Chap 13

The Bet

“You’re going now Wendy?” Mrs. Bae said as she saw me and Irene go down the stairs.

 

“Yes Mrs. Bae.” I said as I bow.

 

“I’m glad to meet you Wendy. I hope next time you’ll introduce Joohyun to your parents as your girlfriend.” Mrs. Bae smile. I smile at her too.

 

“Mom..” Irene whine.  

 

“Why? Wendy is good. I want you to be her girlfriend okay?”

 

“I’ll make sure of that Mrs. Bae.” I said grinning.

 

“That’s my boy!” Mrs. Bae said. We laugh at her statement.

 

“So.. I’ll be going now Mrs. Bae.” I smile.

 

“Will you just call me mom. Mrs. Bae is too long honey.”

 

“Of course mom.” I smile.

 

“I think Wendy will be going now, mom.” Irene said.

 

“Okay. Take care Wendy okay? You can visit us here anytime.”

 

“Yes mom. I will.”

 

“I need to go back at the kitchen now. Bye!” Mrs. Bae said and wave at me. I wave back too.

 

“Mom is so talkative.” She said as we walk towards their gate.

 

“It’s okay baby. I really can’t wait to tell your mom about us.” I smile.


“Why? Be patience Wan ah. Someday we will tell about it okay?” She smile too.

 

“About that. Can I tell Seulgi and Joy about us?” I asked.

 

“You trusted them do you? Then go and tell them.” She said smiling.

 

“I trusted them but what if they go and tell my mom and dad first that I’ve got a girlfriend? You know Seulgi and Joy.” I said.

“They are your bestfriends right? Or as far as I know your treating them like a sisters. So why not tell them?” She said.

 

“I know I understand but—“ I was cut off when my phone rings. Speaking of Seulgi.

 

“Answer it first.” Irene said. I nodded.

 

“Hel—“

 

“You’re still in Irene’s house?”

 

“Uh yes. I’ll go home now.”

 

“No don’t go home. Let’s meet at our village court okay?”

 

“Okay? Is there a practice?”

 

“Uhm.. ah! Yes! There is. But you can stay t-there for a while if you want to.” I frown at her words. Irene saw it and I saw her whispering ‘What happen?’ but I signal her to keep quiet.

 

“Is there something wrong Seulgi?” I said.

 

“Nothing is wrong Wendy. N-nothing.” She said stuttering. I swear something is wrong.

 

“Are you sure?” I said.

 

“Yes Wendy.”

 

“Okay. See you in there.” As I’ve said that she ended the call.

 

“Hey are you okay?” Irene said. I was frowning all the time when I talk to Seulgi.

 

“Yes I am. I’m just curious the way Seulgi speaks. She feels like she’s nervous or something is going on.” I said.

 

“Don’t worry too much okay?” She smile

 

“I know. So I’ll be going now.” I smiled too.

 

“Take care okay?” She smiled sweetly.

 

“I will.” I said and I kissed her forehead.

 

“I love you.” I said smiling.

 

“I love you too.” She said blushing. Oh God, thank you for sending this girl to me.

 

I walked towards my car and bid a goodbye to her.

 

I was driving home then I heard my phone rings. It’s Seulgi again.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Hey where are you know?”

 

“I’m almost there.”

 

“In the court okay? Don’t go in the dorm yet.” She said.

 

“Okay? Okay I will.” I said.

 

“Bye.” She said then hung up.

 

Is there a surprise? Why won’t she let me go to our dorm? Nevermind. I’ll just go to the court.

 

I turn to my right then I saw Joy and Seulgi sitting on one of the benches in the side of the court. They turn their directions in my car. They stand up and walk towards my car.

 

“Hey guys.” I said when I got out of my car.

 

“uhm.. uh..” Joy stutter.

 

“What’s wrong Joy? Why are we in—“ Seulgi cut me off.

 

“Do you want to practice first?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Seul I’m not in my jersey.” I said.

 

“Is that so? Shall we take a sit first and chat? We haven’t talk for a while now.” Seulgi said. Why are they so awkward? What happen to Joy? She’s just quiet.

 

We walk towards the benches and take a sit. I think this is the moment that I’ll tell them about me and Irene.

 

“I have something to tell you guys.” I said.

 

“What is it?” both of them said.

 

“I trust you two and I hope this good news will not spread at our school okay? Specially you Joy.” I said.

 

“I will not tell it unnie. I’ll promise.” Joy said. Goo girl.

 

“You too Seul. Promise me.” I said as I point her.

 

“Okay. I’ll promise.” She said.

 

“Uhm.. okay. How will I start.” I said playing with my fingers. Ugh I should practice this one when I’m driving.

 

“Spill it unnie.” Joy said.

 

“Uhm..”

 

“Just tell it to us Seungwan.”

 

“Me and Irene are together.” I said. There were a silence first.

 

“Aren’t you two are always together?” Seulgi said.

 

“You two are always stick together.” Joy said. What the hell they didn’t get it?

 

“Idiots. We are a couple now.” I said.  Again there was a silence.

 

“Uhm.. you guys are okay?” I said.

 

“Oh .” Seulgi said.

 

“What now?” I said frowning. They should be happy that there one and only Seungwan have a girlfriend now and I’m serious with it.

 

“What we will gonna do?” Joy whisper at Seulgi. I’ve heard it.

 

“Guys is there something wrong?” I said. Watching them two.

 

“I’m happy that you two are together now Seungwan. But me and Joy will go to our dorm first? And stay here first please and we will be back okay?” Seulgi said.

 

“Can I join you two?” I said. I swear something is wrong.

 

“We will be back I’ll promise.” Seulgi said.

 

“Okay then.” I said. No lies are hidden Seulgi. I’ll follow you two.

 

They already walk no scratch that. They run towards the dorm. I walk to the dorm to and I make sure that they don’t know that I’ll be going in there too. I’m stubborn and I know that. They should tell me what is going on.

 

They go inside the elevator and me? I’ll just use the stairs. The floor of our dorm is in the 11’th so it’s not just that high to reach. I run faster. I want to be there first.

 

When I reach the 11’th floor. I saw a girl standing in front of our dorm with a luggage. She turn her direction to me. And . this .

 

“W-Wend—“

 

“Wendy!! I said you should stay in there!” Seulgi said as she face me. Covering the girl behind us.

 

“Why you guys didn’t tell me that she’s in here?” I said. Almost a whisper.

 

“Should we leave them first unnie?” Joy ask Seulgi.

 

“No! I won’t let Wendy hurt again because of that girl!” Seulgi shouted.

 

“I’m okay Seul. Don’t worry I have Irene now.” I said to Seulgi.

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yes I am.” I said.

 

“Okay then.” Seulgi said sighing. She let me see her. At the side of my eye I saw  Seulgi glared at her.

 

“Don’t do anything to her, Krystal. Or else..” Seulgi said.

 

“We’ll leave you two first Kyrstal and Wendy unnie.” Joy said as she pull Seulgi with her.

 

When the two leave us alone. No one dared to speak. I’m just staring at her and she just staring at the floor. I want her to ask so many things.

 

I can’t believe that she’s back. It’s been 3 years since she’s gone. And she’s still the same. The same girl who turn me into a bad girl and a player.

____

 

I'm back! Hehe.. and about Krystal? hmm... *smirks*