Pretty

Perfection

     "Jung Jessica." Haejin said as she approached the brunette girl sitting alone in her classroom.

     "Yes?" Jessica replied, not expecting at all Kim Haejin to be the one initiating the conversation with her.

     "You've been with Yuri a lot." the perternaturally beautiful girl stated sweetly, taking a seat in a desk beside Jessica, "Are you two close? Or could it be..." Haejin smirked at the brunette who was growing increasingly uncomfortable, "You like her?"

     Jessica heated up, "h-hah, " she stuttered in an attempt to sound sarcastic, "the girl isn't even gay."

     Haekin cocked an eyebrow, "Oh? I'm pretty sure she is. I mean, it's pretty obvious. I'm sure you must've noticed even before she told you." 

     Jessica's breath caught . Haejin was right - about both liking Yuri and her uality.

     "I'm right, aren't I?" Haejin said as if reading Jessica's mind. She laughed, "Give up. Did you really think that Yuri would like someone like you?"

     A feeling of embarassment rose up in Jessica. It was stupid. Stupid to like Yuri. Jessica Jung wasn't pretty, smart or funny like Haejin was. She was nothing compared to her.

     "You should stay away from Yuri." Haejin said as she left, "You're not good enough for her."

 

 

     Walking down the hall, Yuri saw Haejin exiting Jessica's classroom. Yuri looked inside, her curiousity fueling her. Why was Haejin in there?

     "Hey Jessica." Yuri called out.

     Jessica's head snapped up.

     "Whoa," Yuri said walking towards her, "Didn't mean to scare you."

     "No, I was just thinking."

     "Thinking about?"

     Yuri sat in the desk besde Jessica and waited for a response. Then finally:

     "Do you think i'm pretty?"

     The tanned girl's skin went red. She looked away scratching her head, "Y-yeah." she said quietly.

     The brunette didn't seem to react at all to Yuri's answer and then asked, "What about Haejin? Her face is like the definition of perfect."

     And to this, Yuri scoffed, "Perfection doesn't exist. Yeah she's pretty, but her terrible attitude cancels it out." Yuri looked at her shoes, "I think you're a lot prettier anyway."

     Jessica smiled, that was all she needed to hear.