Luna

The Dark Kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Following Yongguk down yet another windowless hallway, Amber had time to smooth away her anger at Daehyun and push an almost real smile onto her face. "When did you bring Luna here? And why?" she asked, lengthening her strides to catch up with the taller man. To her surprise, he actually slowed his steps to match hers, casting a small smile down at her.

"Well, actually, we brought them to the temple at the same time that we brought you," he explained, his deep voice coming out soft as if he were almost shy. His eyes glanced at her face momentarily before darting back to the hallway ahead of them, a slight flush coming over his face as he gave a one sided shrug. "Sorry about that, by the way."

"Um... about what?" she asked slowly, unsure as to why he would be apologizing for saving her miniature family, but he only shrugged again.

"You know, kidnapping you."

Her mind was brought sharply back to the moment in the alleyway, the panic that had flooded through her when she had been unable to breathe, unable to fight back against whomever had held that cloth to her face. She stopped in the middle of the hallway with a gasp, her eyes going wide as she caught his arm to pull him around to face her. "You? You were the one in the alleyway?"

"Um..." he began, eyes darting side to side before he took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Yeah. Three others went to your... house... and I was the one assigned with following you."

"Why?" she asked, her voice coming out quieter and weaker than she would have liked to come across at that moment. She wished she could strike out at him, but the rational side of her mind already knew how that would go; she had learned in her confinement of darkness that he was much stronger and more skilled than she. She just couldn't get rid of the sudden anger, though, the feeling of personal violation rising once more even though she knew their supposed 'reasons'. "Why do you people want me? How am I supposed to help 'crown the Prince' and whatnot? Don't give me some vague answer," she growled when he shifted his feet and looked away, opening his mouth to give her some halfass reply. He shut it again at her words, though, and they stood there in silence, her eyes locked on his face even as he kept his on the wall beside them.

"Luna is waiting," he finally said softly, and though she knew it was just another way around the answers she needed, she also knew it to be true. With a heavy sigh she pushed past him roughly, making her way down the hall on her own. She could sense him following behind her, though she fought the urge to turn and check; his steps were so quiet that she could hardly make them out.

He cleared his throat as they neared a door on the right, marked with the symbol of a half moon burned into the wood. "Luna's room," he added, and though she was stil angry with him, she had to admit that his soft tone was affecting her in ways she didn't need. She paused with a hand on the knob and turned to give him a pointed look.

"Am I a prisoner here, Yongguk?" she asked, and when he immediately denied it, she nodded and pursed her lips. "Then I am going to visit my family, and I am going to do it alone."

He paused for a moment before agreeing, but he reached out a hand to catch the do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter