Thoughts

Perfection

     Yuri caught a whiff of Jessica's scent as she coiled the red knit scarf around her bare neck. It was a calming smell, not of purfume and make-up like the other girls at school, but of coffee and peppermint. Even weeks after Jessica had given the younger girl her scarf, Jessica's scent still lingered in the knitted material and though Yuri would never admit it, she loved to inhale the scent whenever she put it on. It reminded her of the small brunette girl and that was more than enough to make the butterflies in her stomach flutter. Yuri smiled at the thought of Jessica and headed to school.

 

 

     Jessica watched the snow fall softly from the sky and tapped her chin. She wondered if Yuri was using her scarf, she wondered if the scarf kept her warm, she wondered if Yuri even liked the scarf. Jessica's thoughts were occupied with Yuri. What was Kwon Yuri to her? An aquintance? A friend? Or was it something more? Jessica knew what she felt wasn't ordinary, it was special. There was a very intimate connection between the two; and to be honest, it scared her. Jessica could feel herself slowly starting to grow feelings for Yuri, but like any normal person: she feared rejection.

 

 

     The two girls sat in the library, Jessica writing in her journal and Yuri daydreaming.

     "I feel honoured that you chose to spend time with me." the girl mumbled while writing, "But shouldn't you be with your friends? You've been ditching them a lot lately."

    Yuri propped her chin up and grinned, "Why would I spend time with them when I can spend it with you? My friends don't even like me. They like my social status." She furrowed her brows and added, "And plus, Kim Haejin won't leave me alone. It's annoying."

     Jessica smiled at her, but the smile was quickly replaced with an uncomfortable grin when Yuri suddenly added, "You like me right? As a friend of course."

     Jessica nodded. Her chest tightening.

 

 

     Jessica may like her as a friend, but Yuri wasn't sure she felt the same. Yuri felt comfortable around the small brunette. It was a feeling she couldn't feel around anyone else. It was special and Yuri could feel the feelings growing stronger by the day.But the problem of rejection always came to her mind.