Criticized

What is love?

Chanyeol and Kris looks at the stage, the former’s hands quivering tightly as he tries to control himself. The student council president or Do Kyungsoo is reading his opening speech—kris thinks he looks bored to death, was that allowed?—and the one next to him, the vice president, Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol looks at anything but Baekhyun the entirety of the day, a glare etched on his face as kris tries to sooth his anger. He hears a faint dismissal when he’s already standing up and walking—trudging—to where Baekhyun was headed.

 

“Chanyeol, st—“ Kris yells.

 

Chanyeol holds Baekhyun on the shoulder, forcefully turning him and the person attached to him, around.

 

“Why the are you here?!” He growls, the students who were there looking at them in curiosity but Chanyeol doesn’t care because, because he’s here and he’s so angry that he thanks god that they weren’t alone or he would’ve killed him, he tightens the grip on the latter’s shoulder eliciting a cringe from the latter.

 

Baekhyun looks at the hand on his shoulder before his eyes lands on Chanyeol, his shock face turning into a stoic one as he tries to free himself from Chanyeol’s grip. “the question is” Baekhyun snickers. “Why are you here?” Baekhyun lifts his brow at the latter, a smirk on his face. “Haven’t you had enough?”

 

And that was all it took for Chanyeol to lift his hand, ready to punch the guy when Kris grabs him by the arm.

 

“Chanyeol.” Kris growls, anger evident on his face as he looks at Chanyeol, Baekhyun and the students that have gathered around them. “go home!” he orders before he whips his head on Baekhyun. “And you too.”

 

Chanyeol doesn’t budge and neither does Baekhyun until he feels someone lace their hand on his. “hyun, let’s go?” Bakehyun looks at Kyungsoo, a gentle smile on his face before the latter looks at kris.

 

“Goodbye, sir.” He bows, guiding Baekhyun with him. He opens his mouth again, his eyes turning to slits “And please see to it that he gets the punishment he deserves. You clearly know what he was going to do.”

 

Baekhyun doesn’t look back but he could hear the feint curses that left Chanyeol’s mouth so he squeezes Kyungsoo’s hands a little tighter.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol sits down at the edge of his bed, his face tired and rid of emotion. He’s kind of thankful to the director what with letting the students go after the speeches—that literally almost took the whole day.

 

He looks back on the day, the anger he felt when he saw Baekhyun and the flashbacks of memories they shared together. He rubs at his forehead as he sighs in disgust.

 

“Yeol-ah” Baekhyun begins, a slight smile on his face as he slightly ruffles chanyeol’s hair.

 

“Hmm?” Chanyeol turns his head back.

 

“If…” Baekhyun begins, looking at the television nervously as he tries to act as normal as possible but bites his lips. “Nothing” He smiles. “I love you.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyebrows quirk in confusion but doesn’t argue, he envelops Baekhyun in a back hug, not noticing the strained expression Baekhyun was having. “I love you too.”

 

Chanyeol throws his phone across the room, watching it shattering to pieces, his face red from anger. “god, damn it!” he growls. “Byun Baekyun” He lets the name roll of his tongue as anger boils within him.

 

 

 

He collapses on the bed, covering his eyes with a hand before biting his lips and wishes that it was all just a dream as he drifts of to sleep.

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun, the latter looking out the window an unreadable expression on his face. “Baby” He says, gently holding baekhyun’s hand, lacing his fingers on the latter’s. “You okay?” Kyungsoo asks.

Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo, a slight smile forming on his face. “It’s better like this, right?”

Kyungsoo envelops Baekhyun in a tight hug, humming. “If that’s what you want.” He lets Baekhyun hug him tighter as he feels the older’s tears on his shoulder.  “But that’s not what you really want right?”

 "It's not but it's what i have to do"

 

 

Chanyeol tries not to let his delight show on is 3rd class for the day for not seeing Baekhyun or hearing that word for today. He looks at his class schedule—Music: Instruments101—before opening the door to the classroom, scanning the students and mentally nodding at the amount of instruments all over the room.

 

He trudges to the back of the class, not noticing the girls ogling at him before taking a seat down.

 

It was 10 minutes before their teacher enters the class, interrupting his happy thoughts. “I will be arranging you by your name order.” The teacher announces, the student groaning in annoyance.

 

“This isn’t high school.” A high pitched girl said, loudly.

 

“It isn’t, that’s why you don’t have to whine.” And it shut everybody up until the sound of the doors opening erupting the silence. Chanyeol’s voice hitch and he feels himself boiling all over again, he feels himself taken back to that time 3 years ago, anger enveloping him.

 

“Ah, Byun Baekhyun-sshi” the teacher says, “Late as ever.”

 

Chanyeol watches as Baekhyun slowly enters, a smile forming on his face, chuckling. “Gotta change that habit” Chanyeol watches him and prays that he has the wrong class, that it was a dream but he sees Baekhyun scanning the room, his eyes briefly stopping on his before looking at the teacher.

 

“And if I remember correctly, we have seating arrangements.” Baekhyun tilts his head, Chanyeol hears the girl beside him murmur “”.

 

“Yes,” Mr. Lau—their teacher—looks at the paper in his hand. “you’ll be seating between Miss. Ahra and Mr. Chanyeol for this semester.”

 

Chanyeol stills, his fist that were already shaking tighten and it took him everything he can before standing up, catching the attention of everyone. “Restroom.” He murmurs, his glare pointed at baekhyun who was blankly looking at him.

 

He doesn’t wait for the teacher’s response before he’s out of the room, heading to the restroom to wash his face. He looks at himself in the mirror, his flushed face and his bloodshot eyes and the anger evident on his facial features.

 

He punches the wall before going back to the room. “” He murmurs.

 

 

Baekhyun walks to where his arranged sit is, briefly looking at the seat next to his. Chanyeol. He seats down on his chair, remembering Chanyeol’s face earlier and the anger he felt when Chanyeol had uttered his name before.

 

He feels a paper being thrown at him and ignores it—he’s too used to this by now it doesn’t even work anymore. Baekhyun hears the girls murmuring before the sound of the door opening and interrupts his stupor.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t turn nor does he speak to Chanyeol who had slammed his fist rather loudly, hiding his shaking fist in response.

 

He mentally laughs at himself because this was what Baekhyun did to Chanyeol, this was the outcome of what he did and he couldn’t take it. How cowardly can he get?

 

“Teacher, why is a 2nd year in our class?” One of the girls had asked.

 

“Yeah, isn’t this kind of like unfair?” the girl’s friend had said.

 

Some of the students look at Baekhyun’s way, snickering.

 

Baekhyun feels Chanyeol looking at him but he doesn’t dare to look, he doesn’t dare see the satisfaction on chanyeol’s face as students bash him. He feels someone kicking the back of his seat before he turns around. “oops, sorry.” The girl, snorts rather unsightly.

 

“you should be because everyone can see your thighs, and it isn’t such a nice thing.” Baekhyun says in hushed voice, smiling at her as he looks at the flushed girl.

 

He looks at the front again, the students still looking at him, criticizing him with their gaze.

 

“Well,” Their teacher began. “If you didn’t already know, Mr. Baekhyun technically is a first year so I don’t see the problem.”

 

Murmurs start to erupt in class.

 

“Money sure can buy you anything huh”

 

“maybe he paid with his body.”

 

“”

 

Baekhyun ignores it.

 

 

Chanyeol looks at the girl who Baekhyun had embarrassed, before looking at the class as he hears the colorful words being passed through. He peaks at Baekhyun, his expression stoic he looks at the elder’s hand and sees a slight quiver. Although angry, he was curious. He was curious as to why everyone had been calling the latter names.

 

“Can you all please shut up so the teacher could start?” Chanyeol shifts his attention to another girl’s voice, his eyes widening at how beautiful she looked. Her wavy raven hair, pink lips and pale skin. Beautiful.

 

“Goodness,” The girl sighs in exasperation “All in college and you still act like kids.”

 

The students quiet down, and Mr. Lau nods in agreement. “Thank you for that Ms. Jieun.”

 

Chanyeol watches as this Jieun girl look at Baekhyun before winking and showing him a thumbs up. He hears Baekhyun chuckling before the girl—jieun’s eyes lands on his, smiling at him.

 

Chanyeol feels himself calming down despite being in the same room as Baekhyun and he smiles at her in response.

 

Jieun.

 

She was interesting.