Chapter 8

8 letters, 3 words...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I'm getting dizzy' she croaked to her friend.

'Please lay on this bed Ms Lee'

She gripped the sides of the hospital bed and hauled herself up onto it. The doctors quickly pushed the bed through the corridor, her friend trying to keep up behind her. 

'Ms Lee, please don't worry. We suspect it's a false alarm but we need to run some tests and keep you in overnight'

They pulled the bed into the room and she relaxed a little. The sterile stench of the hospital filled Chaerin's nose and she coughed. 

'Ms Lee, I understand that you're pregnant?'

She nodded and turned to face the doctor. The nurse standing beside her grabbed her arm and started putting injections and fluids into her. 

'Do you have a partner?'

'I…I do but he can't come' she sighed.

'You need to have an MRI scan'

The nurse nodded at the doctor and they both left the room. Her friend looked worryingly at her and Chaerin just smiled.

'Thank you. Look, don't worry. I'm fine, honestly. You heard what he said'

'I'm not so worried about that anymore. I'm worried about you and Taeyang. You need to go back to Korea.'

'Ms Lee, we need to take you in for the scan now' the doctor said, swinging open the door.

I've been wanting to go back since I got here in the first place she thought.

'I have to go, are you sure you're okay? I'm not leaving until I'm sure you're okay'

'I'm fine. Go.'

The nurses fixed the handlebars and started pushing Chaerin out again into the corridor.

*

Nothing. Not a single t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter