Tears

Perfection

     The atmosphere was weird when Jessica got to the school. People glared at her, some laughed, others just stared. Usually it was normal, but it was overly excessive today. Something was wrong.

     "So I heard you got a crush on Kwon Yuri huh? That's hot." a boy jeered as he walked by Jessica. A couple of students laughed at his comment.

     Jessica's heart sunk to the pit of her stomach, and she dropped her books.

 

 

     "I knew you shouldn't have hung out with her." a girl told Yuri, "You're way too nice, she likes you now. How gross." Yuri ignored the comment. She needed to find Jessica.

 

 

     Jessica stood in the hallway, tears threatening to fall as students laughed and hurled insults at her. Haejin walked up to Jessica. 

     "I keep seeing you with Yuri." she whispered, a grin evident in her words, " I thought I told you to stay away."

     Hajin backed off, a victorious smile plastered onto her face. Suddenly, in the crowd, Jessica spotted Yuri. Her expression was panicked. They locked eyes for the longest time and finally Jessica had enough. She ran outside, devastated.

      Jessica hurt not because of the insults thrown at her by the students. She hurt because the entire time it was happening, Yuri did nothing to stop them. But even then when she knew Yuri did nothing to defend her, Jessica still allowed the raven haired girl to pull her back and into an embrace.

     "I'm sorry." Yuri apologized, sounding so sincere.

     Jessica didn''t return the hug, but instead simply stated, "Let go of me." And when  Yuri didn't let go, Jessica began to sob.

     "I love you." she cried, "I love you so much and it ing hurts me." It was the first time Jessica had truly felt this way about someone, and finally saying those three words to Yuri lifted an enormous weight off of her chest.

     Yuri held her tighter and Jessica gripped the back of the taller girl's sweatshirt, her violent sobs muffled. "You , you , you ." Jessica shouted, angry at Yuri, at the students and and herself.

     "I'm sorry." was all Yuri could say in return.