Lee Chanhee

My Hot Tempter

‘Are you listening to me, Minhae?’ Sojin pouted and knocked my head.

‘Y-yeah.’ I stuttered, and walk with her to the canteen. I can’t get my mind straight these few days. I just can’t help but to always drift to the Tempters Club I went a few days ago and Chunji.

‘How’s class? Did Tao provoke you again?’ Sojin asked as we queue up for my coffee. Sojin is really sweet to me and I was glad to have made this awesome friend from last summer’s school in London.

‘He has issues with school fees and can’t stop cussing them. I merely nodded my head and answer very briefly. You know how easily I can start a fight with him.’ I said and Sojin agree with me and help me order my Americano. ‘Thanks, Sojin.’ I smile and saw Sehun at the corner of the canteen, he is queuing with a group of friends for his food. ‘That’s Sehun with his friend over there.’ I pointed with my head and turn my back to them.

 

We are not close to them, so it is best that we don’t even greet each other. It’s awkward.

‘Where?’ She asked, searching through the crowd.

‘See the blond hair guy with the brown bag?’ I say and Sojin finally see him.

‘Minhae, you’re really good at spotting people.’ Sojin smacked my arms. Yeah, my only good point. It’s not useful when it is in use for academic context. ‘That blond guy looks really cute.’ Minhae complimented and I took a quick glance at my back.

 

‘Really? I can’t see his face.’ I quickly grab my Americano and head out of the canteen with Sojin.

‘Yes, he looks way awesome than Sehun. The guy who swings both way.’ We both laughed at her joke, this is something that will always trigger our laughter buttons together.

 

‘Hold on.’ I stopped Sojin and grab my phone when it rings and Sojin looks at my phone screen. ‘It’s an unknown number.’ I said and is contemplating to answer the phone. ‘I have some weird unknown phone calls recently, can you answer for me?’ I pleaded and Sojin coolly accepted.

 

‘Hello.’ She answered. ‘Who are you looking for?’ She smiles as she fakes the British accents we always play with. ‘Oh, she is not at her desk now, what is your name?’ She paused to listen to what the caller has to say. ‘Oh okay, I’ll let her know. Okay.’ Sojin ended the call and eyed me suspiciously.

‘What? Who called?’

‘Are you avoiding anyone?’ She asked, her eyes radiating curiosity.

‘No, I’m not.’ I answered calmly and Chunji immediately came into my mind. Surely he wouldn’t be the caller. Why would he want to call me and be involved with me?

‘Okay. He said his name is Chanhee and wants you to call him back. He’s been calling a few times and he said it was urgent.’ She nodded her head after her report ended.

‘Chanhee? Did you hear wrongly? I do not know anyone with that name.’ I answer truthfully. I know no one with that name. Suddenly I felt a pang in my heart, it wasn’t him who called.

 

‘Yeah… Oh he said his friends call him Chunji, yes Chunji.’

‘Chunji?’ I asked and she nodded her head again.

‘So you know him? He sounds really nice.’ She smirks and I shook my head again. 

‘No I do not know him.’ I fake my smile and shoo her off for her date with her boyfriend.

 

Well, Chunji really did call. Why did he call? I just can’t come up with the reason as to why he would call me. I received another call from this unknown number again when I am in my class. I drop my bag down on one of the seats and head out to answer the call.

 

‘Hello?’ I whisper, but clearly audible.

‘Minhae, is that you?’ The voice asked and I recognize who it belongs to. It’s him.

‘Y-yes, you are?’ I heard a chuckle at the other side of the line and wait patiently for him to answer.

‘I’m Chunji. Did your friend not tell you I called earlier when she picks up your phone?’

‘No.’ I answered almost immediately and heard a giggle again from the other line. ‘What’s so funny?’ I demanded, slightly feeling offended.

‘No, don’t worry. What are you doing now? Do you have time today?’

‘I’m in school and no, I’m not free.’ Why does he wants to meet me? To demand for more money? I’m not rich enough to pay for his service again.

‘How about I come to your school?’ He offered and I rejected him again.

‘I’m not free, sorry.’ I ended the call and went into my lecture room. Why am I feeling so hot? I quickly took off my jacket and decided to focus on the lecture. I jumped up in shock again when my phone started buzzing with an incoming call. I rejected the call and was quickly replaced with an incoming message.

 

Why are you avoiding me?

 

I gasped at the message. I am not avoiding him, I just want nothing to do with him, not after last time. Should I have any dealing with him from the first place?

 

I am not, please stop bothering me.

 

I waited for a few minutes and another new message came in.

 

I want to be friends with you.

 

I smirk at message and can’t help but to shake my head. Friends? Does he really want to be friends with me? I decided to ignore his messages and phone calls by switching the phone off. I really need to focus in this class. I can’t afford to fail again, year 4 is nowhere nearing me.



‘Sehun?’ I muttered when I saw him at one corner when I am going to the bus stop to head home. I wonder why am I so unlucky to see him so many times today. Sehun is with a group of friends, beside him is the same blond hair guy. I wonder if he swings both ways as well.

 

I stopped in my track when I see the side of the boy’s face. It’s him. It’s Chunji.