Chapter 7

Together

Warning: Mention of self-harm in this chapter.


I got up and did my normal morning routine.  I walked downstairs. "How was the meeting?" I asked my mom.

"Like all our 'important' meetings' , " my mom said using air quotes.  I laughed alittle.

"So.. basically it's worth alot of money and you can't screw up and they exaggerated everything else?" I said taking my plate of eggs with bacon.

"Bingo," my mom said.

***Art class***

"The 'Who You?' Project will be due in 3 days. You have today and tomorrow to work on it," Mrs. Choi announced.  Everyone scurried to find their partners. I walked over to Leo, bringing my song book.

"Did you come up with anything?" I asked. He shook his head. "We better figure out something,  we only have 3 days," I said.

 ***lunch***

"I can't wait to perform the dance Hyukkie and I choreographed," N said excitedly. "All we need to do is perfect it," N continued.

"Now all Hongbin has to do is put them in a collage thing," Ravi said nudging Hongbin.  Hongbin nudged him back, but harder.

"We need to do the lyrics and finish the music. We're almost done the music, just the lyrics," I said taking a drink of water. Under the table I held Leo's hand.  I looked at him and nodded meaning 'we should tell them.' "Guys, I wanna tell you something important, " I said breathing deeply. I pulled our intertwined hands up so the rest of the guys could see. They looked at us in shock.

"We're dating," I said bluntly.

"I can see that," N said mouth open in an O shape.

"Good for you hyung," Hyuk chimed in.

"Close yah mouths before people start staring," I said and they did so. I smiled and they smiled back in approval.

"How long have you two been an item?" Ravi asked.

"Ummmm... 2 week," I guessed shrugging. Ken kept nudging Leo with a devious look, but Leo hit Ken and he stopped.

***End of the day***

I was getting the books I needed for homework, when I saw a red envelope. I took it and put it in my backpack to open later.

 ***Haru's house***

"We'll be back, we're goin' grocery shopping, " my mom yelled from the bottom of the steps.

"Okay!" I said finishing up my homework. I heard the car and looked out my bedroom window and the car was gone. I got all books wnd went downstairs to put them in my backpack. I put them in and took out the mysterious envelope.  I examined the envelope to see if I could guess who it was from. The red envelope had my name in black pen written neatly. I couldn't recognize the hand writing so I started to open the envelope. I opened the envelope and took the note out. I opened it to see that it was a lpve letter. As I read the letter, I got all warm and fuzzy inside, talk about cliché.  It was Leo who wrote the letter. I plopped onto my couch,  hugging the letter. a melody popped into my head. I rushed to get a pencil and my music book. I sat at the living room piano.  I put the letter and my music book next to each other on the stand. I started to play chords and harmonies.  I occasionally stopped to write down what I had played. I started to sing what Leo had written.  I stopped only to write what I was singing.

 ***1hr later***

"Finally, I finished!" I said. I folded the letter and put it in my music book. I heard a car outside and looked to see if it as my parents,  which it was. I opened the door for them, their hands occupied with groceries.

"Sorry we took so long. We ran into a lady we work with and she wouldn't shut up," my mom said walking in.

"Oh... okay," i said taking a grocery bag from her.

"Thanks," my mom said.

***Tomorrow at school***

"Wanna come over to work on the project?" I asked Leo, he nodded. "Oh, the letter you wrote was really sweet," I said. Leo started to scratch the back of his neck. I threw my arms around hime and hugged him tightly. "I love you," I said.

"I love you too," he replied kissing the top of my head. We walked to the cafeteria. When we got there, everyone else but us were at our table. We walked over and sat down. i put my earbuds in, ignoring what was going on around me. I rolled up my sleeves because I was getting warm.

"What?" Hongbin said with a confused look on his face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Leo making an X with his arms, signaling not to say anything, but it was too late.

I got up and said, " I'd rather not." I left and saw Leo with and annoyed look on his face. I pulled down my sleeves so no one else would see the scars.

(Leo's POV)

"What part of this do you not get?!" I said making an X with my arms.

"They're cut marks..... but why?" Ken asked. I took a deep breath and told them to brace themselves. I explained what happened.

"So yea...." I finished,  I sighed.

"I'm sorry hyung," Hongbin said.

"It's not me who you should be apologizing to," I said getting up and leaving.

***end of the day***

(Haru's POV)

I was on my was to my locker when I saw Hongbin jogging toward me. When he reached me, he was out of breath.

"Give me a sec," Hongbin said resting. "Leo told me what happened and I wanted to apologize, " Hongbin said looking at the floor.

"It's fine Hongbin," I said smiling at him. He smiled back.

"Look, I gotta go. Again, it's fine," I said leaving. I got the rest of the things I needed and went over to Leo's locker. He just closed his locker.

"Let's go," I said grabbing his hand. "You know.... your a man of few words..." I said looking at him. He bobbed his head agreeing.

***Haru's house***

"I'm home!" I yelled as I walked in, Leo following. I took off my shoes and put my stuff down. Leo did the same and we sat on the couch next to Grace. I looked out the window and saw only 1 car was in the driveway. Guess they're not home. I went into the kitchen because my parents normally leave a note. Leo sat in the living room petting Grace. I found the note on the refrigerator. 'Haru, had to run some errands, be back soon! Love you, Mom and Dad' I walked into the living room were Leo was on his hands and knees, playing with Grace. "Awwwwwww," I said. I got my music book and sat at  the piano.  He got up and sat down next to me. I opened up the book to what I finished yesterday. "Here," I said giving him the vocal sheet music. "Ready?" I asked. He nodded and I started to play.