Chapter 31

Teach Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aeri peeked her head out from the corner of the wall and had to sigh in dissatisfaction at the sight of Sehun waiting for her near the library entrance. She loathed the idea and reality of spending time with this guy. He was a pig, a guy that was too forward and obnoxious for her liking, and only wished that this quarter would end quickly so the partnership could be over with. Somehow, her ninja skills had failed her and Sehun spotted Aeri from her hiding spot, waving once they made eye contact. She groaned inwardly and wished she had taken Kris’ offer to come with her today. That way, maybe Sehun would have backed off when her boyfriend was standing right before him.

 

Since she was caught already and now that there was no reason to hide, she braved it out and walked away from the corner, dragging her feet towards the undesirable target.

“Hi, Aeri.” Sehun greeted sweetly as soon as they stood a couple feet away from each other. “I got these for you.” Like magic, he pulled out a bouquet of red roses from behind his back, handing her the batch of flowers with a large smile.

“What's this?” She stared down at his hands cautiously, unmoving from her spot as she waited for an explanation.

“I wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday morning.” He said, scratching the nape of his neck nervously, his disposition much different from what she's seen. “And for all this time. Please except my apology.” He didn't look cocky, flirt, or acted like a . The Sehun standing before her looked shy. It was such a stark contrast that she wasn't sure if he was lying or not.

 

“Uh...okay.” Again, she still didn't move, refusing to accept the flowers. She didn't know this man well nor did she know his motives. He could just be lying for all she knew.

“I mean it, Aeri. I'm sorry I was too forward and rude.... that’s not the real me.” Sehun continued to clear the air. “I admire you, Aeri. I think you're beautiful and your dancing is incredible.” The blonde blushed as he spoke and Aeri was positive her cheeks were just as rosy. To anyone else, this probably looked like a shy confession, and it kind of was but Aeri was more embarrassed that Sehun was still very blunt, just not in an obnoxious way.

 

“I'll be real, I do have a crush on you and I want to pursue you but I'm not the best with girls.” He looked sincere but Aeri wasn't going to believe him easily. “I'm really not that creepy of a guy. I just took bad advice from my friends.... They told me girls liked forward guys so I was just following their directions. It looks like it didn't work though...” Sehun was definitely an idiot for listening to all the his friends sprouted at him. He should have known from their track record of hooking up with less than classy girls that he shouldn't have taken their advice but he was new on campus and liked a girl that was unreachable – he was kind of desperate.

 

“Why do you like me anyway?” Aeri asked, challenging her suitor. She encountered plenty of flirty guys but none of them ever came out and said they actually like her because their intentions weren’t getting to know her. “Besides dancing and the little things you’ve noticed with us being history partners, you know nothing about me.”

“That’s why I want to get to know you!” Sehun all too eagerly blurted. “I’m genuinely interested in you.”

“I have a boyfriend, Sehun.” Aeri repeated firmly. “I’m flattered that you like me but I’m in a happily committed relationship so I’d appreciate it if you didn’t flirt with me anymore.” Aeri was willing to keep things amicable but had no interest in building a friendship with him. “Let’s just finish this project and go on our separate ways.”

“I understand.” It was disappointing but this was his fault. Sehun was just glad Aeri still talked him. “Will you accept the flowers?”

To his relief, she smiled and accepted the rose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter