Chapter 1

Two Timing

Two Timing

Chapter 1

Hyesung sat in the waiting room and fiddled his phone. He was texting with his best friend Minwoo who had been dumped, and made faces while writing a very angry message. He had been sitting in the room for couple of hours now, expecting his name to be called in any second now. But no. Dozens of people walked in and out of the company and no yells for Jung Pil Kyo.

Don’t let the name fool you. That is Hyesung’s work name.

“Jung Pil Kyo!” Finally!!! Hyesung thought, as he pushed his phone back into the bag and lifted the strap onto his shoulder, slogging the bag around unnoticeably.

“Ouch!!”

Hyesung did not focus on the person, as he was welcomed to the room with several people sitting in it. Only thing he did was a small hand gesture to which the man shouted something very rude and made the anger bubble inside the pretty guy. But Hyesung had no time to be angry as he quickly sat down to the chair in the middle and smiled widely.

“Hello.” He greeted.

“Hi.” The woman in charge said and grinned. “Let’s begin.”

                Hyesung got through the first part of the interview, but now he needed to enter the second part. When he exited the interrogation room, he noticed that the man he had hit with the bag was still in there, looking at him very angrily.

“YAH! Pretty guy!!” The tall man shouted. “It’s rude to not apologise!!”

“Tsk. I don’t apologise to rivals.” Hyesung spoke annoyed. “Besides, you were on my way, !!”

The tall guy scoffed out loud, rubbing the side of his head, while standing up from the seating area. He had casual clothes on and to Hyesung he looked like an average guy. Though…he did have a soft spot towards guys who looked a bit scruffy and dark, he did not feel anything when those dark and serious eyes were at his.

“Yah!!!” The tall man yelled once Hyesung had walked past him. “No one turns back at me!! YAH!!”

“I think I just did.” Hyesung stung his tongue out and stood in front of the locked door, again waiting that someone would call him.

“You should at least buy me a drink or something!!”

The tall guy pursed his lips provoked, and suddenly disappeared from the hall. Hyesung scoffed once again, and lifted his arms onto his chest, blocking his head from the thoughts regarding the stranger. He would not see him again.

“Jung Pil Kyo,” blared a yell after several minutes of waiting – once again!

Hyesung put on a wide smile and entered the room, until the bag on his shoulder slithered off and the smile on his face congealed. How had he done that!?

“Ah…well well well…” the man behind the desk greeted, the smirk on his face terrible. “This will be interesting.”

Hyesung gulped.

“Sit down.” The CEO of the company gestured. “I am Eric Mun…or as you know me; . And I still think you owe me a drink.”

The slender guy closed his eyes, the shameful red covering his cheeks, and advanced the suddenly very scary wooden chair in front of the desk and the older guy. Yup…he was so screwed.

 

                ***

 

Minwoo was pouting fiercely. That was his only way to keep the tears in and not spill them in the middle of a street. It would have been frowned upon if he had abruptly burst into tears. Especially since he was a man and he had been taught that men don’t cry.

Minwoo sniffed, not answering Hyesung’s texts, while he plodded on the crowded street and stared at his feet. He had seen the breakup coming. They hadn’t really been happy on the last months, and that affected their life. Not that Minwoo actually had it lots, to which Hyesung would have snorted now.

“What? Eric?! I don’t hear what you’re saying! Where do I have to wait!? Huh? Where!?” Minwoo heard the voices around him, but he just kept walking. “Yah! Eric! What!? What did you say? Aish. There is a bad connection here! Yah! Eric!!” He nudged someone with his shoulder, bowed his head a bit and apologised, glancing at the irritated eyes of the short and good-looking man, and continued proceeding to the pedestrian crossing. “Someone collided with me! Oh! I see you! ERIC! HERE!”

Minwoo was about to break down, his feet stopping, the cars honking at him, when he was tugged roughly by the wrist and he was drawn away from the pedestrian crossing.

“Yah!! What the hell are you doing!?” The tall, handsome man yelled.

“I was just…crossing…it.” Minwoo stammered.

“You were literally frozen!!! How stupid has a person be!?” The dark haired man shouted, hand still wrapped around Minwoo’s wrist. “I guess that the most important thing is that you were saved.”

Minwoo smiled. “Thank you.”

The tall man ogled at him and angled his head, as he glanced at something at the back and then suddenly shifted his gaze back at Minwoo.

“Would you like to have a drink with me?” they said at the same time.