Epilogue

The Dark Kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took several tries and a lot of explaining for her to understand, but Yongguk was patient. He told her that she was the 'Hidden Prince', that she always had been; it had just taken the Brotherhood years to find her. She was skeptical at first, of course, but finally he took her to the side of the throne room and pulled away the covering on a portrait of the previous King and Queen. The Queen was beautiful, and though Amber searched her features for similarity, it was the King who caught her eye. His hair shone a deep red color, and Yongguk smiled as she gently touched her own red hair in shock.

Then he'd produced a ring and a small, worn piece of paper from a pouch, handing both to her. The ring was the same black circle with the red eagle on it, and the note...

It was from her father. Addressed to a man Yongguk said had been the head of the Brotherhood at the time, he detailed his concerns of the Usurper's ideas and asked him to care for his children if anything happened, as well as giving him the signet ring. The note said that the diviners had told the King and Queen to expect a daughter, and so he wanted the Brotherhood to watch out for Prince Henry and their daughter should anything happen to them.

The knowledge weighed heavy on her, knowing that her life could have been a million times different, but no heavier than the burden that now hung over her shoulders. Jongup had hung the black banner from the tower and according to Yongguk, the other temples ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter