Chapter 1

8 letters, 3 words...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Thank you very much for your time, it was a pleasure doing business with you.' 

Chaerin firmly shook his hand, forcing a fake smile to form through her gritted teeth. 

'Thank you very much'

She knew. She knew exactly what she was doing right? As soon as he left the room, her shoulders relaxed and she let out a long, awaited sigh. 

'Are you sure?' she kept asking herself. 

'Am I really doing the right thing?'

Schedule sheets and notebooks were spread across the table in front of her. Numbers, letters and dates; she needed to get them out of her head. She needed a holiday. She reached to gather up her belongings and stuffed them in her ageing handbag, it's once shiny, red clips hanging on for dear life.

Shoving the bag on her shoulder, she tucked the chair under the table and walked to the cafeteria door, stopping to bow politely to the waitress cleaning the table.

It was getting dark, she thought. Her watch read 8:30. Better get back home, he sure must be missing me.

 

He froze still as the lock on the door clicked. Stop it he told himself. It's probably just a prank call.

'It's me oppa, don't worry' she called out. 

He sighed in relief as the door opened to reveal Chae, his beautiful Chae. He stood in awe looking at her, an idiotic smile spreading across his face. 

'What? Oppa, you're being funny again' she said, dropping the keys on the nearby table. 

'Mmm something smells a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter