Mark's confession

My Hot Tempter

'I... I...' I stutter and quickly shut my mouth for further versions of I. My fake act of waking up to check if I have reached my destination from my nap has been seen through by him. I'm feeling so shy now. I could have die of embarrassment sooner or later if I don't come up with something. 

 

He just can't stop smiling at me.

 

Seating across me on the table, he looks even more stunning than I have sneakily peeked on the bus. His thick brows, cherry red lips, big eyes and goofy smiles are making me flustering. 

 

'I'm guess staring is ur hobby?' He teases and I quickly look away. 

'Of course not.' I frown, my red face making matter worse. 'You're also staring.' I rebuke and he could only smirks at me.

'Guess that's our area of interest?' He winks at me. 'I'm Mark, Mark Tuan.' He smiles and offers me a handshake which I timidly accept. 

'I'm Minhae.' I whisper and earn a knowingly nod from him. 

 

'How do you know me?' He blinks at me, as if I'm speaking an ailen language. 'As in I'm up here.' 

'Oh.' He clasps his hand and smiles at me again. Boy, his killer smile looks so dashing. I don't think I can keep up if he keeps smiling at me like this. 

 

'Stop smiling.' I mutter and roll my eyes mentally. My face must be burning red because I'm feeling so hot now. 

'What?' He asks and I simply shrug. 'Okay.' He bites his lips, as if pondering what to say. 'I wanted to take a breather and happen to see you up here.'

 

'Liar!' I scoff. 'You expect me to believe you?' I ask and is surprise at my sudden outburst. Maybe I expect more from him. Like, he followed me up. 

 

'Okay, you caught me. I followed you up.' He gives a curt nod. 'Happy?' Why? Why would he followed me up when it's so much fun down at the hall then following me.

 

'You're a erted stalker?' I ask, with cautious. I maybe in the school compound, but I doubt I'm safe. The teachers must all be drunk by now.

 

He started laughing loudly in a slightly too high pitched tone for him. But to my surprise, it doesn't sound as irritating, instead its addicting. 

 

'Maybe. Maybe, Minah.' He agrees and rubs his chin after the laughter dies down. 'Could u take it as I'm interested in you?' He ask with a cute smile. 'After all I've been seating behind you during classes.' 

 

'Same class? We are in the same class?' 

'You got that right.' He winks. Before we could continue the conversation, rain started to pour and soon it became so heavy we have to return to level one.

 

'Wait here.' Mark says after coming down from the stairs and return shortly with piles of tissue paper and began to wipe me dry. 

'Thanks.' I say, clearly aware of his actions. His gentleness is something I've yet to experience and I must say I like it. To have a boy to care for me. Seeing how drench I look, he took off his denim jacket and place it on my shoulder. 

 

'You don't have to.' I say and he refuses to let me take it off.

'Don't.' He warns. 'You might get sick.' He pats my head when I comply. The jacket has a mild cololgne and unique male smell. 

 

Is this his scent?

 

I smile unknowingly and he pulls my by the wrist back to the hall. I should pull away but some how, I don't wish to. There's an urge to let him pull me around since tonight might be the only night being pulled by him. Maybe the next day he might see tonight as a joke and I'll never get to see him again. 

 

'Minhae! Where did you go?' Sojin asks as she scans me up and down. 'Why are you wet? Chunji is looking all over for you. He's at the extent of going crazy.' My mouth makes a small O at the mention of Chunji and realise he's the least of my concern when I'm up at the lawn with Mark. 

 

What's with me?

 

'Oh, I went up to the lawn for some fresh air and it started pouring all of a sudden.' I shrugs and starts to look around for Mark when he's no longer behind me. 

 

'Who are you looking for? And whose jacket is this?' Sojin ask and before I could start to see this as a scary night hallucination, I realise it wasn't when the denim jacket is still hanging on my shoulder. 'Its belongs to a guy. Minhae you better explain to me.' She taps her feet and I'm staring to panic. 

 

What can I say? What am I even suppose to say? 

 

'Hey, I brought you towel to dry your hair.' Both of us turn around to see Mark running towards us with a big fluffy towel. 

'Thank you.' I smile and earn a pat on the head again. I'm starting to feel like a puppy. 

 

'You are?' Sojin asks with arch brows and looks supicously at me. 

'I'm Mark.' He introduced himself and shakes hands with Sojin. 

'Eye candy.' I mouthed and earn a playful yet secret smile from her. I'm glad she knows what I meant. 

 

 

'Minhae!' I turn my head to the right to see Chunji running towards me and hugging my shoulder to check me if I'm alright. 'Where did you go? Didn't you mention going to the ladies?' He asks and I could hear the urgency in his voice. He is worried about me? 

 

Maybe I was gone too long.

 

'Why are you wet?' He ask when he sees the towel hovering on top of my head. 'And whose jacket is this?' I winced inwardly at how the question is bring repeated after Sojin. 

 

'Hmm, this is Mark.' I step back so Chunji's hand will not be on my shoulder anymore and introduce Mark. 'This is Chunji.' I smile faintly and the both smile at each other. 

 

'You are?' Chunji asks, and I assume he already knows who this jacket belongs to. 

'Friend.' I muttered and earn a confused look from Chunji. 

'Friends?' He repeats and I nod my head, assuring what I've just said. 

 

'No.' Mark's deep voice and sudden objection has our attention diverted at him. 

'What?' 

'Would you like to go out with me?' He asks with a small shrug. 

'What? Go out? Its raining!' I frown and frown even deeper when his unique high pitched laughter is back. 

 

'You're so cute.' He teases. 'I mean, do you want to be my girlfriend?' He ask and this time my heart is in my mouth. What did he just said?

 

Is the lights not bright enough for him to see how I look? My face, my weight, my height, the way I dress... There traits are far away from the word nice and I'm being asked out by Mark? 

 

'As in me? Your girlfriend?' I ask and he nods his head, with a full smile. 

 

Crap, why is Chunji's face void of emotion? 

 

 

Hello

Please do comment ((: I just love Mark too much now!