Standing

What is love?

Chanyeol looks at the figures who hurriedly rushed out of the room, his eyes trailing them before he looks away and lands themselves on Jieun. He smiles a little as he sees her scrunching her nose up and holding her tummy while talking to her friends.

 

“If they don’t notice you frequently staring at her, I don’t even know anymore.” Chen sighs from his side. Chanyeol looks at him and throws him a scowl, “When’s your next class anyway?”

 

“In an hour. Physics,” Chen scrunches his nose up in thought, “I don’t even know why I have physics when my Major’s vocal.”

 

Chanyeol laughs at this, “Come on, let’s eat. I have that class too.” They begin to walk towards the cafeteria when Chen looks at him, expectantly, “Are you like also good in Physics?”

 

Chanyeol looks at him before tilting his head, in thought. “I don’t really know. I don’t think so?”

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?” A familiar voice interrupted them from behind, “You’re brilliant in science.” Kris rolls his eyes at him before a smile covers his lips.

 

“Hyung!” Chanyeol smiles, “Oops—I mean, Sir!” At the mention, Kris scrunches his nose up before sighing, he has to get used to this. His eyes land themselves on the pair of globes looking at him curiously.

 

“Uhm,” Kris begins, Chanyeol looking at him with raised brow before looking at Chen. “Ah, right.” Chanyeol begins, a sheepish smile on his face. “This is Jongdae. Kim Jongdae. Or Chen.” Kris smiles at the latter and so did Chen to kris.

 

“And uhm, this is Sir. Wu. He’s actually ou—my schoolmate back in high school.” He coughs out, correcting himself. He notices Kris eyeing him and he looks away.

 

“Nice to meet you, sir” Chen smiles at Kris, bowing. “Not to be rude but uhm… uh… Your fly’s halfway down.” Chen subtly points at Kris’ pants, the latter widening his eyes and looking at where he was pointing in hast.

 

“.” Kris mutters out.

 

“Please tell me you didn’t a student.” Chanyeol cringes as Kris fixes it.

 

“No!” Kris grimaces, “I wouldn’t touch a bunch of premature babies. I went to the bathroom just now you fu—“ Kris stops himself from continuing as he hears Jongdae snicker from Chanyeol’s side.

 

“Want to join us for lunch, sir?” Chen asks, amused. Chanyeol enthusiastically nods at them both, not giving Kris the chance to answer as he drags them both down the hall. “We’ve only got an hour and I’m not wasting it.”

 

 

Chanyeol takes a bite of his steak (“Rich little ” Chen mutters from his side as he looks at his tray) and hums in approval, he hadn’t eaten since yesterday night when he collapsed in bed, tired from the first day of school.

 

Chen looks at him, scowling and then looks at Kris. Chen looks at his facial feature, subtly staring at how perfect it was, from his pointed nose to his jaws. He lifts his gaze up and look at the slight flutter of his lashes and then down to his pink lips. His gaze returns to Kris’s eyes, staring at him and the latter catches it.

 

“Hmm?” Kris asks, his lips twitching in a smile.

 

“You’re pretty damn good looking.” Chen concludes. He watches as Chanyeol and Kris almost sputter out their food in shock. Coughing out, Chanyeol looks at him wide eyed and opens his mouth, “You’ve got to be kidding me, right? I mean, I don’t have something against gays but… Kris? Really?”

 

Chen raises his brow, “What? He’s hot.”

 

“Okay, wait.” Kris butts in, “First” He looks at Chen, “Thank you. And second,” He looks at Chanyeol. “What the f—heck are you talking about?”

 

“Well, it would be damn awkward if you start ing, right?” Chanyeol shudders at the thought.

 

“He does not mean it like that!”

 

“Of course he does, right?” Chanyeol looks at Chen in question and watches the guy grin, “Of course I do.” Chen winks at Kris and laughs at how the color drained from his face.

 

“You met barely 30 minutes ago.” Chanyeol scowls.

 

“Love doesn’t need to be determined by time.” Chen answers and continues eating before looking up again and giving Kris a smile, “I’m gonna make you fall for me. Be ready.”

 

Kris wishes he hadn’t ran into Chanyeol.

 

Physics came and Chen felt Drained with a capital D, and it was in no way ual. He looks at Chanyeol on his side as the latter beams at him, Chen scowling at the latter. The taller of the two got a perfect score on the “pre-test” they had and let’s just say that Chen didn’t do good and his score starts with a capital F.

 

“Why are you so smart in phyics?” Chen rubs his temples, seating down at one of the available chairs in the cafeteria with Chanyeol tagging along.

 

“Well, Science is simple.” Chanyeol’s mouth are pulled into a thin line as if he’s thinking of the words he’s about to say. “Science is all around us.”

 

Chen doesn’t even answer and instead opts for shaking his head. He looks at the book he was holding before his eyes widen. “Yah,” He starts, gaining Chanyeol’s attention. “Have you joined any organizations or clubs yet?”

 

Chanyeol shooks his head, “I was thinking of joining the science clu—“

 

“Yeah, no.” Chen drags him by the hand to god knows where, walking up the stairs with a grumbling Chanyeol and turning right only to stop in front of a door that looked too fancy for his liking.

 

“If this is one of those rich guys clubs, count me out.” Chanyeol murmurs, cringing at the door.

 

“, please” Chen rolls his eyes. “It’s the music club. And mind you, I chose that door.”

 

Chanyeol raises his brows at him, “There’s a music club in the music and arts section of the school?” Chanyeol looks at the door again, his eyes landing themselves on the top right of it, a sign that says ‘Music’. Too cheesy. Too chen.

 

Chen rolls his eyes, he doesn’t answer him and opens the door instead and Chanyeol is greeted with the fresh scent of newly made cake and tea—chamomile tea. “What the fu—“ he stops mid sentence when he hears someone humming.

 

Chen snickers at his reaction before opening his mouth to talk, “I’m here.”

 

“Take a seat, oppa.” Chanyeol’s movements seize to a stop when he hears that familiar voice. He whips his head towards Chen who was wiggling his brows and before he could escape or maybe dig a hole where he can hide in, a figure walks out from what looked to be like a kitchen (Was that even allowed? Chanyeol does not want to ask.) “Oh,” The figure smiles at him and it took Chanyeol’s breathe away. “We have a visitor.”

 

Chanyeol awkwardly nods his head and smiles at her. At Jieun. Damn it, why was she here where Chanyeol looks so stressed out.

“He’ll be joining the club.” Chen snickers when Chanyeol whips his head back at him as he places his bags and books at the couch (which Chanyeol notices and what the ) and takes a seat on one of the stools.

 

“Wha—n—“ Chanyeol stutters out only for his sentence to die down when Jieun smiles brightly at him.

 

“Really?” She asks, practically beaming. “That’s good! We don’t really have much members.” Chen snorts at this. “What do you mean we don’t?” Jieun pouts, and Chanyeol internally squeals, “We don’t, the other oppas and unnies don’t come as often. And I’m left dealing with you.” She emphasized the last word, which had Chen flipping a bird at her.

 

Chanyeol watches the interaction, amused. Jieun ushers him to sit down and wait as she prepares a cup of tea for him and a slice of cake. As soon as she enters the kitchen, which blocks them from her vision, Chanyeol pulls on Chen’s sleeves.

 

“what the actual ?” Chanyeol whispers, his brows furrowed. “You didn’t tell me she was here!”

 

“Well, yeah” Chen shrugs. “That’s the point.” If Chen had told him, he would have chickened out and Kris wouldn’t visit them. But he won’t tell that to Chanyeol. Heh.

 

Chanyeol sighs, exasperated. He observes the room, which he was unable to do so earlier and practically furrows his brows at everything. Were they allowed to have TV in the club? And what’s with the couch, anyway? Were all clubs like this?

 

“What makes music club so different anyway?” Chanyeol asks Chen still looking at the shelves of sweets and food that were on the corner of the room before looking at the latter.

 

“Well, simply put” Chen starts, taking a bite from his cheesecake. “We’re the people who are usually performing.”

 

“And how is that different from everybody else?” Chanyeol raises his brows. This was not making any sense. A freaking music club at the music and arts section of the school. This is basically like inception.

 

“We’re the performers. We’re expected to perform, anywhere and anytime. Pres was the one who thought of this club and suggested it to the principal. “ Jieun answers for chen, much to his dismay, as she places a cup of tea in front of Chanyeol and a good slice of Cheesecake. “Meaning, any school event, the principal will be selecting 5 out of the members in this club to perform.”

 

Chanyeol nods, the information processing in his mind. “So is there like a process of choosing the member?”

 

“hmm..” Jieun seats down on the sit in front of him, and Chanyeol fights of the grin that was forming, Chen just snorts. “well, if it’s a new students you’ve got to have a solid A on your audition. If you’re not, well.. just solid A in all of the music classes.”

 

“I see.” Chanyeol pales. What if he suddenly becomes tone deaf?!

 

“But no problem!” Jieun smiles at him, “You’re a great singer!”

 

Chanyeol refuses to look at Chen who was obviously snickering as he scratches his right cheek and mutters a thank you. He takes another bite from the Cheesecake and before he could ask Jieun who made it, the sound of the door opening caught his attention.

 

“Yah, Lee jieun” A familiar voice calls out from the door before revealing who it was.

 

Chanyeol thinks the odds are against him because standing at the door with his lips in a tight line and his eyes boring holes to chanyeol’s was everything Chanyeol wanted to avoid.

 

Byun Baekhyun.


Hi!!! Sorry, I haven't updated :( School was hectic and I'm having a bit of a trouble.. Really soorrrrryyyy :(

Take care, Stay safe and healthy!