chap 8

The Bet

“Really Seungwan. What is going on with you?” Seulgi said. The class has now ended and were the only two who once left in the classroom.

 

“What?” I said.

 

“Awhile ago your just smiling like an idiot then now you’re in deep thoughts again.” She sigh and look at me worriedly.

 

“Is in love persons are like that? Seems like its stressful.” She said.

 

“Maybe, in love persons are really like that.” I said.

 

“So you’re really in love with her then.” She chuckles.

 

“What are you—“

 

“Hep! You already said that ‘Maybe, in love persons are really like that’” She mimicked my voice.

 

“Tsch. Whatever.” We stand up from our seats and go outside. We saw Joy near the exit. Probably waiting for us.

“Yah unnie what take you so long?” She whine. ! I forgot to pass my project.

 

“Guys, wait in me here. Just 5 minutes I forgot to pass this project to Ms. Park.” I said.

 

“Ugh unnie! Okay okay. Just go faster okay?” Joy said. I nod at her and run as fast as I can. I reach my teacher’s office and pass it to her.

I was about to run again when I hear some girls and a boy? Beside the girls locker shouting? Seems like they are bullying someone. Tsch students nowadays. I just about to ignore it but I hear her voice. Saying ‘please stop’ this I ran towards them and then I saw her. Her head hung low and the tears are now falling and they ing throw some foods at her!

 

“WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?!” I shouted at them. They stop from what they’re doing when they hear I shouted. The boy is holding my girl’s hand to prevent her from moving. I go near to that boy.

 

“W-Wendy sshi. We—“ he didn’t finish his sentence because I grab his collar and pin him in the wall.

 

“You don’t know how I get mad. I can kill you in here. If I saw you treating my girl like this I swear I’ll you.” I whisper at him. I was about to punch him when a soft hand touching my arm.

 

“S-Stop Wendy. Let’s just go now.” She pull me. . I will do anything for you. Before we go. I point at them and shouted.

“Don’t do this again! Or else..” I said. Irene look at me. She’s beautiful even though she’s a mess. We filled with a silence.

 

“T-thank you.” She said as she broke silence.

 

“Where’s your friend then? The guy who stole you away from me yesterday.” I hissed at her.

 

“Huh?”

 

“He said he will protect you tss protect my .” I whisper at myself. She look at me weirdly.

 

“What are you saying again?” She said. Wow this is the first she did not stutter.

 

“Nothing Irene. And by the way I’ll clean you up at our dorm. So can you kindly go to us first?” I said. Please say yes.

 

“But my parents—“ I cut her off.

 

“I will tell them! I promise!” I said. She smile at me. Oh that smile again.

 

“Okay then.” She smile again. As we walk I feel my hand is brushing into hers. As I told Seulgi earlier that I’ll make her mine I will make the first move then.

I held her hand quietly as we walk. I can feel she’s looking at me but I didn’t look back I just walk naturally. When I feel she’s not looking at me, I look at her and that face of her is now red again. That person that you like must be lucky. Even though you like someone else I will still make you mine.

As we reach the exit we saw the two fighting in there.

 

“Let’s go home unnie! Let’s leave Wendy unnie alone she said 5 minutes but it’s akready 15 minutes.” Joy said.

“Just wait Joy maybe—“ Seulgi didn’t finish because I shouted at them.

 

“Hey guys!” I shouted. The both look at us. The two widen their eyes when they saw Irene.

 

“What happen to you unnie??” The both said.

 

“She was bullied some ing students in there.” I said.

 

“What the hell? Then what happen?” Joy said.

 

“It’s a long story Joy.” I said. After that they both look at our intertwined hands.

 

“So uhm you guys are together?” Seulgi said. Irene widened her eyes and quickly remove her hand. Ugh!

 

“N-no we were just uhm..” Irene said.

 

“We’re not together. Come on let’s go home and Irene will be staying there for awhile.” I said.

 

“Really unnie?!” Joy said and Irene just nodded.

 

“We didn’t clean the dorm lately.” Seulgi said.

 

“Yeah right unnie.” Joy said.

We talk a lot of things about Irene. Like her favorites color is purple and many more. We reach our dorm.

 

“Uhm sorry if it is messy.” Seulgi said to Irene.

 

“No it’s okay.” Irene smile. I see that she’s now comfortable to us.

 

“So Irene can I have your parents number? I’ll tell them if it’s okay to stay here with us.” I said. She nod then gave me the number.

 

“Joohyun unnie go and get change first I’ll borrow you my clothes.” Joy said. Irene go to her. I type the number in my cellphone ask her parents.

 

Hello?” Is this her mother?

 

“Hello Mrs. Bae?” I said.

 

Hello? Who’s this?”

 

“Uhm Mrs. Bae this is Joohyun’s friend, Wendy.” I said.

 

Oh? I never thought Joohyun will have a friend. What can I do for you? Joohyun is not her yet.” She said.

 

“Uhm Mrs. Bae she’s here in our house. Maybe I can ask if she can stay here for awhile.” I said nervously.

 

What is she doing in there?” She said.

 

“Uhm.. uh..” What will I say?

 

Okay then girl. She can sleep overnight in there. Her dad is not here so enjoy your sleepover!” She said. Yess!

“Thank you Mrs. Bae. I will take care of your daughter. I promise!” I said.

 

“You sounded like my daughter’s girlfriend.” She chuckles.

 

“Soon Mrs. Bae, thank you again bye!” As I said that as I hang up the phone. please don’t let her hear what I’ve just say earlier.

 

“Seungwan are you done talking?” Seulgi shouted from the kitchen.

 

“Yeah!” I shouted back.

 

“Come here!” I follow what she says and I can smell the food she’s cooking.

 

“What did her mother say?” She said.

 

“She let her Irene to stay here and her mother just say that she can sleep—“ I was cut off when Joy shout.

 

“Unnie come on let’s eat now!” Joy said to Irene.

 

“Yah! You don’t need to shout!” I said.

 

“The pasta is done now.” Seulgi said as she place the pasta in the middle of the table.

 

“Take a sit Irene unnie.” Seulgi said. Joy and Seulgi are sitting beside each other. Irene and I took a sit. As we began eating Joy ask me.

 

“So unnie what did her mother say?” Joy said. I look at Irene before I answer.

 

“She let her to be with us.” I said. Irene look at me.

 

“Really??” Irene said.

 

“Yes. Because she said that you’re dad isn’t there so..” I said.

 

“Ahh..” She said.

 

“Why? Is your dad strict unnie?” Joy ask Irene.

 

“Yeah kind of. He’s strict whene there’s someone courting me.” She said. Seulgi and Joy both look at me.

 

“What?” I said.

 

“Not available.” Seulgi said. And they just laugh. Irene look at them weirdly.

 

“Just let them Irene they are totally weird.” I said and she just smile then nod.

 

“And uh by the way Irene you mom said you can sleepover in here too.” I said.

 

“What?” Irene said.

 

“Yeah. So do you want to stay here for the night?” I ask her. She nod. I smile at her.

 

“Sleepover?” Seulgi and Joy said. They both smirk at me.

 

“What?” I said.

 

“Irene unnie will sleep at your bedroom.” Joy said.

 

“What?!” Me and Irene shouted at her.

____

I'll try to update later! 

*smirk* Irene and Wendy in one bed? kkk~~