Books

Perfection

     "I had fun." Yuri suddenly thought to herself.

     Someones binder clicked open and a few pages were flipped. Yuri's lips slowly began to curve upwards.

     The girl smiled at her own reflection as she gazed into the window, remembering the Saturday she had shared with Jessica.

     "Jessica." she mouthed, the name rolling effortessly off her tongue.

     The two barely spoke that day. The had introduced themselves and talked a bit about the weather, but besides that - they just sat together in silence. And despite not even uttering more than a couple of sentences, Yuri was having fun for the first time in a long time.

     The bell rang, dissmissing the class and interuping Yuri's thoughts.

 

 

     "I don't understand why you're always here. It's so lonley."

     Jessica looked up from her book and was met by Yuri staring down at her.

     She smiled upon seeing the familiar face before replying, "Well, why are you here?"

     The tanned girl gestured towards her friends checking out a book.

     "Your friends read?" Jessica said, feining suprise. "They don't seem like the type."

     Yuri took a seat across from the brunette, "And what exactly is the type that reads?" Yuri asked, playfully cocking an eyebrow.

     "People who aren't terrible people."

     "My friends aren't terrible people."

     Jessica raised her brows and after about a minute of silence, Yuri sighed.

     "Okay fine." she admitted, "They aren't the greatest people, but they aren't terrible.

     "Yuri, are you coming? Why are you with that loner?" a voice called out from the library doors. 

     "Not terrible people." Jessica mimicked.

     Yuri smiled apollogetically at Jessica and mouthed "Sorry" as she went to join her friends.