snickering

What is love?

Chanyeol watches—from his peripheral vision, of course—as the girl Baekhyun had embarrassed continued to kick baekhyun’s chair, almost always kicking baekhyun’s back.

 

The students around them snickering at one particular kick—when the teacher had not been looking—where Baekhyun had been pushed to his desk making the latter gasp in pain. Not that he cared but why was everyone so hell bent on bullying this ?

Like he said, he doesn’t care, it was actually—in a way—convenient. At least he doesn’t have to dirty his hand.

 

Not that he had intentions to. But still, it isn't exactly fun watching 1 and 2 interact.

 

“Ugh,” Baekhyun cringes, trying to soothe the pain on his chest.

 

“Does it hurt, ?” The girl, whom Chanyeol had learned her name was, Minji, smirked, kicking Baekhyun’s chair yet again, causing Baekhyun to jerk forward.

 

“” Baekhyun grits out, “Your thighs sure are massive to be able to kick me, the chair and the desk.”

 

Minji flushed, her friends—or whatever you call them—snickering at Baekhyun’s remark despite their hate for the latter. “You ing who—“

 

Baekhyun stands up, the teacher and the students around him looking at the sudden sound, “Student council duties.” He mutters, trying to dust of the pain that was still on his chest, he could see Chanyeol looking at him, sparing the younger a glance, Chanyeol looks at him coldly before looking away.

 

The teacher nods, “I will be having an announcement next meeting, Mr. Baekhyun. I hope you are around.” He turns to his back, resuming to arranging the instruments in order.

 

Baekhyun nods, putting his things inside his bag where he can directly look at minji. Chanyeol looks at them, his brows furrowed as he sees Baekhyun smirking, putting his hand on top of her desk and looming over her as the latter fumes, he places a hand on her chin before tilting her head, “Shut your trap”

 

Chanyeol watches as the girl look at Baekhyun murderously, Baekhyun not noticing her expression as he continuous to walk out of the room.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun puts his hand on the clothe above his left chest, trying to calm his breathing and his quivering hand.

 

Did he do good? Was it obvious that he was scared of talking back? Scared of people looking at him?

 

He hopes not because that’s the only thing that’s keeping him together.

 

A wall.

 

 

 

Chanyeol was socially awkward.

 

Not in a way that he couldn’t talk to a stranger, he was awkward in a way that he splutters nonsense and stutters and comment on the weirdest .I it's actuallya good thing that his looks could literally make people drool because his social skills were ty.

 

So when he accidentally bumps into Jieun who was standing near the exit, he looked at her with wide eyes until the person behind them told him to move.

 

“Oh, uhm” Chanyeol stutters out. Well, . “uh, well, uh Sorry.” abort abort abort abort!!!!!

 

Jieun looks at him, amused before smiling “It’s okay.”

 

Chanyeol smiles back at her, his cheeks burning because Jieun must have thought he was weird, not that he wasn’t but god “Uhm, I’m Chanyeol, by the way.” He starts, stretching out his hand “Park Chanyeol.”

 

Jieun chuckles, gracing him a smile “Jieun. Lee Jieun.” She stretches out her hand and shakes him.

 

“Right.” Chanyeol bites his lip before nodding, lightly scratching his cheek.

 

“Well,” Jieun began, smiling “I’d loved to talk a little bit more but I have class, Chanyeol-sshi”

 

Chanyeol nods, “I see. Uhm, later then?”

 

Jieun nods, smiling before heading to the opposite direction Chanyeol is going. “later.”

 

 

Baekhyun turns the corner along with Kyungsoo and halts making the latter look at him. “What wrong?” Kyungsoo looks at where Baekhyun is looking and sighs.

 

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol as he shyly bids goodbye to jieun, noting Chanyeol scratching his cheek, a move that indicated that he was nervous. He looks at how Chanyeol smiles looking at Jieun’s fading figure, before he looks down.

 

Kyungsoo tugs on his hand, squeezing it a bit for reassurance. Baekhyun nods, lifting his eyes only for it to land on a pair of orbs that he had been missing.

 

“Disgusting.” Chanyeol says before walking away, missing the slight cringe on Baekhyun’s face and the strained expression he has as he puts his left hand on his chest.

 

Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed at the word, almost marching to the before Baekhyun stops him.

 

“It’s okay.” Baekhyun shakes his heads “I’m okay… I just… please.”

 

Kyungsoo’s fist shake before he takes the latter’s hands and laces it through his. “You’re an idiot.”

 

“I know.”

 

“You’re hurting yourself.”

 

“I know.”

 

Kyungsoo opts for squeezing Baekhyun’s hand a little too tightly before placing a kiss on his temple, “Come on” he starts, “We have to go to the principal’s office before we go to class.”

 

Baekhyun smiles at him, grateful. “Thank you, soo.”

 

“Anytime.”

 

 

 

Hours passed and it was already the 2nd to the last subject of the day and Chanyeol rejoices both at the subject and at the person who was seating near the window.

 

Chanyeol yet again glances at the figure near the window, a small smile spreading on his face as he looks at the figure giggle at what her friend had told her.

 

Jieun.

 

She was, in a word, beautiful. Raven hair, plump red lips and pale skin. Her cheeks were flushed and her eyes twinkled as she giggled at the joke her friend made. “Dude, take a picture. It lasts longer.” He hears someone from his side say, immediately looking away.

 

Chanyeol, with flushed face, looks at the person, biting his lips. “Was it that obvious?” He awkwardly laughs.

 

“Well,” The other starts, “You’ve been looking at her since you entered the class. I can’t believe I’m the only one who noticed.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles, not denying it. “Chanyeol, by the way.” He introduces, “Park Chanyeol.”

 

The other graces him with a smile, “Jongdae. Kim Jongdae. But you can call me Chen, everyone does” He smiles, “Nice to meet you, park.”

 

“You too.”

 

“I know.” Jongdae grins at him, Chanyeol laughing in return. Something tells him they were going to be close.

 

They talk a little bit more and Chanyeol learns that Jongdae was a Vocal major and that he was in fact older than he is, only stopping (with the promise of lunch and tour tomorrow) when they hear the teacher greets them, almost forgetting at how much of a creep he was for staring at Jieun. He glances at Jieun yet again as a smile forms, vanishing only when he sees a hateful figure sitting at the front.

 

“You’ve got to be ing with me.” He mutters, his knuckles turning white. Why was Byun ing Baekyun in this god damned class?! Wasn’t he ahead of him?! He looks at his side, noticing the person besides Baekhyun before snickering.

 

Do Kyungsoo.

 

New target? Hah, poor kid.

 

He doesn’t look away in time for Kyungsoo to look—glare—at him, anger swimming in his orbs as he looks at Chanyeol before turning back and only fuelling Chanyeol’s anger.

 

What the ?

 

He scowls at the figures before turning his attention to his forgotten teacher.

 

Screw Science, this was the subject he was best at.

 

There was no way he’d fail this.

 

“Baekhyun-sshi” The teacher, Ms. Lee, had called. “Chromosomes are located in the nucleus in where?”

 

Baekhyun snickers at the question, an exchange of something between the three of them, kyungsoo included. “Eukaryotes, ma’am” he emphasizes, earning a slight smile on the lady’s stoic face.

 

“I see that you’re in the right subject now.”

 

Chanyeol watches the exchange, the students near the three also snickering.

 

“This is his 2nd time taking it. Though, no one really knows the reason why…” Chen had whispered, “And that was the question asked the teacher on the first day.”

 

Chanyeol turns to him, raising his brows in disbelief and turns back to baekhyun. “you know him?”

 

“Yeah, vocal.” Chen nods, “Which by the way, I saw in your schedule, will be with us.”

 

Chanyeol whips his head to look at him, shock written on his face. And this was definitely not because Chen saw his schedule but because he was in Vocal with Baekhyun. Again.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” He mutters.

 

“I’m offended.” Chen puts his hand on his chest, closing his eyes. “You hate me that much?” he opens his eyes, tears pooling in them.

 

Chanyeol snickers at his antics, rolling his eyes “Not you.” He starts and then nods at baekhyun’s direction. “Him.”

 

A slight smirk forms on his face as he wipes his eyes before looking at the person Chanyeol was talking about. “Who, Baekhyun? Why?”

 

Chanyeol, not ready to open up about the topic, shrugs.

 

If chen notices this, he was doing a great job acting he didn’t “Well,” he says, “A lot of people hate him here.” Chanyeol looks at him “Although, I don’t really understand why.”

 

“hate him, you sa—“

 

“Mr. Park and Mr. Kim at the back.” Ms. Lee called.

 

.

 

Chanyeol inwardly curses.