Training

The Dark Kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Questions spilled from immediately, demands to know what he meant, but without speaking another word, Daehyun left the room. The only way she knew was because of the sudden click of the door, and her frustration only grew. What could he mean, they needed her help? All they had to do was reveal the Prince to be alive and put the damn crown on his head… right? It couldn’t be that hard…

Her logical side spoke otherwise though; the more she thought about it, the more she realized that when the Prince was unveiled to be alive, he would immediately face threats upon his life. He’d need allies, powerful ones at that, just to stay alive and gain power. She still couldn’t see how she, a street rat and a thief, was supposed to be able to help with that, though.

That night, if it was night that she was left alone, was spent restless, concerns drifting through her mind and keeping her from sleep. When the door opened for her breakfast she was more than ready to get answers from him.

“What did you mean yesterday? How am I supposed to help crown the Prince?” she immediately asked, scrambling to her feet to face the direction of the door. She couldn’t hear anything but she could smell him, the lightest scent of wood with a lingering scent of soap. She couldn’t help but to smile but wiped it off of her face as soon as she realized what she was doing: just because she couldn’t see didn’t mean that the room wasn’t lit and he couldn’t see her, smiling like a fool.

“Ah, good morning to you too, Amber,” he said chidingly, and she scowled in the direction of his voice. Like he was one to lecture about manners.

“Yah, answer my questions,” she demanded and crossed her arms over her chest, and that was when she sensed it. Another presence, standing just off to her left; before she could react to it, a strike knocked her off of her feet and then she was pinned to the ground once more.

“Focus on your surroundings,” Daehyun told her smugly from his place by the door, and she ground her teeth in irritation. The man who held her to the ground was new, his scent different from the other, less noticeable; only the faintest hint of soap clung to his skin. He was bigger than Daehyun, too, heavier and more soli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter