Chapter 10

She's My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kiara peered anxiously over the crowd of people thronging through the exit of the Incheon International Airport. A plane had just landed, to be precise, the plane that they were waiting for. Kiara's heart was skipping along at an irregular pace as she anticipated the moment when she would see him. Next to her, Yoora was on her toes, awash with with excitement. 

"What's taking him so long?" Yoora muttered, impatient, "The plane landed quite some time back!"

"Must be the baggage..." Kiara murmered quietly, taking her eyes off the exit for a moment to look at Yoora.. Her heart was pounding crazily in her chest. What would it be like, to see him after all these years? Would she still be his crazy fan girl, like she always had? Would he give her that benign elder brother look, like he always did? Kiara didn't know what to expect. But she was excited nevertheless.

She smiled a little as she watched the impatient Yoora pacing restlessly around the spot, craning her neck over the throng of people pooling out of the airport. She shook her head, a little amused, and turned back to gaze at the exit. Of course, had Kiara had the good fortune to be in Yoora's situation, she would be insane with joy as well. Because Oppa was Yoora's own elder brother, and Kiara would forever envy her for having such a perfect elder brother. She would always be overcome with emotions whenever she saw the siblings together. They did bicker and kick each others' asses like any other siblings, but the love underneath everything was marvelous to behold. This was the reason why Kiara had jumped to the seventh heaven of delight when oppa had taken her under his wing and treated her like his on little sister. That was the day Kiara had earned two best friends, who she would cherish for life.

 

FLASHBACK

 

A six year old Kiara watched as a boy with black hair with shades of brown helped a little girl, who looked around her age, on to one of the swings. He ensured that she was comfortable and secure before giving the swing a little push. The girl giggled as the swing swung forward a little. She squirmed about in excitement.

"Oppa, push higher!" she squealed.

"Not too high, Yoora. You'll fall." he said in a calm and gentle voice.

"Oppa~~" the girl called Yoora whined, "Higher!"

Kiara saw him give a little sigh and push the swing slightly higher. Yoora jumped in her seat. The slight movement got her to lose her hold, and she fell face-forward into the sand. Kiara gasped and ran to help the girl. Before she could reach her though, the boy had already gently pulled her to her feet and was cleaning her face with a clean white handkercheif.  The girl, Yoora, looked like she was about to burst into tears. But the boy, instead of reprimanding her for being careless, consoled her and got her to calm down. Kiara was mesmerised by how calm his eyes were. She didn't realize that she was standing there staring at him. But they noticed her.

"Hey" he said, turning to Kiara with a pleasant smile, "Who are you? I haven't seen you here before." Yoora too was looking at her curiously.

"H-hello. I'm Kiara." Kiara managed to answer, "We just moved here yesterday."

"Oh! That explains it!" he grinned at her, "Well, welcome to our little community. My name's -"

"Miss Kiara!"

Kiara jumped a little at the sound of her name. She had been so lost in the boys voice, she had forgotten the maid who as chaperoning her around the neighbourhood.

"Miss Kiara!" the maid chided her gently, catching up with her, "You gave me the slip! Now come on! Your father is looking for you!"

Kiara turned to the boy with the mesmerizing eyes.  He was still smiling at her.

"Go on," he said, in that same gentle voice he used with his sister, "We'll meet you again!"

Kiara tentatively returned the smile and turned back to the maid who was waiting for her. She took her hand, almost resignedly , and walked back to her mansion.

That night Kiara thought of the boy with the mesmerizing eyes. Kiara had a younger brother who was two years old. But thinking of the siblings back at the park, she felt deprived for not having an elder brother. Being an elder sibling came with a certain amount of responsibilities. Kiara didn't resent the responsibilities she had towards her little brother, but she did want to pampered by an elder sibling, like the girl, Yoora. For the first time in her little life, Kim Kiara envied someone else, for they had something she didn't have.

 

Kiara was not at all looking forward to school the next day. She had never been to a school before. Her parents thought it was really not practical to put her in a school when they kept moving towns every two or three months. So, she had always had a governess who taught her and took care of her, for her parents were usually too busy. But this time, it seemed like they were in this town for a longer period of time than usual. 

Her governess had come with her from the United States, when they had moved back to South Korea two years back. They had stayed in Busan for two years and had just moved to Seoul. Their residence at Seoul seemed more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter