lady drawled, “I have already spoken to your mother and she will be joining us tomorrow. How does tomorrow morning at half past eight sound? I would like you both to join me for breakfast and then we can go about the schedule, which will be the dress first and then the flowers and the cake. I shall tell you the details over breakfast tomorrow. Is that alright, Kiara?”

“Yes, that sounds fine, Mrs. Lau.” Kiara answered in a defeated voice.

“Wedding dress?” Yoora asked, once Kiara hung up. Kiara nodded tiredly.

“I hope they hurry up and find Henry’s girlfriend already!” she groaned and flopped down on the bed, “Then we can just throw it at their faces that we’re not getting married!”

“They just started the search today.” Yoora said, brooding, “It is going to take them some time.”

“I hope she is found before they doing anything horrible to her.” Kiara shuddered, “She should be okay, right? T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter