Chapter 8

You Shake My Heart Up

 

Chapter 8


 

 

"I still need to rest so kindly get out of my room."

You slowly pulled away from the hug when Taehyung said that. You look at him with a confused face & he just looks back at you with a blank expression.

You know to yourself that you clearly told him you missed him but what's this? His response wasn't the one you were expecting to receive. You wanted to hear him say that he missed you too and squeeze you more into the hug. But again you asked yourself in your mind, what's this?!

 

"I guess this tantrum of his isn't that easy to handle." You told yourself in mind.


You sighed.  "You had enough rest so you're going to eat and I'll feed you, okay?" You insisted and walked to his side table to get the tray of food.

"Do I need to repeat to you that I'm not starving?" Taehyung crossed his arms as he look at your every move.

You lift the tray and started to walk back towards Taehyung and you took a seat beside him making him startled.

He raised his brow at you and it made you raise your brow too.

"What?" You asked him.


He just sighed.

"Even if you aren't hungry, I'm still going to feed you & you can't do anything about it especially now that I want to settle things with you & your tantrum."

"Tantrum?" He asked bewildered.

"Ne." You nodded and put your chopsticks with meat near his lips.

"Now say ahhh~" You sang with a smile.

Taehyung is still looking at you with a bemused expression.

 

"You think this is just a simple stupid tantrum?!" He wanted to yell this in your face but he held it all in.

 

He can't believe you really thought he was just having a tantrum towards you. It only proves that you really don't know how badly you hurt him.

He scoffed and pried your hand away.

"Yah! Stop being stubborn. You know I won't stop unless you eat this." You told him.

"Okay! Fine! I'll eat but I'll eat by myself. I don't need anyone to feed me." He told you with a hint of annoyance in his voice. 

"But I--"

"I'm not a baby anymore, Hana." He continued with his cold tone.

You suddenly blush when you heard that word from him again. It's the endearment you thought he was referring to you a while ago while he was dreaming. You look in the opposite direction and cursed mentally.

"Pabo!! This isn't the time to feel giddy!!" You scolded yourself in your head.

He notices your reaction.

"What's wrong?" He asked you. You quickly turned back to face him again and shook your head no.

"N-nothing! Now w-where were we? Ah! Yeah! W-whatever! I'll still feed you!" You nervously said with twitching eyes.

He noticed your sudden change and your pinkish cheeks.

"Are you blushing?" He asked you confused and you immediately look away. Taehyung on the other hand smacks his forehead for blurting out his thought.

"Yah! I'm not!" You bit your lip and mentally smacked your head.

"Y-yeah right. Now can you go out of my room." Taehyung told you direct to the point. He doesn't want to continue this awkward situation with you. He might lose his composure any minute now.

You were shocked by his words. You look at him again.

"Are you really s-shoving me away?" You weakly asked him. He didn't respond. He just looks into your eyes. He can see the pain in your eyes because of his coldness and that made him feel guilty.

 

His mind kept on telling him to answer you 'yes' and that he's shoving you away because you don't deserve to be his best friend anymore.. but his heart on the other hand kept on shouting at him that he should answer you 'no' and that he's only doing this because he was hurt and he felt betrayed by the one he trusts the most and the only person who's deserving to be his best friend and can mend this pain he's struggling is you.
 



Silence.



"Taehyung-ah.." You softly called him and that gain his attention.

He saw how you held your head hang low and how you fidget with your fingers.
He raised his brows watching you do small movements because of nervousness in front of him.

"What?" 

You sighed. "Listen... I know you're having a tantrum towards me and I'm sorry. Let's fix this & start again--" You stopped talking when y
ou heard him scoff like what you were saying is unbelievable for him to hear. He heard the word 'tantrum' again from you that's why he scoffed.

 

"T-taehyung.." You softly called him again but he didn't look at you.




He glanced at you with his cold dark eyes and it made you flinch.

 

"Hana, just go."

Taehyung move away from you and stood out from the bed. It's like what he said flicked a nerve in you that made you lose your temper.

You followed him and you made him face you.

 

"Yah! Stop pushing me away! Don't you know you're already hurting me?!" You yelled at him. You saw how his expression changed into a shocked one. Maybe because he's taken aback by your outburst.

"I-i'm sorry.. I got carried away." You whispered and bit your lip.


He ruffled his hair in annoyance. He really wanted to shove you away now so he wouldn't do anything that could hurt your feelings more but you're too stubborn. You just can't get Taehyung's intention. If you just go out, everything won't be this complicated and you wouldn't get hurt by his words.



"Please get out."

 

You were startled again because he didn't change his mind about getting rid of you in his room.

You can't convince yourself that your best friend is completely pushing you away now.

Your eyes are starting to tear up. He laid back down on his bed and stared at the ceiling while you were still standing near him. He didn't notice that you were about to tear up because of his actions and words.

You shook your head no even if he can't see it. You don't want to leave his room with this burden. You tried your best not to break down in front of him. You need to be strong. You need to apologize and make him listen to you. He'll be the first one to know your whole explanation if he would just let you and if he'll open his ears to you.



 

Silence again.

 


"Bring the food as you go." He broke the silence with his cold tone.

"Taehyu-"
"And kindly lock the door when you leave."
"No! Jin oppa told me to wake you up and feed you. I won't let our effort preparing your lunch be put to waste. And I want you to listen to me..." You weakly explained looking straight at him.

"I can wake up & eat whenever I want." He scoffed. "Tell your oppa that I don't need anyone to do that for me."

You were shocked by his words. You're doubting if you're really talking to your own best friend now.
And his following statement just pricks your heart.

"Besides, As far as I know, I didn't hire anyone to be my personal maid or to be my nanny." You saw how he shrugged when he said those words. 

You can't control your eyes anymore. Your tears started to roll down your cheeks.

 

 

You felt like someone just stomp at your heart.

You bit your lower lip while watching him ignore your presence and words. 
His simple yet so painful words that could stab your heart easily make you feel weak.
Now you're really sure that he's mad at you and he really changed.

With a heavy heart, you lift up the tray of food again and walk to the closed door.


You slowly open the door.

Your tears keep on falling down from your eyes.

 

You were about to step out when he suddenly spoke.

"You aren't the only one who's hurt here."

You glanced back at him. You saw him laying on his bed & he was looking straight at the wall.

 



"Tantrum? That's an understatement."



Taehyung shifted his position, his back is facing you now, and he covered himself with his blanket after he said that.