Chapter 14

She's My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Henry Lau?" Kiara drew in a sharp breath. Sehun was shooting daggers with his eyes at the unwelcome addition to their comfortable gathering.

"Henry Lau?" asked Luhan, curiously, "The Lau Group of Hotels? That Henry Lau?"

"The very same." Henry Lau turned to Luhan with a smug smile.

"Aren't you guys based in Canada?" Kris asked.

"So we are." Henry smirked.

"But you guys don't have any connection to Seoul!" Suho frowned, "I doubt you would be here for no reason."

"That's right." Henry Lau smirked at him, "I'm not here for no reason. We'll soon have business relations with Seoul."

"You're expanding to Seoul?" Chen demanded.

"Not just Seoul." Henry turned to him, "Busan, Incheon and Daegu as well."

'But that's exactly where the Ohs have their business.' Kiara thought, frantically. Sehun seemed to be thinking along the same lines, for his eyes narrowed and his scowl deepened.

"The agreement to merge the  Kim Corporations and the Lau Group of Hotels has allowed us to comfortably expand our business to these areas." Henry informed them, smirking.

"Kim Corporations..." Kyungsoo muttered, "...but that's Kiara's company. Isn't it, Kiara?"

Kiara felt like shrinking and disappearing as Kyungsoo's owl like eyes landed on her. She nodded mutely to his question, refusing to look at him.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be merging with them?" Kai nudged Sehun, who kept quiet as well. Yoora shuffled her feet uncomfortably. Henry watched the scene before him with amused eyes.

"Kids!" Ms. Ahn came up to them again, "The dances are about to start. Go find your partners. Kiara, please come with me. You will be opening the dance with Mr. Lau. Mr. Lau, this way please."

She staunchly ignored the looks on everyone's faces, especially Sehun's and Kiara's. She did not want to do this at all. Unfortunately for her, this was her job and she had no choice. Kiara stubbornly stood her ground.

"Teach, that wouldn't be fair to Sehun." she said, bowing politely, "Perhaps Mr. Lau can open the dances with someone else. Our school has many talented and elegant dancers to offer, who, I am sure, will be delighted to open the dance with Mr. Lau."

Henry stared at Kiara stonily and turned to Ms. Ahn with a haughty questoining look.

"Kiara..." Ms. Ahn, turned to her pleadingly. From the look in her eyes, Kiara knew the female's job was on the line. She would. on no account want to give up such an excellent job in Seoul's top school. Sehun seemed to notice Ms. Ahn's dilemma as well, for he nudged Kiara lightly.

"Go on." he said in a soft voice, "It's just the opening dance."

Henry raised an eyebrow, but refrained from contradicting the statement. Kiara hesitated, before turning back to the teacher. Ms. Ahn sighed with relief as Kiara nodded at her.

"Please follow me." she said in a flustered tone. Kiara and Henry fell into step behind her.

"Just the opening dance." she said through clenched teeth, looking straight ahead. The only reply she got from the male standing next to her was an amused snigger.

Sehun watched her walking away with a frown. He didn't like it that Kiara was going to dance with someone else, even if it was for just one dance. He wanted nothing more than to pound that intruding idiot's head to dust. He sighed and tore his eyes away from Kiara's retreating back. 

That was when he noticed the curious, confused and suspicious looks of the other boys.

"What?" he asked, standing up straight, suddenly feeling rather conscious.

"Exactly." Kris deadpanned, "What? What's going on?"

"What are you talking about?" Sehun turned away from him with a grunt, "Nothing is going on."

The boys shot him incredulous looks while Yoora appeared extremely uncomfortable. 

"Yeah...right." Kai drawled, "We didn't see any of that, did we, guys?"

"Shut up." Sehun snapped at him, before walking away.

"Crap." Yoora swore, and then cringed realizing the company she had. All the boys turned to her in the blink of an eye. She looked at them, flustered.

"You. Explain." Kris said, shortly.

"Me?" Yoora squeaked, taking a frightened step back.

"Hyung!" Chen reprimanded Kris, "Stop scaring her like that."

He then turned to her and gently asked her, "Yoora, do you have any idea what this is all about?"

Yoora hesitated, before letting out a defeated sigh. 

"I do. I do know what this is all about." she admitted in a low voice, "But I'm not sure it's my place to tell you guys. It would be bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter