Chapter 10

8 letters, 3 words...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He kept opening and closing the box, peeping at the ring every couple of minutes. It is beautiful, but it's not on Chae's finger yet, he thought. He kept twirling the black patent box around his fingers, annoyed at all this waiting.

'Someone special?'. Taeyang found a tall, young woman, with a dark complexion smiling at him.

'Yeah, I can't wait any longer' 

'She sure is lucky to have a handsome guy like you.'

'Thank you'

As she turned away, Taeyang remembered the night he picked up the girl in the bar. He sighed at the thought of having to tell Chaerin this, he could see what her reaction would be like. I technically cheated on her. He couldn't bear the thought, and he frowned in frustration. He slipped the ring box into his pocket and replaced it with his passport before heading into the tunnel.

'Seat 12C. Enjoy the flight'

He ducked and walked over to his seat by the window. His phone buzzed in his pocket and he quickly checked his messages. 

'Youngbae! Me and the girls have a brilliant plan for your proposal to Chae. Call me as soon as you can. I think you're going to love it!'

He chuckled to himself before locking his phone and dropping it into his bag. 

'Expected flight time will be about 11 hours.' the pilot called.

Taeyang groaned at the thought of all those hours and lay back onto the seat.

*

He's coming to find me. She gulped down the last part of her drink and headed into the bathroom. Her hair was all mangled and her reflection practically horrified her. Ugh. I can't let Youngbae see me like this. She the tap and splashed water onto her face before going out into the living room to gather her things.

*2 new messages*

'Chae? I'm missing you so much'

'Chae, please answer back'

She tried ringing his phone, but he was already calling someone else. Who the hell would he be calling? she thought.

*

'Bom that sounds great. Let's discuss it properly when me and Chae get back. Look, I need to go.'

'Okay Youngbae! Good luck, I'll see you soon'

He hung up and turned around to face the door. *knock knock*

He looked down at his shoes and bit his lower lip nervously. No answer. Suddenly the door clicked open to reveal Chaerin standing in her jeans, t-shirt and slippers. 

'We've been on hold for too long'

'Youn-'. Her words were cut off by Taeyang's kiss and she relaxed in his embrace. 

'I've missed you so much.'

'Youngbae, I can't do this.'

'Chae, you're not thinking right.'

'No. I love you with all my heart, but what I did to you was wrong. I can't forgive myself, it would hurt both of us.'

'Chae. I don't want to say it like this but shut the hell up. Aren't you forgetting you're pregnant? We have a life now. We have a future. Don't ruin it.'

Chaerin went silent and she walked back into the living room. 

'I..I know. But I feel like this won't work. I feel so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter