Hidden Agenda

My Hot Tempter

'You're early.' Chunji smiles as he sees me approaching. He's dress in a white graphic tee and black jeans. Today, his hair is simply combed down. No stylings, yet he looks awesome. 

 

'No, I'm just on time.' I rebuke, insisting my way. He simply shrugs and slips his hand with mine. I'm like a doll, he is doing whatever he deems fit with me and I can't do a single thing to oppose when he is threatening to disclose my secret with him. 

 

'Where are we going?' I ask and follows quietly next to him. 

'Hmm, a cafe would be nice.' He taps his chin and grins when he decides to go to a cafe.

'Okay.' I whisper and look away. I could feel my rising temperature when I see his smile, any more temptations would make me explode from within. 

 

'Did you ate breakfast?' Chunji asks as we enter the cafe. It's a modern book cafe with furnitures and shelves of books. I shake my head, I came out with an empty stomach. I was hoping to have breakfast with him. But of course, that part is kept well as unspoken thoughts. 

 

He nodded and orders two bowls of soup, one chicken pie and a tuna pie. Insisting on treating me, I gave up saying nicely to him and simply shove my share of cash to him. 

 

'Do whatever you want with it. You can't treat me every time we meet.' I shake my head and earn a loop side grin from him. 

 

'So we will be going out often?' He asks and I almost choked on my soup. He is ridiculous. Seriously ridiculous. He handed me a napkin and I quickly wipes my dirty mouth. 

 

'I never said that.' I whine. 'I almost died.' I roll my eyes and suddenly I could feel many eyes were on me. I look around to see a few girls from different tables looking at me or probably at Chunji. They are all shooting me their nasty and disapproving looks. None of them looks nice.

 

'What's wrong?' Chunji asks and looks around too. 'The girls here...' I blink several times when I see Chunji away from my face just several inches apart. 

'What about them?' He asks, with his famous smile. 

 

Chunji has to wave at my face for a few times before I could get my senses back. 

'I know I'm handsome, Minhae. But you can't stare at me like this for so long. I'll get embarrassed too.' He winks and I quickly back away and eat my tuna pie. He chuckles and lay out his term notes for revising. 

 

I was glad Chunji could teach me a couple of hard questions and the day pass by even without us realising. 

'Ah, it's time to go home.' He announces as he aytevhes his arms and body. I stop writing and realise it is already night time. 

 

'Aren't you glad to have me as your study boyfriend'? Chunji asks as we pack up to leave the cafe. 

'Ha.ha. Thanks, but no thanks.' I shake my head. 'My existing boyfriends are already killing me.' I scoff and earn a questioning look from Chunji. 

'Boyfriends? I thought you are unattached?' 

 

I start to giggle hearing his shocking question. Maybe this is how I can shoo him off. With my fake self-proclaim boyfriend that I do not have at all. 

'Hmm, wanna know his name?' I smile but he simply shake his head. 

 

'Thanks, but no thanks. I think I know who they are already.' He wriggles his brows and answer the five subjects I'm struggling as my boyfriends. 

 

I sigh at his correct answer. He's too smart for me to tackle. 

'Thank you for coming out to study with me today.' He says while we pack up to leave the cafe. It's late evening, good timing for dinner. 

'Yeah, thank you for all the free coaching.' I smile and look down awkwardly when I see Chunji staring at me as I say my thanks. 

'To be frank with you, today is my birthday.' 

'Birthday, oh that's cool.' I muttered. 'Wait, what? Today is your birthday?' I ask and he nods his head with a shy smile. 

'Yup, thank you for making it a wonderful one.' He grins, serious and grateful. I fake an angry expression and side galnce him. 

 

'Why didn't you told me anything about it? I could have at least bought you something. Anything.' I frown and he could only shake his head. 

'You might not show up, you know?' He shrugs and we head out of the cafe. 5 more hours to 12, there's still some time left. Maybe I can treat him to a good meal. As a form of celebration. 

 

Chunji was thrill hearing my offer of a dinner treat and we settled in a fried chicken restaurant. 

'Is this good enough? I mean we can go some other place?' I ask as we sat at the corner table. He nods eagerly and quickly went to order the food. Seeing how happily he gobbles his food makes me smile unconsciously. I'm glad he likes the food. Since its his birthday, shouldn't he be celebrating with his friends or family? Why is it with me? 

 

'Doesn't Tao or Sehun know it is your birthday today?' I cleared my throat to ask him. Making it sound causal and simple, without any hidden agenda. 

 

'They do. Why?' He stops eating, looking at me with full eyes. He nods again when I mention his family. 

 

'Then, why me of all people? I've definitely know you for less than a week.' I ask, hoping that he could clear this confusion in my head. 

 

'Maybe this year I wanted something different.' He sighs and lean on his back. 'Every year, my birthday holds the same meaning for me. Business.' He gives me a small sad smile. 'My dad runs a big company and my mum is his right hand. They work together and practically does everything side by side. They do love me and I can have whatever I want. Money isnkind of free flow, but they have never once seriously considered my needs. Not even on my birthday.' He stops when his phone started buzzing. On the screen, I could see Sehun's name on display. They must have been good friends. 

 

'Answer it, its fine.'  I assure when he was contemplating to take the call. He thanks me and causally answer the phone, without the need of personal privacy. 

 

'Hey, Sehun... Yeah, thanks bro... I'll pass this year. Yeah, have fun.' He ended the call and is all smiley face at me again. 'They asked me put for a celebration at the pub. I rejected them, this year I want to do what I want. My way.' He grins and I could only nod my head. I know I'm flushing way too red. 

 

'So...' I stop, not knowing what to say exactly. 

'So, my parents used me as a socialising tool. Inviting businessmen and partners, together with their daughters to my birthday party.' 

 

'Match making session?' I arch my brows. It's a birthday party, how could they mix business with personal celebration?

 

'Precisely.' He rolls his eyes. 'Fake smile is plastered on my face the whole night and I almost had a face cramp.' I laughed at his funny expression but can't help but to feel sorry for him. It must be tired and bothersome for him. 

 

'Well, birthday for me is always with my father. Simple and sweet.' I say, sharing my story with Chunji. Two for a party might be boring for many, but its always full of happiness for me. My father has never fail to bring a smile up on my face during my birthday and I'm so glad its with him and not some random friends whom I'm not closed with. I doubt they even know my full name. 

 

'Thank you for today, I had a great time.' Chunji thanked me when we alight the bus for our stops.

 

'Please don't say that. I should have brought you to a better place.' I scratch my head, trying to cope with this embarrassing moment. 

 

He grins and shakes his head, saying a simple meal like just now is enough to make his day. All he wants is just a pure celebration for the fact that it is his birthday and the foucs is on him.

 

'Can I walk you home?' He asks and as much as I want him to, I shake my head. 'It's near, I'll be back real soon.' I assure, I don't want to risk any one to see us together, definitely not my father. I do not want to worry over something so minor. He has more than enough to worry about his business. 

 

'Okay.' He mutter and I sigh looking at him. There's still an hour before 12 and I've decided to give him a last gift of the day. Something I hope he would like.

 

'Could you bend down?' I ask and he glady obliges. He may not be very tall tall, but he's still a head taller than me. I bet he knows what I'm planning to do, yet his face shows nothing. I took in a deep breath and before my lips would touch Chunji's cheek, it landed on his lips. 

 

Hello!

Please comment and subscribe ((: 

Love ya all!