Chapter 7

Two Timing

Mostly Minwoo (and Dongwan). Sowwie.


Chapter 7

Dongwan chuckled when he looked at Goguma. It happened for no reason, but he just saw Minwoo petting him and smiling at him and telling what a beautiful dog he was. Goguma was beautiful, very beautiful, just not as beautiful as…

“Minwoo?” Eric said to the phone, waking Dongwan from his thoughts. “Sure. Sure we can meet there…oh, you want us to rent a hotel room? For what?” The CEO was wiggling his eyebrows while tying the cravat in front of the mirror, until he realised it did not work with one hand. “God. That is what we will do tonight, huh?”

Dongwan felt his chest clenching for no reason, as he just cleared his throat, and frowned, lifting his hand onto the right and rubbed it. Weird. He had been feeling weird since the older guy had visited them. Maybe Minwoo’s flatmate had caught a cold and he now had it instead of the other short guy. He had even felt strange while sleeping. And it wasn’t the dream he had seen about…well.

Eric laughed that y laughter of his when he slipped the phone back into his suit pocket and straightened the tie with a smirk on his face. Dongwan stood up from the floor, putting Goguma and Gomdori down, as he advanced the guy and grinned. Eric snorted and tapped the shoulder as he said, “Hey, could you do me a favour?”

“Sure.” The younger one nodded.

“I need to buy something for Minwoo ya, but I don’t have any ideas. Could you do it for me?” The CEO pouted cutely.

Dongwan heaved a sigh as if that was troublesome, but then flashed an adorable smile and nodded, promising that he’d buy something extremely pretty to Lee Minwoo. Eric thanked him with a quick hug and ran out of the apartment, while the shorter man stared at himself through the mirror and noticed the flushed cheeks. Yes, he was extremely sick.

                ***

“Andy. Yah, Andy.” Minwoo tapped the counter so Andy would notice him. “Yah! Andy!”

The barista, who had been biting his thumbnail and staring at the window intensely, rapidly lifted his head and leered at the long customer line, perceiving that he had totally forgotten he was supposed to work now. He stepped to the coffee machine and began to prepare coffee when Minwoo cleared his throat and said laughingly, “You don’t even know what I am ordering.”

Andy cackled awkwardly, slapping his own forehead too hard, as he cheeks flushed stepped in front of the counter. He quietly asked what the older guy would desire this time, and the hyung just ordered the first thing he saw on the menu. The barista bowed and proceeded to the machine. , he felt so clumsy all of a sudden. He forgot which side had the cups and which side had the lids as he kept doing stupid movements here and there.

“Are you ok?” Minwoo questioned when he finally received the full cup. “You seem a bit—“

“Clumsy, nervous?” Andy cut quickly. “Do I!?”

The hyung nodded and sipped the full cup, ignoring the people behind him. Andy heaved a long sigh and slammed his head to the counter, loud thud echoing around the coffee house. How could he possibly tell the guy he knew that he had suddenly developed some sort of feelings towards his best friend? There was no way, because it was embarrassing.

“Did Junjin do something?” Minwoo abruptly interrogated.

Andy almost choked to his spit.

“He did, didn’t he!?” The short man yelled.

The barista swallowed the bitter lump in his throat and shrugged. But it was a lame kind of act since Minwoo realised immediately what that meant and gasped out loud, putting down the cup. The customers queuing behind him growled. Andy blushed as red as a strawberry and whispered, “We kissed…”

A creepy smile built onto the hyung’s face as he slammed his hand painfully to Andy’s upper arm and congratulated him. The younger lad found that shocking, but just bit his lip, thinking about the scene that had happened.

“I’d love to talk about it, but Andy…” Minwoo crooned. “I really need the other cup of coffee.”

                ***

Dongwan plodded on the street, hands in his jacket pockets, when he encountered a person. His chest clenched instantly as he flashed a welcoming smile and mouthed a greeting to the guy. Minwoo stopped walking when they were near and then looked at him, holding the two cups of coffee in the hands. After the greetings they had nothing to say.

“So…” Dongwan said in a while. “What are you doing in here?” He asked.

“I picked up some coffee for me and my friend. We’re having morning coffees at the park before he goes to work.” The older one responded. “And you? I see you’re not holding your suitcase with you. Not work today?”

Dongwan nodded. “I’m just doing some shopping.” He explained and pointed at the small boutique behind the older guy.

Then it got silent again. Dongwan’s gaze lowered onto the coffee cups that had names on them. He scowled, the other name sounding familiar like he had heard it couple days ago or something. But his brain was too immersed by the fact that there was a guy he disliked in front of him and he just couldn’t say a word. He could not even badmouth him or insult him, as he was just astonished by the thick lips and the small eyes. The chest clenched again, the heart thudding faster.

“Yeah…umm…I really gotta go, Wannie…so…bye.” Minwoo smiled – his eyes becoming smaller – and walked off, leering at the street lights.

Wannie, Dongwan thought.

                ***

Hyesung was already in the park when Minwoo sprang towards him. He was surprisingly quiet as he slumped down to the bench and passed the taller guy his cup. Hyesung did not ask why his cup was so full with black coffee, but just sipped it calmly.

“I am going to do it with Eric tonight.” Minwoo spilled out.

Hyesung choked to the coffee and commenced coughing and hit his chest. He turned his head at the older man and noticed he was not playing any games. Well, Minwoo never was.

“But I need to tell you something, Sungie…” The short man said, the gaze suddenly vague and terrified. “I…I don’t know but…something inside me tells me that something is wrong….with me. Not the situation, don’t worry. I am not lying to you anymore.” He explained.

“Oh?” Hyesung blinked his eyes. Minwoo sipped his cup and exhaled. “What’s wrong?” the younger lad interrogated.

The look on the older face hurt and bewildered Hyesung, as he furrowed his eyebrows and took Minwoo’s hand into his and squeezed it. Hoping his best friend would tell something, Hyesung flashed a reassuring smile and nodded. But the older guy just grinned, whispered his gratitude and continued drinking the warm liquid, regretting that he did not tell how confused he was right now.

Somewhere behind a tree, a hand rose onto a mouth and muffled the gasp that exited the lips.

                ***

“I want to give you something.” Eric said proudly. Minwoo sat down next to him and took the small packet from the pretty hand. “I…I wanted to buy you something nice.” He helped the younger man to unwrap the small box – as he was intrigued what his best friend had gotten.

Minwoo revealed the handmade bracelet from the box and exhaled, taking the jewel carefully out from the stunning box. He asked Eric to tie it around his wrist so he could see how it looked like with the shirt he was wearing. It was perfect; excellent; astonishing. And then the shorter guy glanced at the CEO’s wrist and blinked his eyes bemused.

“But if it is a couple bracelet, where is yours?” He questioned.

“Ah!” The older one slapped his forehead. “I really need to ask Dongwan!”

Minwoo startled. “What? Dongwan?”

“Well…I sort of…asked Dongwan to buy you a gift because I was busy at work.” Eric explained somewhat ashamed. “And he had already wrapped it so I could not see what he had bought.”

The short man was abruptly breathing heavier as if he was about to get some sort of an attack. He wanted to rip off the bracelet, but it looked so damn beautiful and snug on his wrist that he just couldn’t. Instead he just threw himself at Eric and started kissing him hungrily. His heart was beating loudly and fast, but he neglected it, as he straddled the man and began to untie the cravat. But as soon as he was pushed down to his back, he opened his eyes and pushed the CEO off him.

“I’m sorry Eric…I…I can’t.” Eric scowled and watched how Minwoo sprang out of the hotel room.

                ***

Hyesung was smoking at the mutual yard, when Minwoo appeared. Not a single word spoken, the younger man fished out his carton and passed it to the older man, throwing the lighter right after it. The short man inhaled the smoke deeply and exhaled, sensing himself relaxing immediately. Hyesung decided not to ask a single question about the night since he could see it had been catastrophic.

“Let’s get back in. It’ll get colder.” The tall man spoke and laced his arm around Minwoo’s shoulders, as they faced the front door and startled.

“Dongwan.” Minwoo gasped. “How did you---“

The younger man snorted and then looked around as he stepped closer and halted when he was in a comfortable distance from the two guys. Hyesung was gulping, face paler than normally. The creepy snicker on Dongwan’s face suddenly disappeared.

“What…what is this?” He asked silently.