Invaded

What is love?

Kris furrows his brows “Wait” he begins, “What do you mean by he’s here? Who’s here?”

 

Chanyeol’s fist shakes in anger, the least he wants to do now is say his name nor think about him. He looks at the paper he was holding, gritting out. “Baekhyun.”

 

Kris’ eyes widens, a gasp escaping his lips.

 

Silence envelops them for a minute or two as Kris lets the information sink in, Chanyeol trying to calm himself down, he doesn’t want to be suspended on the first day.

 

“where” Kris breaks the silence “did you see him?”

 

Chanyeol mentally grimaces at the thoughts that invaded him earlier. Breathtaking? Bull. The only breathtaking thing was how much he hated that smug face. “the library.”

 

Kris shakes his head, looking at Chanyeol and sighing. This was not good.

 

He knew what happened between them, how much Chanyeol was hurt, how many days—months even—Chanyeol kept to himself, seldom talking to everyone and often getting in fights.

 

“Chanyeol!” Kris yells, grabbing Chanyeol by the shoulder “What the hell?! Stop punching the guy, you’re gonna kill him!”

 

“I don’t ing care” He growls, placing another punch at the already unconscious man. “How did it feel, huh?!” he punches the man with every word he uttered before Joonmyeon and their other friend yixing had helped kris get Chanyeol off.

 

“God damn it, Chanyeol! It’s not worth it!” Kris growls, anger in his voice.

 

Kris shudders at the memory, the pain Chanyeol had suffered, it was too much for him—for everyone—to bare that he had to visit a shrink.

 

Truthfully, he didn’t even think Baekhyun could do such a thing to Chanyeol, he’d seen Baekhyun fall for the guy, the almost tragic sappy moments they share when they were still friends—as they so blatantly say—and how much Baekhyun cared for him.

 

Maybe people do change.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo nudges Baekhyun as the latter looks at the window with a blank expression, remembering the anger that flashed chanyeol’s eyes.. Baekhyun turns around whilst kyungsoo gives him a cup of tea.

 

“are you okay now?” Kyungsoo asks, wiping a lone tear that made its way pass Baekhyun’s cheek.

 

Baekhyun bites his lip, nodding before he takes a sip. He looks at the cup he’s holding before a slight smile graces his lips. “Thanks.”

 

Kyungsoo gives him a smile, “Anything for you, hyun. Besides,” he chuckles “I have this room and food all for myself, It would be rude not to offer you one.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles, “shut up, kyung. Nobody wants to join the council because you intimidate them that’s why teachers give you free things.”

 

“Shut up, .” Kyungsoo scowls.

 

Baekhyun laughs again, he looks at Kyungsoo gratefully before putting down his cup and embracing the latter. “It’s a big school, hyun” Kyungsoo says, patting his head. “I doubt he’d be in the same class as us.”

 

Baekhyun nods and hopes.

 

He’s not ready to see him now.

 

He’s not ready to see him ever.

 

 

 

Kris looks at the range of emotions passing through chanyeol’s eyes before he pats him by the shoulder. “Chanyeol,” He starts “The school’s big. Heck, we even have highschoolers here! I don’t think you’d see each other. Besides, he’s older than you.”

 

Chanyeol’s brows furrows. “Just” he grits out “Just the thought of him here… I..” he bites the inside of his lips almost too harshly, feeling the taste or iron in his mouth.

 

Kris pales before flicking chanyeol’s mouth. “Stop that! I told you the school is big, there’s a slight chance you’ll see each other nor hear from him! Maybe he doesn’t even have the same course as you.”

 

It takes a moment for Chanyeol to calm down, another teacher calling for their attention in the hallway. Kris had told the teacher that Chanyeol had trouble finding the hall when he bumped into them, the teacher nodded and went ahead reminding them to go right away.

 

After which, Chanyeol trudges to the hall, begrudgingly, with Kris accompanying him, although the latter told him to call him Mr. Wu to his dismay. They open the door and look for places to sit, ignoring—or trying to—the loud squeals of the girls.

 

“Oh my fu—who are they?!”

 

“Dear Christ, they’re so tall! They are perfect for my height!! And body!!!!”

 

“Isn’t that Mr. Wu?! Who is that guy with him?! Holy, I want to have threesomes with them!!!!”

 

“, hold my ovaries!!!”

 

“Are they together?! Oh my god, is this like a taboo relationship?!

 

Kris purses his lips, holding in his laugh as Chanyeol’s face contorted into a scandalized one, he was too used to this that he doesn’t even react anymore.

 

Ovaries?! ?! And most of all, a relationship with kris?! Chanyeol whips his hair to look at the girls and give them a piece of his mind, when his eyes lands on the figure at the open door.

 

 

Kris looks at him from his peripheral vision, noticing how chanyeol’s hands are shaking before he looks at where he is looking at.

 

Baekhyun.

 

Great. Just when he almost forgot about it.

 

They look at the way Baekhyun walks, his face stoic and rid of emotions, a complete opposite of the Baekhyun years ago, as students bow at their presence—Kris knows the reason—most of it, although some begrudgingly. Their—or kris, because Chanyeol is still glaring at Baekhyun, gripping his bag a little too tightly—attention goes to the one next to Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo, the student council president and actually everything for that matter.

 

None had lasted being in the council, as the rumor goes, because he intimidates his peers. Not that Kris would rebuke because quite truthfully, albeit the small stature and narrow shoulders, the glare in his eyes as some boys and girls try to talk them did looked scary.

 

He returns his attention to Chanyeol who is at the edge of his seat, putting a calming hand at his shoulder. “Chanyeol, it’s not worth it. You’re going to get expelled.”

 

“I know” He spits out, turning his head almost too quickly before he kicks the vacant seat in front, catching some of the students’ attention.

 

Kris sighs.

 

 

 

Baekhyun looks at the loud screeching sound, a fit for his small built, when he notices a familiar side profile.

 

Kris.

 

He watches kris as he pats… as he pats Chanyeol at the back before he turns to look ah the back, his gaze landing on Baekhyun. Baekhyun doesn’t remove his stare nor does he do anything as he watches a slight frown on Kris’ face, the disappoint in his eyes and the betrayal.

 

He feels a hand reaching up his quivering hand, mentally sighing in relief as he glances at Kyungsoo. “Thanks.”

 

Kyungsoo nods, staring at the person he recognizes as Mr. Wu kris from last Saturday when they had a meeting—in which Baekhyun, the vice president, was absent because… just because—the latter looking away in panic.

 

Pathetic.

 

He rolls his eyes before walking, along with Baekhyun, towards the front and listens to what bull the teachers are saying.

 

Same old, same old.

 

 

 

Kris heaves a heavy sigh, rubbing his forehead. “Jesus, I thought I was being telepathically cursed at.”

 

Chanyeol looks at him, momentarily forgetting his anger, his brows furrowed. “What?”

 

Kris swallows an imaginary lump before opening his mouth. “No, nothing.” He starts, “Just.. Just don’t mess with the student council president.”