Chapter 11

8 letters, 3 words...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Good morning baby' he said, leaning over and kissing Chaerin on the cheek. 'It's time to get up'

'I was already up.' she replied coldly.

'Oh, okay'

She sat up from under the covers and started combing her hair with her fingers.

'What's up? You seem gloomy today.'

'Youngbae, who were you calling last night?' she said, stopping and looking at him, a plain look on her fathe

'No one! It's not important, you don't need to know.'

'I don't need to know?! 'I'm missing you too'. Who the hell are you missing? Tell me!'

'Babe, if you really have to know, it was Bom. You know what she's like, I was just messing around.'

'Okay, thank you for telling me' she sighed, 'and also "Chaerin's going to hear me". I'm going to find out what?'

'Oh…oh it's nothing. Don't worry I'm not leaving you.' he said, biting his lip and smiling.

'Yeah, sure.' She got up out of the bed and walked over the door, her feet padding on the floor.

'We're all good?' he asked.

'Yep, all good.' she mumbled, walking out of the door. Taeyang stood up from the bed and started pulling the covers, the rising sun blinding him in the eyes. He walked over to the bedroom door and into the kitchen, grabbing the kettle. Two days to go he thought. Two days, and I ask Chae to marry me. God, I hope she says yes.

'Youngbae? Sorry for getting mad at you as soon as you got up.', she said, popping her head throught the kitchen door and walking over to him, slipping her hands around his waist.

'It's fine, you have every right to get mad at me.'

Taeyang too, slipped his hands around her waist and kissed her forehead before turning around to pick up the kettle.

'Tea?'

'Sure babe.'

'I think I'm getting a baby bump already.'

'Really! That awesome! I really do feel like a dad now.' he said, looking at her stomach.

'I feel fat.'

'Aw, shut up, you're not fat, it's going to be so worth it when it arrives. Oh my god, yeah. When is it going to arrive?'

'I don't actually know how many months I'm into this pregnancy. Probably a good idea to find out.' she replied. 'Hang on, back in a sec' she said, rushing to the bathroom covering with her hand.

'Chae? You okay?'

Sickness noises followed and Taeyang rushed into the bathroom.

'Chae, what's wrong?' he said, sitting next to her on the bathroom floor. 'Are you sick?'. He checked her forehead with the back of his hand but no sign of a fever.

'It's morning sickness. I'm fine, just suffering a bit.' she said, her voice shaky.

'Ugh, you scared the hell out of me then. Come here.' he sighed, pulling her gently by the shoulder and hugging her, resting his chin on her head.

'Oppa, I'm scared.'

'Of what, baby?'

'This. I don't like it.'

'I know, maybe it will ease off. You've just gotta try and pull through.'

'It's been really hard, when I found out I was pregnant, it explained why I kept throwing up in the morning.'

Taeyang kept silent and just carried on caressing her back, staring into thin air. God, she was all alone he thought.

'Oppa, you know, we are sitting on the bathroom floor. Maybe we should move to the sofa?'

'Yeah, maybe later.'

'No, now, it quite disgusting.'

'Fine.' He sighed, standing up and helping Chae.

*

'That's wonderful! I'm so glad you took him back.'

'Just one thing, my baby's going to be born out of wedlock and I don't want that to happen. I want be married.'

'Well maybe something will change between now and then. You never know.'

'Are you trying to tell me something Gong Minji?'

'No no! You didn't hear anything okay?'

'Okay' she joked, 'I didn't hear a thing.'

'You keep well and look after yourself okay? I can't wait to see you.'

'Yeah, and you. Bye bye.'

She opened up the door and walked down the corridor heading to her office. Probably the last time I will do this she thought. The office was exactly as she left it, still clean and tidy, the photobooks still spread across the desk. 

She opened up the wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter