Aching

What is love?

“You voice never ceases to calm me down.” Chanyeol says, his face buried on the crook of Baekhyun’s neck as the latter giggles.

 

“You flatterer.” Baekhyun kisses Chanyeol’s temple before the latter raises his head and looks at Baekhyun in the eye, bumping their foreheads together. “It’s the truth.” He places a soft kiss on the tip of Baekhyun’s nose as the latter flushes before he envelops Chanyeol in a hug.

 

Chanyeol smiles at the latter, placing his head on Baekhyun’s crown, slightly rocking his body from side to side. It was always peaceful when he’s with Baekhyun and nothing can change that.

 

“Thank you.” Baekhyun murmurs. Chanyeol always had a way to calm himself down.

 

“Always.”

 

Chanyeol looks at the form that was passed by Chen once more, not lifting his head to look anywhere because it would only spark a nasty feeling inside him and he doesn’t want anyone to see that.

 

Was he really going to sign up for a club that had him in it?

 

He sighs internally and then feels someone nudging him from the side. He looks to the right to find Chen raising his brows at him, “You okay?”

 

Chanyeol looks at him before solemnly nodding his head; he bites his lips in an attempt not to scowl as his eyes travel to look at Jieun who was talking to… to Baekhyun. He looks at the way Baekhyun looks at her, his eyes cold as the tone of his voice as opposed to Jieun who was talking to him politely.

 

Rude bastard.

 

When he notices them walking towards the table, his eyes briefly lands on Baekhyun, the latter looking at him before his eyes transfers to the person next to him, Chen. His lips forming into a slight smirk.

 

“Yah,” Baekhyun says, not sparing Chanyeol—who was giving him the stink eye—an ounce of attention. “Eat slowly, will you?” Baekhyun reaches out a hand towards chen, removing the bits of cake on the side of his lips before chuckling.

 

Chen rolls his eyes, “Oh please,” He starts, “Even if I have crumbs on my face I’m still fabulous.”

 

Baekhyun gives him a roll of the eye before he walks to Jieun and whispers something to her before proceeding to the couch at the back of the room, concealed from Chanyeol’s watchful eyes. Fortunately.

 

 

 

Baekhyun sits on the chair, his legs shaking along with his hands. He stifles the harsh sound of his breath before biting his lips and closing his eyes. He takes out his phone, hastily typing something and abruptly stopping before setting it down. Putting his hand on the left side of his chest, he grips the cloth covering it.

 

He can’t call Kyungsoo, he’s in a meeting now. A meeting where he was supposed to be at.

 

He hears Chanyeol’s laugh as Jieun tells him a joke, the former’s laugh echoing through out the four walls and he’s thoughts are back to those days again and it hurts, he takes out his earphones and turns up the volume, trying to block away everything and failing because Chanyeol was here. He was here and he wasn’t supposed to be here. He was supposed to be in med school, he was supposed to graduate from a topnotch school as a med student.

 

Chanyeol was definitely not supposed to be here, not in a school where it was anything but Chanyeol dreamed of becoming.

 

And definitely not what Chanyeol wanted him to be in.

 

He removes the earpiece, deeming it as useless before standing up, the scratching of the metal on the floor echoes behind him as he strides towards the other side of the room. He looks at the table that was full of treats and teas before his eyes briefly land on Chanyeol’s.

 

The latter was looking at him through his lashes before moving his eyes towards elsewhere, Jieun who was looking at Baekhyun, tilts her head. “Want to eat?”

 

Baekhyun gives her a smile, “No, Thank you, love.” Baekhyun walks towards the door, “I’m gonna go fetch kyung.”

 

Jieun scrunches her nose before rolling her eyes. “Sure you are.”

 

Baekhyun gives her a wink before opening the door, making sure to not look at Chanyeol as the latter does the same.

 

 

Chanyeol looks at the closed door before shifting his attention towards the two people talking in front of him, trying to comprehend their topic.

 

“Do you actually think they’re going out though?” Jieun wonders, biting her lips in the cutest way and tilting her head.

 

“Well, if kyungsoo and him aren’t dating, I don’t know what is anymore.” Chen shrugs, “They’ve been together—literally—since I’ve known them but I’m not quite sure of their status.”

 

“Well, they do look cute together though.” Jieun smiles.

 

Chen nods, taking a bite from a cookie.

 

Chanyeol looks at his plate before his thoughts takes over him. Byun Baekhyun hasn’t changed.

 

Relationship status? Bull.

 

Chanyeol walks down the hallways, his lip between his teeth and his eyes are tired from the constant battle with sleep and overthinking. He looks at the chocolate on his hand, the ones that Baekhyun could never refuse before smiling to himself.

 

Turning left, he hears chatters and as he nears, he hears one familiar voice and his lips twitch to a smile.

 

“Hey, are you really going out with Chanyeol?” One of the voice had said, confirming that Baekhyun was, in fact, one of them.

 

He doesn’t hear a response for a while, thinking Baekhyun was too embarrassed to answer—as he always was—but stops when he hears the latter responding.

 

“Who knows” His voice was cold that it sent shiver down Chanyeol’s spine and before he could think, he turns around, dropping the chocolate on his hand before running because he can’t breath and the only thing that could help was the one suffocating him.

 

Baekhyun turns the corner in hast, before leaning on the wall and crouching down. He knows they didn’t notice. Who would? He had mastered this technique since way back.

 

He brings himself up before biting his lips and slowly walking to god knows where before he spots someone at the other side of the hallway. Great. Just what he needed, a reality check.

 

“Baekhyun” The tone of the other’s voice was harsh and Baekhyun’s expression goes back to his cold one. Baekhyun doesn’t give him the benefit of being noticed and opted for passing by the latter when he is harshly pushed back and before he knows it, his back had hit the wall and he was slightly cringing at the pressure from his shoulders

 

“Who do you think you are huh?” The latter spats out and Baekhyun slowly opens his eyes. He looks at the person in front of him, his face bright red from anger and his fist trembling.

 

“Byun Baekhyun” Baekhyun smirks.

 

“You little—“

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” Baekhyun hears a familiar voice and steps coming near him from his side and he doesn’t want to look who it is.

 

“Park Jihoon.” The latter starts, “I don’t think you’re in the position to be making trouble.” Baekhyun could feel the latter look at him but he remains in his position as Jihoon lets go of the hold on his shoulder.

 

“Tsk” Jihoon walks away before bumping baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

Baekhyun looks at where jihoon had held him before fixing his uniform, trying to ignore the stare that he was receiving. He slowly looks at the latter and lands themselves on brown, doubtful eyes.

 

“Are you hurt?” The latter asks.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t answer for awhile before opening his mouth. “No.” He starts, “Sir Wu.”

 

He watches as Kris looks at his shoulders before looking back at Baekhyun before nodding. “Good.” Baekhyun nods at him before bowing, ready to go when kris holds him by the elbow, before the latter realizes what he had done and immediately lets him go.

 

“Sorry.” Kris says.

 

“It’s okay.”

 

Baekhyun looks at him again and Kris gives him a small smile. “You should go to the infirmary, just in case” Baekhyun doesn’t answer back and instead bows his head and walks away from Kris and his curious eyes.

 

The unspoken how are you and nice to see you are ignored.

 

 

Kris looks at his hand where he had gripped Baekhyun and sighs. He doesn’t hate the guy per se. Sure, he had made mistakes but they were friends and as much as he wanted to ask if he was fine, there was still a part of him that was angry.

 

Angry for making things awkward and angry for not explaining what had happened. And most of all, angry for leaving.

 

Kris shakes his head in frustration before he begins walking again.

 

 

Baekhyun crouches down in front of the door where the meeting was held, his hands were shaking and his heart was beating too loudly and he can’t shake away the feeling of unease when he knows he’s in the same vicinity as the guy he had intentionally hurt, the guy he had been trying to avoid, the guy who made Baekhyun breath.

 

He looks at the clock at the wall and mutters.

 

5 more minutes until he sees Kyungsoo.

 

He looks down at his trembling hands and his eyes casts itself on the watch on his left wrist and he covers it with his free hand. He looks at the dark clouds before he hears the thunder and his whole body shivers.

 

His shoulders were aching.

 


Hi!!! Sorry for not updating! Thesis is :(