001

Late Bloomer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jaemi smiled at the crowd of students that surrounded her car. Giving them one last wave, she went inside the car and her chauffeur shut the door for her. She let out a big sigh once the car drove off.

"Tough day?" Her chauffeur, Mr. Park asked. Jaemi nodded.

"The students were extra bothersome today and the school had asked if father had wanted to 'donate' money."

"Again?"

"Yes"

"Wahhh, America sure is something." Mr. Park shook his head. "Mrs. Lee is making a feast today for dinner ordered by your father, so she prepared you a steamed chicked for lunch."

Jaemi smiled. "Would you and Mrs. Lee like to eat the chicken with me? I can't possibly finish it myself" Mr. Park chuckled, "And what's the feast for?"

"Yes, I will eat with you if your father's not there." He answered "I think it's best that your father explains"

The rest of the car ride to their manor was relaxing. As the car went in the rather long driveway and circled the huge fountain, the car stopped and Mr. Park went to open Jaemi's door. Jaemi smiled and said a sincere thank you before entering the house and changing into her slippers. As she walked towards the stairs, her mother appeared from a different room.

"Oh Jae- *cough cough* -mi ah, you're - *cough cough* home" Her mother spoke in a raspy voice. Jaemi rushed to her mother and patted her back for the coughing to clear up.

"Mother, you need a visit to the hospital" she sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter