First Meal

My Hot Tempter

'Hi, Miss runaway.' I look up from my phone to see Mr Lee smiling at me. 

'Hi?' I knit my brows together and continues meddling with my phone, ignoring his presence. 

 

'What class do you have today?' 

'Ask Tao.' I say, knowing fully who he can dig up information from. 

'Oh, but I prefer asking you.' He continues and we board the bus without answering his question. I move into the inner seat so he can have the seat next to me. My bet is that he will be riding this bus with me. This is the only bus to school. 

 

I am glad the ride was quiet, but not at all comfortable. Without Chunji talking, I feel more uncomfortable. 

'What is your class today?' I clear my throat and see a ghost of a smile from his face. 

'I thought you weren't interested in me?' Great, I have just digged up my own grave. He smiles at me and answered marketing. I answered with a small O, so he isn't in the same class as me. He lied to Tao and Sehun. 'Disappointed much?' He teases and I felt my cheeks heating up. 

 

'Ha.ha.' I scoff and look out of the window, he's gonna be transparent to me for the next 20 minutes of the ride. 

 

Suddenly the bus comes to a halt so harsh, many people almost fell down. I almost hit the back of the person's head seating infront of me with my forehead, but Chunji held me firmly in place and I was on the safe side. His hand is on my arm, holding me in place, the other free one on the headrest of the front seat. 

 

'Are you okay?' He asks and I could only nod my head. Apparently an old lady has dashed off the road and the bus driver was forced to halt suddenly to avoid hitting the lady. I am so glad he stopped on time. 

 

His hand were on my arm throughout the bus ride. I feel really safe, but is this feeling allowed? Should I be pushing him away or relish in it? 

 

I shake my head in disapproval, I'm just overwhelmed with what happened just now. 

 

'Do you want to grab early dinner, after class at 3 today?' Chunji asks as we walk to our classes. It's no surprise that his class is next to mine. I guess I expected some of this.  

 

'Your treat?' I tease, hoping to shoo him off. But instead he coolly agreed to treat me. 'I'll burn a hole in your pocket. 

'Be my guest, I have plenty of jeans for you to burn, Minhae.' I laugh at his joke and proceed to my class. 

 

Throughout my class with Tao, I wasn't interested with talking to him nor listening to class, my mind is concentrated at the messages Chunji is sending me. I purposely replied a few minutes later after his message, duely because I need to think what to reply. I've been opening up to too many people only to have their backs turn on me. No doubt, Sunny is one of them. I have to make sure Chunji isn't like them, if he really isn't, he might be the first guy I am opening up to. 

 

I took my time in packing and let Tao leave the class first. I do not want to risk letting him see Chunji and me together. I hate teasings. 

 

I walk causally to the foyer where he make us meet, not wanting to make it seems that I am anticipating this dinner or date, as I assume. I do hope it is. 

He looks dashing from afar and the grey tshirt he is wearing is doing way too good on his body, the jeans is a compliment and I really like his disaster styled hair. 

 

I take my time in walking, hoping he might get fed up and decide that this is not going to work out. Instead, he's only too happy to see me. 

 

'So, what's for dinner?' He asked as we roam around the mall for our meal. I shrug, I don't know if I can really eat with him around. I am walking beside him, but definitely a metre away. He keeps on trying to narrow our gap, but I continue to widen it as well.  

 

'Japanese?' He proposed and is walking very near next to me, skin-touching-skin kind of distance. I agreed without much thought and he decides to hold my hand when I attempt to move away from him, again. 'Stop, stay. Period.' He frowns slightly and I'm dumbfounded by his sudden command. 

 

Warmess spread across my palm, up to my arms and finally my face. I tried my best to answer his question and tried to act oblivious when he giggles at me. All because of my heated face. 

 

My salmon set meal and Chunji's ubi set meal came shortly after ordering. This would be the first time I am having dinner with a guy, seating across me. 

 

'Thank you.' I smile as Chunji handed me the chopstick and spoon. I wonder where did he gets his gentleman politeness from. Tao is really a bad example. He never fails to eat our leftovers during gatherings and be the first to finish his meal. Guys like him are never gentlemen. 

 

The silence between us is awkward. At least for me. I do not know where to look at nor do I want to stare at his beautiful face. It will send the wrong message to him and he will mess with my mind. 

 

 

'Here, try this.' Chunji took one of his fried ubi and place it on my plate. I looked up at him, surprised when he took my salmon in return. I wanted to protest, but I felt it was okay since he exchanged something with me. I really love salmon. 

 

The food taste relatively delicious and he really is treating me for this meal. 

 

'How much is it?' I ask, hoping I could pay for my own. Asking him to treat me seems to be too much. Especially when we are not on that close term.  

 

 

'No, don't bother about it.' He takes my wallet away from me and chuck it into my bag and lock my fingers with him. I look at him, pouting and earn a kiss from him. Gah! What did he just do? 'That'll be my reward for the day. I saved your pretty forehead and treat you a satisfying meal. Fair enough?' He asks and I nod my head after thinking for a while. Fair enough, right? But there's a tight feeling in my chest. 

 

'Chunji?' I started, as we walk hand in hand like any other couples. 

'Yes?' He smiles his all-teeth smile. 

'What are we? I mean this.' I say and lift up the interlaced hand. 

 

'How about we call it trial period? Getting to know each other better?' He grins. 

'Friends don't do this.' I arched an eye brow. Confused and dazed. I'm not stupid to not know that friends do not hold hands. 

 

'Well we're not. We are more than that.' He beams, not letting my hand go, dragging me to shop after shops. 

--

 

'Are you seeing a guy, Minhae?' I decided to call Sojin to check out with her what does this relationship even mean. Well, not in my context, but my friend's. 

 

'No, I told you I'm not. I'm asking for my friend.' I frown, she is really annoying sometimes. 

'Okay, okay. Tell me what happen? Erm, for your friend, right?' She laughs. 

'Yes, my friend.' I emphasis and tried hard not to laugh. 'What is trial period?' 

'Let's just say that this guy is interested in your friend. Maybe she isn't ready yet.'

 

'Not ready yet?' I whisper, playing with my shoulder length hair. 'Why isn't she ready yet?'

 

'Miss Minhae, how am I suppose to know? I'm not your friend nor that guy. Maybe you can ask her heart.' Heart, that's a good one. I quickly ended Sojin's call, I can't take anymore of her teasings. She knows way too much about my secrets when we share the same room during our summer school. 

 

I love her so much. 

 

--

 

Hello (: I'm back! Please comment and this story shall remain cute and innocent, no M (: