chap 15

The Bet

I woke up when I feel my phone’s ringing. Ugh who the will call me on 8am? But still I answer the phone.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Good morning Wendy!” Who the is this?

 

“Excuse me but who are you?” I said.

 

“Your one and only girlfriend.” She said. Wait what the heck? This is Irene?!

 

“Irene?! Is that you? Oh gosh I’m sorry I—“

 

“So Irene is the name of your girlfriend..” She said what the.. Wait is this Krystal?

 

“Krystal is that you?” I asked.

 

“Bingo!” She said. Ugh !

 

“What do you want now?” I said.

“You said we’ll talk.” She said.

 

“I know but why did you call me this early?” She is just too annoying.

 

“I want to hear your voice.” Damn it.

 

“Your reason is not worth it I will hang this now-“

 

“Oh! Don’t you even try to hang it, I want to talk to you more.” I can hear that she’s whining at the phone.

 

“Krystal..”

 

“Please Wendy. It’s okay if you just stay silent just please don’t.” She said. I sigh.

 

“Okay.” After I said that we wrapped with silent. So what now.

 

After a long silence she finally broke it.

 

“How are you?” She asked. But I just ignore her.

 

“Wendy we didn’t talk properly so please answer my-“

“I’m okay. Just don’t talk too long.” I said. I’m so annoyed.

 

“Oh that’s good then.” She said in a sad tone. Am I being too harsh on her?

 

“Um…uh…” What is she want to say?

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“Are you still mad at me?” She asked me.

 

“Don’t bring that topic again Jung Soojung.” I said.

 

“Wendy..”

 

“Now what?”

 

“Did you just call me by my real name?” She said and I can tell that she’s smiling right now. Damn it.. I suddenly hit my mouth.

 

“Why something’s wrong?” I said completely ignoring my thoughts.

 

“No nothing. You.. you used to call me that name when we’re still-“

“I said don’t bring that topic again.” I said.

 

“I just want to talk to you about-“ I didn’t hear what she said next when my door suddenly open with a loud bam.

 

“I’ll tell you Ms. Son that your girlfriend is outside of our dorm and stop talking to other girls on your phone and you get ready okay?” Joy said then she go out again.

 

Holy Irene is in here?!

 

“I’ll hang now my girlfriend is in here. Bye!”

 

“Wait!” After she said that I hang the phone. I need to brush my teeth now.

 

After I brush my teeth I go out of my room and saw her on the dining table with Seulgi and Joy.

 

I smiled when I saw her. Is this really the feeling when you’re in love? that was cheesy.

 

“Hey what are you doing in here?” I said as I lean on her and peck on her lips.

 

“I didn’t know that our little Seungwan is sweet.” Seulgi said. What the..

 

“Shut up Seulgi just shut up.” I said.

 

“My mom goes to work early this morning and I’m only alone in our house so I decided to visit you guys in here.” She said smiling.

 

“Oh that’s why. Just stay here till lunch is that okay?” I asked.

 

“Yes it’s okay.”

 

“Oh by the way unnie, who’s the girl you’ve been talking to a while ago?” Joy asked from the kitchen.

 

“Um…” I looked at Irene who’s looking at me now with her eyebrows raising. Then I looked at Seulgi and I can tell that she knows the girl whom I’ve been talking to a while ago.

 

“Just my batch mates she said that she already here in Korea so that’s why..” I said.

 

“But you look like you’re angry when talking to-“

 

“Let’s eat now!” Seulgi interrupted Joy. Oh my gosh thanks Seul.

 

“Yay! Let’s eat.” Joy said.

 

We just ate on silence and while me glancing at the girl beside me who’s not even looking at me. And seems like she’s in a bad mood? What happen to this girl really?

 

After done eating Joy and Seulgi wash the plates and me and Irene decided to watch a movie.

 

“So what do you like to watch?” I asked her.

 

“It’s up to you.” She said as she check out her phone. Really Bae Joohyun?

 

I pick out a movie called The Maze Runner. This one is my favorite. I sat beside her and focus at watching.

 

But how can I focus when this girl beside me secretly smiling when looking at her phone. I was about to peek but she hide it away. I raise my eyebrows at her. I pause the movie for a second and looked at her.

 

“Who is that Bae Joohyun?” I said as I raise my eyebrows.

 

“Um.. nothing.” She said.

 

“Really Bae Joohyun?” I said.

 

“That was just my batch mate.” She said in a sarcastic tone.

 

“Don’t lie at me.” I said.

 

“Then don’t lie at me too.” She said. What is she talking about?

 

“Just tell me who are you texting to.” I said.

 

“Why would I tell you?”

 

“Because I’m your girlfriend!”

 

“Is it required that I should tell you whom I was texting to just because your my girlfriend?” She said. Our voice starts to rise.

 

“Damn it! Just tell me who is that!”

 

“Then tell me who’s the girl you’re talking to a while ago!” She said. I stopped.

“So now you can’t speak?” She said.

 

“Hey! What’s happening in there?” Seulgi shouted from the kitchen. But I just ignore her.

 

“That was nothing.” I said sternly.

 

“Really Son Seungwan?” She said mocking at me.

 

I was about to speak when Seulgi and Joy went here in the living room.

 

“What was happening in here?” Seulgi said.

 

“Lovers Quarrel.” Joy said.

 

“Because of?” Seulgi said.

 

“Um.. I’ve some ‘Tell me who’s the girl on the phone’.” Joy said as she mock at Irene. But the girl in front of me just calmly looking at them.

 

“So you’re curious who’s Wendy talk to whom just early this morning?” Seulgi asked Irene. And the she nodded.

 

“And maybe you’re jealous too?” Seulgi said.

 

“No I’m not!” She said.

 

“But who’s really the girl you’ve talk to a while ago?” Joy asked me.

 

“Is that even a big deal?” I asked.

 

“Yes it is because your girlfriend is jealous.” Seulgi said. I looked at Irene and her face is red. Is she embarrass or what?

 

“Just tell it unnie.” Joy said.

 

“It’s Krystal.” I said. I looked at them, Irene raise her eyebrows, Seulgi just stay calm and Joy with I don’t give a face.

 

“Who’s Krystal-“ Irene didn’t continue her statement when someone knock on the door.

 

“I’ll go check it out.” Joy said as she leave us in the living room.

 

“So who is that girl?” Irene asked at me.

 

“She’s my friend Irene.” I said.

 

And speaking of Krystal..

 

“She’s here.” Joy said as she looked at me.

 

“Who?” Irene asked.

 

“Her ex.” Joy said as she point at me.

 

Holy . I’m screwed. 

___

 

Irene and Krystal will meet on the next chapter! Stay tune! :))