Chapter 20

She's My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Please make sure you've read Chapter 19 before you read this.

 

It was D-day, the Sunday Kiara had been dreading. Henry had told her the day before that Wendy was probably being held somewhere outside South Korea and they hadn’t had any luck finding her. Kiara had been going crazy at the thought that they might have to go ahead with the wedding and that would make a right mess of things. Till the last moment she had been waiting for news that Wendy was safe and they could cancel the wedding.

The very same day, two hours after Henry conveyed this news to her, Kris called her saying that Wendy’s locations had been traced and he, Tao, Kai, Suho and Donghae were going to rescue her.

“Where are you guys going?” Kiara had asked, pumped that the wedding might not have to take place after all.

“Toronto.” Kris had answered, shortly.

“But that’s going to take more than twenty-four hours!” Kiara had exclaimed.

 “Yes and I don’t have time, Kiara. We need you to go ahead with the wedding and not kick up any kind of fuss now.” Kris told her, urgently, knowing she would protest, “We cannot let them know we are up to something. Henry’s going along with whatever his father is asking of him. We’re all trying to pretend that we’re going along with the wedding. You need to trust us. We’ll come and get you before things get completely out of hand.”

“How are you so sure?” Kiara had asked, “The wedding’s in less than twenty-four hours. I’m going to run away-“

“Kiara, I need you to keep your wits about you!” Kris had said angrily, “And trust us!”

“You better keep your word!” Kiara had yelled into the phone before Kris hung up.

 Kiara was woken up at the crack of dawn by her mother. Not that she had been asleep. Tossing and turning about the whole night, she hadn’t slept a wink causing her eyes to look tired and puffy. She stood leaning against the wall next to the window, as her room was transformed into some sort of a showroom and her bathroom transformed into a spa.

She let herself be pulled around by the attendants and staff as they gave her face a complete makeover, right from cleansing, to mask, treating the dark circles and the puffiness around her eyes. Her hair was washed multiple times till it shone, dried and curled. They even added golden extensions to her brown-black hair.

Her body was washed and scented with lavender. Her nails were filed and painted a light violet. They even went so far as to sprinkle glitter on her. After two hours of this preliminary preparation it was time for the good stuff.

They gave her a light pink tinge on her cheeks after the layers of foundation and whitening. The mascara on her pale skin made her brown eyes stand out. They gave her a light violet eyeshadow, barely seen, but which enhanced her eyes. They gave her lips a glossy shocking pink touch, which Kiara thought looked absolutely ridiculous, but she pulled it off anyway.

Her hair was pulled up in an elegant bun, with curly ringlets hanging by the side of her face, the golden extensions peeking out from between her brown black hair.

And then, all too soon it was time to put on the white gown. Kiara slowly stepped into the gown and the attendants pulled it up around her body, zipping it up at the back. Kiara looked at herself in the body length mirror as they set about straightening out wrinkles and smoothening the dress down.

They inserted a sparkling tiara into the bun and added the trail. She slipped easily into the pretty glass shoes and the nineteen-year-old bride was ready.

She should have looked beautiful and radiant on her wedding day. But Kiara thought, as she stared into her dead eyes in the mirror, she looked no better than a mannequin on display.

 

 

 

 

Kiara took Kevin’s hand as he helped her out of the car. Yoora, looking charming in her light violet bridesmaid’s dress, got off after her, helping her with the trail. Mrs. Kim, dressed in a simple blue dress, got off the car following theirs’ and hurried to Kiara’s side.

Kiara turned away when the cameras started flashing and hid herself behind Kevin. Kevin shielded his sister as they made their way into the makeshift dressing rooms at the venue.

Kiara caught a glimpse of the aisle built under the open blue sky covered in white satin, leading to the altar, the grass looking lush and green on either side. There were little round tables covered in white satin with chairs around placed out on the grass. There were people rushing around, setting up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter