Chapter 1

She's My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The time is 7 a.m. It's time to wake up~ The time is 7 a.m. It's time to wake up~ The time is...", chimed the pink alarm clock, bought in America.

"It's time already?" Groaned a soft voice from beneath the pink fluffy duvet. A slim hand emerged from the under the duvet and tapped on the alarm clock, making it stop it's recitation. The duvet was thrown off and a beautiful perfect pair of legs descended on to the floor groping around for the flip-flops. They winced at the touch of the cold floor but relaxed when they found the shoes.

An elegant body lifted itself of the bed and stretched. The beautiful fingers brushed away the dark soft hairs to reveal the adorable and charming face of Kim Kiara.

Kiara smiled at herself in the full length mirror in her room. "Another bright day, Kiara honey!", she told herself, "Let's go through today with a smile too!" She padded into the bathroom to brush, shower and get ready for school.

While Kiara is busy getting ready, let me tell you something about her. Kiara, at nineteen years of age, is the elder child of Mr. And Mrs. Kim of the Kim corporations. She has a younger brother, Kim Kevin. Yes, his name is Kevin, this is because he was born during the two years that the Kims had decided to spend in America.

Kiara is as perfect daughter as any parent could ask for. She ranks top of her school, Seoul International for Girls, is a straight A student, and is also friendly, and helpful. There are very few people who actually bear a grudge against Kim Kiara and those that do are obviously just jealous of her perfection.

Kiara constantly strives to remain the good girl she is, not minding the stress that her life puts her through. She is obedient to her parents' wishes and works hard at school so she can successfully run the family business when she takes over.

She has a fixed routine for everyday. She wakes up, dresses, has breakfast, goes to school, studies, comes back home, freshens, attends company meetings with her parents if there are any, does her homework, eats dinner, and sleeps. On weekends, she gets time to hang out with her best friend, Lee Yoora. They go shopping, out to eat, watch movies, or just hang out at each others' place. Weekends are the times when Kiara is happy without forcing herself.

A secret that she needs us to keep for her is that stacked away in a hidden corner of one of her many cupboards are notebooks and loose papers filled with beautiful sketches and paintings. There used to be a time when Kiara used to attend art classes which she had to quit because of her increasing responsibilities at the company. Also, because it was something her father disapproved of from the very start. Kiara still sketched, occasionally, taking extreme cautions so that her father didn't find out.

Well, so as usual, today being a Friday, Kiara got ready and went down for breakfast. Her mom, who was already seated at the breakfast table and was being served hot coffee by the maid, looked up and smiled at her.

"Good morning sunshine!" Mrs. Kim greeted her daughter.

"Good morning mama!" Kiara greeted back and pecked her mother on the cheek before settling down on the chair next to her.

"Would you like coffee or tea, Ms. Kiara?" the maid asked her.

"Coffee, thank you." Kiara replied with a smile and took a bite of her toast.

"Good morning honey! Good morning my little lady!" greeted Mr. Kim, who appeared, adjusting his tie.

"Good morning papa!" Kiara greeted and immediately got up to pour her father some tea. He didn't like coffee.

"Thank you, Kiara!" her father smiled at her as she put down the tea pot and took her seat again. "Isn't Kevin up yet?" Mr. Kim asked his wife, sternly.  Mrs. Kim only sighed.

"That boy! Already fifteen but shows no signs of taking any responsibility!" Mr. Kim fumed.

"Calm down papa." Kiara said, placing a hand on his shoulder, "he doesn't have school today anyway."

At his daughter's words, Mr. Kim seemed to calm down and returned to his breakfast. Kiara quietly finished her own meal and excused herself from the table. The car was waiting for her outside to take her to school. Giving her mom and dad quick pecks on the cheeks, she got into the car and was driven to school.

 

"KIARA! KIM KIARA!!"

Kiara turned around surprised at the loud voice. "Yoora?" she asked, raising her eyebrows delicately, "Why are you shouting?"

"I've...I've been yelling your name for the past ten minutes!", panted Yoora, clutching at her chest, "What's with you today? You look lost."

Kiara smiled at her friend, "It's nothing."

"Come on!" Yoora frowned at her, "I know its not 'nothing'!"

"I was just thinking about Kevin again. I don't want mom and dad to force him into this business when he is clearly interested in music. I can handle this business okay by myself. I just want him to get a chance to do what he wants." Kiara admitted.

Yoora shook her head. "Look at you. Always thinking about others. When will you think about yourself?"

"What do you mean? I'm happy just as I am!", Kiara said.

"Sure you are!", muttered Yoora, sarcastically, in a low voice.

"Sorry...what? Did you say something?", Kiara asked, turning to her.

"I said, let's go in!", Yoora smiled. Kiara nodded and smiled back.

They walked together through the school corridor towards their lockers. As usual, they were greeted by most of the students who crossed them on the way.

"Hello Kiara! Hey Yoora!"

"Good morning Kiara! Hi Yoora!"

"Kiara how are you today? Wassup Yoora?"

The greetings addressed to Kiara were always polite and respectful whereas those addressed to Yoora were casual and friendly. Kiara never failed to notice this difference. Today, like every other day she bowed and smiled back at everyone who greeted her until she and Yoora reached their lockers.

"Hello Kiara! Hey Yoora!" another voice greeted them at the lockers. Kiara and Yoora turned to see a girl smiling at them, holding out a flyer.

"Hello Minah!" greeted Kiara while Yoora smiled pleasantly, "what's that?"

"Oh these are flyers for the prom!" grinned Minah excitedly, "Seoul International is holding a combined graduation for the girls school and guys school, so we are going to have a prom and guys from the boys school are gonna ask us out!"

Yoora let out a squeal and clapped her hands, as Minah continued "I'm sure EXO is gonna ask out a few girls! Do you think one of them will ask me?"

Kiara just smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter