Chapter 5

Together

I walked into art class and saw on the board 'work on your project with your partner'. I walked over and sat next to Leo.

"So, did you come uo with any lyrics or anything? " I asked getting out my music book. He shook his head.

"It's fine, " I said flipping through my book to see if there were any good ideas. I slammed my book close, only meaning to close it. Leo flinched.

"Sorry, " I said. "Well.. we could work on it at my house again,  tomorrow though, because I'm busy today, " I said. Leo looked at me and nodded 'yes', he slightly smiled.

***Haru's house later that day***

"Hey dad," I said hugging him.

"Hey sweetie, " he replied.  My mom walked in with a sad look on her face.

"Our boss said we need to go to a very very very important meeting..... it's in the U.K. We both must go. It's only for 2 days though, " my mom explained. "What are we gonna do about Haru? " my mom asked concerned.

"Well, she's old enough and mature enough to stay home. It's only for 2 days. It would be pointless to take her, " my dad said looking at my mom and then me.

"But.. but.. she's my baby!" My mom whined.

"Mom... I'll be fine. I know what to do if something goes wrong," I said hugging her. It took a minute, but she gave in.

"We'll have to leave tomorrow morning, " my mom told my dad.

"Okay, and oh.... is it okay if Leo comes over to work on the project? " I asked. They looked at each other and nodded 'yes'.

"You better not do anything your not supposed to," my dad said sternly.

I nodded and replied,"of course,  I know not to do anything I'm not supposed to."

***Morning***

I woke up and went downstairs to say goodbye to my parents.

"There's a list of emergency phone numbers and a list of things you need to do while we're gone," my mom said pointing to the counter. "There's money for dinner and groceries next to the lists. Bye! Love you!  I'll miss you! " my mom said as she hugged me, her suitcase next to her.

"Bye!" I said hugging them both. They walked out the door and got in the car and drove off. I closed the door and got ready for school. I was used to my parents randomly having to go to meetings in other countries, except my sister would always be there to take care of me.... my sister... I looked at the family picture that wss on the fireplace. This was the first time my parents were away and Alice wasn't here. I held back my tears and went to brush my teeth. I started walking to school.

 **School; Lunch time***

I sat down where I normally sit with the boys.

"How's your project going?" N asked.

"OTTOKAJI, "Ken said as he started to laugh.

"Good, i still have to make a graffiti version of Ken's drawing, " Ravi said.

"Our dance is coming along well, " Hyuk said. I looked at Leo and laughed.

"We decided were gonna write and perform a song, but we still need to write the song," I said.

"Ohhhh, Leo's an amazing singer! " N exclaimed trying to hug Leo, but Leo pushed him away.

"Wait, you've heard him sing before? Whaaaa? I said confused for some reason.

"Ottokaji," I said. Ken started to laugh. "Ken has rubbed off on me." I said putting my hand on my forehead while Ken hugged me.

"You're welcome, " he said letting go. I felt a hand being intertwined with mine. I looked over and saw it was Leo. I lightly blushed. Does this mean? I thought trying to send a telepathic message to him.  He squeezed my hand lightly, meaning 'yes'. I let go and went to throw out my trash. I grabbed my things and headed off to my next class. I felt a presence following me. I turned around and saw Leo. I smiled and continued to walk.

"So are you coming over to work on the project? " I asked.

"Actually, I wanted to bring you somewhere after school, " Leo said holding my hand. I smirked trying to send him Is this a date? Telepathically.  He nodded and I said, "okay, I'll meet you at your locker after school. " We let go of each others hands when we entered the classroom.

 ***End of the day***

I got everything I needed and went over to Leo's locker. He was putting his books in his backpack.

"Ready?" Leo asked.  I nodded and took his hand. We left school and started walking into town.

 ***Downtown***

We were walking and Leo suddenly stopped. Then pulled me back, causing me to fall. Leo caught me and I felt the warmth of his board chest. I stood up.

"What was that for? " I asked.

"Where we're going is a surprise and we're close," he said softly. "Close your eyes," he said. Leo held my hand and guided me to the mystery place. We walked in. "Open your eyes," leo whispered.  I opened them and we were in a beautifully decorated café.

"This is my favorite place to go, " Leo told me. "What would you like? " he asked.  I stood in awe, then got back to reality.

"Ummmm.... coffee is fine thanks, " I said. He nodded and got in line while I sat down. About 5 minutes later,  Leo came back with 2 coffees and sat down across from me.  I sipped my coffee. It was really good.

"Mmmmmm.. it's really good, " I told Leo.  He nodded in agreement and took another sip of his. We didn't really talk much, we just enjoyed the coffee and each other's presence.  When we were done, we got up and walked to my house.

***Haru's house***

I opened the door and saw Grace sleeping on the couch.  Leo walked in and closed the door.

"My parents are at an important meeting so they're not here, " I said taking off my shoes. Leo did the same. I put my stuff down and got out my music book. He was looking at the family pictures we had along the fireplace.

"Come on, " I said pulling him to my room. I sat at the piano and played random chords. Leo plopped onto my bed.

"Have any ideas? " I asked. Leo shook his head. I rolled up my jacket sleeves forgetting about the cut marks. He stared at me with a concerned look. I quickly pulled my sleeves down. I sighed and sat down next to Leo and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, " I said. I took a deep breath,  ready to tell him what happened.