Chapter 4

Together

***end of the day***

I was getting the books I need for homework. I felt a presence of someone behind me. I turned around and saw Leo. It wasn't a surprise that it was Leo, but he was looking at me directly in my eyes. My heart skipped a beat and I started to smile.

"Ready to go? " I asked. He nodded and we walked to my mom's car and got in.

"Hey Har-hello," my mom stopped when she saw Leo.

"Oh, right. Mom, this is Leo. He's my partner for an art project. I figured you would be fine with him coming over because it's for a school project," I said quickly to avoid making everything more awkward than it already was.

"Hello Leo, " my mom said.

"Hi," he said quietly. The car ride was quiet and made everything more awkward. When we got to my house, we walked inside and my dad greeted us at the door. I introduced Leo the same way I did with my mom. We took off our shoes and put our stuff down. I grabbed my music book. Maybe this will help. My mom walked over and whispered to my dad.

"He's very handsome, " my mother whispered to my dad.

"Yes, well built too, strong" my dad whispered back. I covered my face with my hand.

"Let's go upstairs to my room," I said running up the stairs, Leo following. I plopped on my bed. "Sorry about my embarrassing parents. Could you close the door, " I said still embarrassed. Leo walked in and closed the door. He sat on the edge of my bed.

"I'll be right back, " I said. I went downstairs and started to look around.

"Found you, " I said as I picked up my kitten, Grace. I walked upstairs with her.

"I'm back. Sorry, it was probably awkward for you, " I said scratching behind Grace's ears. She started to purr.

"Can I hold her?" Leo asked with a smirk. I nodded and gave her to Leo. She made herself comfortable on his lap and started to dose off. Leo started to her lightly, making sure not to wake her up. I sat down at my electronic piano I had in my room. I started to play random chords, making it up as I go. I looked up to see Leo wide eyed.

"What?" I asked

"It's just your playing.... it reminded me of this other playing I heard. Everyday after school, I listened to this beautiful piano playing, similar to yours. I listen everday. Each day told a different story...." Leo started to trail off, but he still continued to speak, "I've been meaning to find out who was playing such angelic music," he said. I started to blush.

"Well.... I know who it was," I said smirking.

"Who?" Leo asked.

"Do you really want to know?" I asked. He nodded quickly. I got up and sat next to Leo. I hugged him.

"Thank you," I whispered in his ear. I let go and gave him a smile. I noticed he was blushing slightly.

"Does that mean.." Leo said. I nodded. He continued, "your the one playing the piano after school? " I nodded again.

"We could write a song and preform it, " I suggested.  Leo nodded. "Cool," I said, I looked over at my clock.

'4:15PM'

"It's getting late, your mom might be worried," I said pointing to my clock.

"Yeah, I better go," Leo said. He picked up Grace and put her on my bed. We walked downstairs. He put on his shoes and got his backpack.

"Oh, Leo,  are you leaving? Do you need a ride? " my mom asked.

"No, thank you though and thanks for having me," Leo said walking toward the door. I opened the door for him. He came closer to me and kissed my forehead. I put my hand on my cheek. I was blushing once again.

"See ya tomorrow, " I said still baffled.

"Bye," he replied.  Leo started to walk home. He waved bye and I waved back. I closed my front door. I felt all warm and fuzzy and had a sweet feelong inside. Am I in love?.

"I think i am...and something tells me that Leo is too," I said to myself. I walked into the kitchen and saw my parents grinning really big at me.

"So... Leo huh?" My mom asked.

"Shush." I said.