Chapter 6

Two Timing

Chapter 6

Junjin entered his hyung’s apartment, a huge smile on his face and cup of coffee in his hand, as he saw Minwoo playing his brand new game – one of the things he had bought with the money the generous customer had given to him. The younger man slumped down to the sofa and stared at the flickering screen, and saw from the corner of his eye how Hyesung appeared to the room.

“Oh god I am late!” he screamed while fighting with the shoelaces. “At times like this I hoped I had those stickers instead of laces!!” he babbled, putting his jacket on inside out. “AISH!” he scoffed.

“Andy doesn’t like shoelaces,” Junjin explained as if the two hyung’s wanted to hear the trivia about the barista. “He says they are annoying.”

Hyesung agreed, as he had now lost his bag and the most practical thing; his phone. He ran around, until Minwoo lifted the bag from the seat between him and Junjin and threw it at the pretty guy, who scurried to the door, bade farewell and closed the door behind him. Minwoo had already been losing in the game as he paused it and turned to look at the younger man.

“What?” Junjin asked.

“Nothing,” Minwoo shrugged. “I am just amazed how you can look at Andy and not feel any sparkles and twirls.” He commented nonchalantly. “He is pretty nice, friendly and he treats you well. You always tell us how you’re looking for someone who would not cheat on you, and who would love you as you are.” He explained. “And I think the scribble and the heart on you cardboard cup tells everything, don’t you think?” Junjin scowled and glanced at the cup. “Jinnie…someone has to make the first move.”

                ***

Hyesung had run all the way to the company. He was panting in the elevator, holding his ribcage and leaning to the wall, hoping that the CEO would not see his sweaty and pink face. But he had no luck, as the doors opened and the tall handsome man shook hands with someone, and then noticed the dying secretary. Hyesung cussed in his head, before he flashed a smile and stepped out from the elevator, and fell onto his face right in front of the CEO and the guest.

“Pil Kyo-sshi, are you okay!?” Eric gasped terrified as he crouched down together with the guest to lift him up.

“I’m okay.” Hyesung mumbled embarrassed, as he turned to look at his foot that had suddenly turned numb. That’s why he hated exercising. “Just…a cramp.” He whispered.

The CEO pulled the guy up and supported him with his body, as the guest was helping them towards the secretary’s desk. Hyesung sat down and heaved a long sigh. Eric was staring at him, all the words the guest was speaking went through his ear, as he just waved his hand absentmindedly and said bye. The guest scoffed, and walked off, stepped into the elevator and disappeared together with the bleep sound. As soon as he was gone, Eric cupped the secretary’s face and kissed him.

Hyesung was wide-eyed, but soon gave in and answered the hungry lips.

“I really loved to see you behind my door yesterday…” The CEO murmured, fingers the neck. “That just made my evening much nicer.” He smiled.

Hyesung’s cheeks were pink, and he had kept his eyes closed for minutes already, as he now opened them and looked into the dark brown eyes. The tall man pecked the lips again and stood up onto his feet, grabbed a file from the desk and walked towards his office, Hyesung’s eyes drilling to the back.

                ***

“Oh…you…” Dongwan wrinkled his nose when he had opened the apartment door, and the other as short and as old guy stood right in front of him. “Eric’s not here.” The younger man mumbled.

Minwoo straightened the strap on the shoulder and glared at the other guy, wanting to punch that annoying face and kick that obnoxiously muscular (don’t ask how he knows) stomach. But instead Minwoo just tilted his head to the side and looked at the guy while smiling. The two dogs, Gomdori and Goguma, were curiously popping their heads out but once again Dongwan blocked the way with his foot.

“He said I can wait here till he comes.” Minwoo responded.

“Did he?”

“Yes.”

“Why didn’t he tell me?” Dongwan asked.

“Because you’re provoking.” Minwoo answered.

“What?”

“You can’t make this stuff up…thank you.” The older man barged into the apartment and kicked his shoes off as he entered the living room and slumped down to the couch. “Nice apartment.” He complemented when Dongwan plodded to the room.

The co-owner of the apartment scoffed and lifted his dog up, holding him like a small baby. Minwoo ogled at Dongwan and the cute dog, when he received a message. It was from Eric, and he was stuck in a meeting for another hour so he would be alone with Dongwan for a while. Great, the short man pondered, leering at the watch on his wrist.

When Dongwan put the dog down, it sprang towards Minwoo and jumped onto his lap and started him.

“Wow!” Dongwan said. “He really likes you!!” he grinned.

“You think?” Minwoo had closed his other eye as the dog was his cheek and neck. “He really does.”

The younger man sat down next to the other man and started petting Goguma, helping Minwoo to calm him down. Eventually Goguma fell asleep onto the lap and neither Eric’s date or Dongwan wanted to move so the dog wouldn’t wake up.

“He is very adorable.” Minwoo whispered, while the fur.

“I know.” Dongwan spoke proudly.

Older man shifted his head at the best friend, and then smiled. The co-owner of the apartment stopped petting and started staring at the warm eyes, when they startled and turned to the dog. Their hands were caressing one another and quickly, like it was a competition, they pulled their hands off and withdrew from one another, Goguma waking up.

                ***

“Andy…”

The barista lifted his head from the coffee maker and blinked his eyes. “Yes, Jinnie?”

“Can I…try something?” Junjin questioned, tapping the wooden board of the counter. “Just…really quick ok?”

Andy blinked his eyes even faster, as he turned fully around and goggled at the tall man. Junjin was biting his lip, and he kept tapping the fingers on the wooden surface faster than before, as Andy crossed his arms onto his chest and nodded. Swiftly, two hands cupped his jaw, pulled him closer and covered his lips with something warm and soft. Lips…they were lips. Andy stood frozen, eyes wide open and mouth parted, when Junjin let him go.

“Jinnie…what, what, what!?” The barista babbled.

“I just…tried…I...Maybe I didn’t do it correctly?” Junjin spoke out loud, as he leaned in again and butted his lips bluntly onto the other pair.

Something annoying tingled in his chest, but he ignored it, giving the lips a chance as they began to move; not fast, not slow. Andy had closed his eyes this time, the palms on his jaw, burning and feeling weird, and his arms were around the neck. He was answering the kiss. Why was he answering the kiss!? Can someone please tell him why he was answering the kiss? Why was he kissing his best friend back!?

“Andy?” The lips stopped moving.

“Jinnie?” the hearts stopped beating fast.

The tall guy pried the barista off him and leaned back, no longer lying on the counter, as he tossed his body around and noticed Hyesung and some guy staring at them surprised. Andy immediately commenced preparing coffee, not even looking at Junjin anymore.

“Are you two together!?” Hyesung screamed happily.

“No, I just…I…We…I…” Junjin stuttered.

“We just tried something.” Andy helped, cheeks dark red. “Nothing big.”

Hyesung was bemused, but turned to the tall man, as he pecked the lips and said he could order anything he wanted for him. Junjin chuckled awkwardly at Eric, who was the man by the way, walked off and exited the cafeteria quietly. Andy heaved a sigh and let the pink shade tint on his cheeks.

“If that meant nothing, why are you blushing?” The tall man interrogated.

“It’s just hot in here.” Andy whispered.

“Oh…” Eric knew that was a lie.

“By the way, are you dating Hyesung hyung?” The barista asked, to which Eric nodded. “But I thought you were dating Minwoo hyung as well?”

The CEO frowned.

“Hyung? And…how do you know about Minwoo? You haven’t even seen him.” He laughed.

Andy glanced at the pretty man at the table and then cleared his throat and shook his head, “I must’ve heard it from Dongwan.” Eric furrowed his eyebrows even more, and procrastinated with the money, as he tried to process everything in his head. But Andy had luck, as the man just shrugged it off and paid the cups of coffees and returned to Hyesung.

If they hadn’t come, would Junjin still be here? The barista thought.

                ***

The door of the apartment gaped, and Minwoo jumped up hurrying to the foyer to see the man. Dongwan followed him and thanked the lord that the awkward silence (after the accidental touching) would end now, as the CEO entered the house and smiled.

Minwoo jumped onto his neck and hugged him tight, as if he had not seen him in years. Eric hugged him back and looked at Dongwan who shrugged and cleared his throat, gaze accidentally lowering and stopping onto the date’s . He instantly turned his head away, but the picture of the just saved into his mind and didn’t disappear. Dammit.

“Wow, did you two fight or something?” Eric chuckled.

“No. We…we decided not to fight anymore.” Dongwan responded, glimpsing at Minwoo. “And so far it’s worked.” He told.

“Yeah. We did not fight.” The older guy nodded at Eric and kissed him.

The was again stared at by Dongwan as he mumbled, “No wonder Eric likes him…”