seven

Hired Girlfriend

The next day, everything was back to normal. Even though it was Sunday and it was her day-off, Soojung had to work. It was what he promised to Siwon.

Soojung was walking toward the coffee shop and while she got closer to it, she saw a very familiar car. She stared at the black BMW and even looked at the plate number just to make sure if it was really that car she was thinking of. She rushed inside only to see Jinki talking to Siwon.

"Soojung, hurry up and change!" Jinki ordered when he noticed her walking in.

Soojung changed because that was her plan and not because Jinki told her to do so. When she got out, Jinki immediately pulled her at the cashier telling her that they were "partners in crime" that day.

"You're not gonna take your job back, right? I mean, now that you're practically jobless." Soojung asked as they wiped off the counter.
"Don't worry. I won't take it back. I'm just here to help." Jinki responded with a smile.

The last task given to them was the dishes. It was actually only given to Soojung but the whole day, whatever was Soojung doing, Jinki would do the same. Washing the dishes was no fun but with them together, it was almost like playing with bubbles like little kids. Jinki was the one to put the detergent soap and Soojung was the one to wash it off. Jinki would make lots of foam in his hand and put them on her head.

"Wipe them off!" Soojung kept telling him but he would just stick his tongue out at her.

One by one, their co-workers stopped working and just stared at them. Everyone thought that there was something going on with the two.

"Hey, you guys, what's going on here?" Siwon came out of his office and saw everyone picking at the kitchen door.
"Manager Choi, is it me or it seemed like they're in love?" Seulgi asked not looking away from the two.
"Soojung pretended to be Jinki's girlfriend yesterday. Maybe it went well." Siwon was then looking at the two.
"Really well~"
"Get back to work!" Siwon shouted

The two went to Jinki's flat and hung out there. No one was home yet and they preferred it that way since the other boys would most likely ask them question about the day before.

Jinki saw his scattered notes on the table and so he went inside the other room, that they turned into Jonghyun's music room/Taemin and Jinki's study room, to put the papers in the shelf. On the left side of the room were Jonghyun's musical instruments while on the right side were two tables, one of Jinki, the other of Taemin. Jinki was organizing his old and new designs and so Soojung followed him inside because he was taking too long. She saw some of his works on the table and looked at them. She didn't quite understand them but there were names of some people that they both knew.

"What are these?" She poked Jinki's back so he turned to her.
"My personal designs. I only do those for fun. That one, I made that for Kibum. We were kidding around and well, his joke kind of inspired me. I draw him a house. A home. He told me what he wanted in his future home and then boom-bam!" Jinki explained as he gestured with enthusiasm.
"I've made one for everyone I know. It's really fun." Then he searched for one specific work.
"Here's yours." He handed her the blueprint.
"Mine? How did you know the house structure I wanted?" Still she didn't understand what she was looking at, but she still felt a little happy.
"I heard once. I don't usually eavesdrop but when I do, the conversation's about houses and buildings." Jinki answered and Soojung laughed.
"Too bad these things will go to waste." Jinki sighed.
"I'm hungry. I'm just gonna make something to eat. Wanna join me?" Jinki put down the blueprints.
"I'll just play with the keyboard for a sec." Soojung pointed at Jonghyun's keyboard.
"Okay." Jinki went out.

Soojung had an idea. He took all his works on the table and put it in a folder he saw on his shelf and hid it her bag before she went to the keyboard and played a song. She didn't stay there for too long because she was smelling something delicious from the kitchen.

"Meat!!!" She came in running.
"Slow down. There are drips of water the—ah!" Jinki was going to pull her away from the wet floor, and when he did, he was the one who was about to slip but then Soojung was able to grab him.
"Jinki! You okay?!" Soojung asked worriedly with their bodies attached.
"I'm okay." Jinki looked down at her and easily noticed her necklace.
"Oh, you're wearing it." Soojung looked at where Jinki was looking at. She didn't know that the necklace had come out from other her shirt.
"Y-yeah, I told you, I like it." She immediately stepped back when she realized how close their body and faces were.
"And you gave it to me so it's mine so I can wear it whenever I want." Soojung rolled her eyes and sat at the table.
"Uh-huh, sure." Jinki sat across the table with a crooked smile on his face.
"Hmp,"

"Can you go to Kibum's flat and tell them about us?" Jinki asked as he handed her the chopsticks.
"Why me?" Soojung was already eating with her hands.
"Because I hired you as my girlfriend." Jinki answered as he watched her eat.
"Your answer doesn't make sense. And you didn't hire me." Soojung had her brows furrowed as she pouted her lips.
"Uh, I kinda paid you to be my girlfriend so yeah, I kinda hired you." Jinki kinda made sense so Soojung couldn't say "no" anymore.

Soojung left before the two boys even arrived because of Jinki's order to go to Key and Amber's flat to talk some business with them, specifically with Amber. Amber was very close to Qian and Soojung was worried that she would ask the boyish girl about Jinki and her relationship.

She sat down at the table with the couple and told her what happened the day before. Kibum was laughing hard when he heard her story and Amber was kinda doing the same.

"That's why you came here? To tell us that?" Kibum kept laughing.
"No, silly. Can you do me a favor? Don't tell Qian eonni that we're pretending." Soojung finally told them what she was there for.
"That's it? What do we get in return?" Amber asked.
"What do you want? Maybe, I can tell Jinki so we can negotiate."
"Nothing, really. Okay. We won't tell Qian and Minho." Amber turned to Kibum and he nodded.
"You can count on us, Soojung."
"Thank you so much, guys. Well, I'm going." Soojung stood up and the two accompanied her to the door.
"Take care, Soojung."

"We really won't tell them?" Kibum asked Amber as soon as they closed the door.
"We won't. I mean, why would we? I'm sure their game of pretend will become real." Amber responded with a half smile.
"Wow, we are a match made in heaven! We feel and think the same things!" Kibum embraced his girlfriend.
"I love Qian eonni and all but Jinki and Soojung need to happen." Amber added and Kibum couldn't agree more.

...

Soojung left the apartment early the next morning because she needed to pass by somewhere else—Jinki's dream workplace.

When she got in front of the building, she saw someone just walking in and stopped him.

"Excuse me. Do you, by any chance work here?" She asked politely.
"You're talking to the owner, miss. What can I help you with? If you're applying for a job—"
"No, I'm here for a friend. Did this guy applied here?" She showed him a photo of Jinki from her phone.
"I... I think so, but, miss—"
"Listen to me first, sir!" Soojung kept cutting him off.
"I know he might have written some ridiculous things in his resumé or he may not appear that impressive but, sir, of you only know how passionate he is and how much he wants to work with you, you might change your mind. Actually, sir, the only reason he wants to work with you is because he wants to learn personally from you. He admires this little office of yours and it's the one that inspired him to be an architect." Soojung said without any pause. She looked at him straight in the eyes to let him know how sincere she was and how true everything that she said. She wanted to deliver Jinki's passion.
"Oh, I almost forgot. Here are some of his works. Please, take a look at them when you have time. And please contact him if ever you ever change your mind. The number's in the folder as well." Soojung handed him the folder that he took from Jinki the night before. She looked at her watch to see the time.
"Oh, no, I'm gonna be late. Goodbye, sir! Thanks for the time!" She bowed and ran off.
"Wait! Who are you?" The head said.
"His fake girlfriend!" Soojung shouted back as she continued running.
"Fake girlfriend?" He creased his forehead.

...

Minho picked up Qian from her apartment to accompany her to her new job. Since it was summer break, Minho always had time to send her to work and pick her up from there. That's the least he could for his girlfriend.

"Don't you think it's weird?" Qian asked as they got out of the apartment building.
"What is?" Minho looked curiously at his girlfriend.
"You know, Jinki and Soojung."
"I guess so. Why? Don't you want them to be together?" Minho got even more curious.
"It's not that. I don't mind, actually, but, what if they're just faking it?" Qian had that doubt from the start.
"At first I didn't know whether to believe them or not but their relationship seemed real to me... Qian, would you stop thinking about them and just start thinking about us?" Minho held her hand.
"Okay~" Qian smiled but she was still not convinced.

Qian then remembered about Amber. She was the one that told Qian about the "double date" so she thought that maybe Amber knew something about the two.

"Don't pick me up after work later, okay? I forgot. I'm meeting Amber." She told Minho an excuse.
"Can't I come?"
"I promised Amber it's just gonna be us two. You can come next time." Qian squeezed his hand and stopped walking.l before she kissed his right cheek.
"Enjoy your work." Minho waved at her as she entered the dance school.

Qian finished at three and called Amber in advance to tell her that she was coming. Amber instantly knew her reasons that was why she told Kibum about it and so they prepared themselves on Qian's attack.

"Qian, come in." Kibum opened the door for her.
"Amber's right there. I'll just get you something to drink." Kibum skipped his way to the kitchen.
"Wassup, Qian?" Amber was comfortably slouching on the couch.
"I just want to ask you something."
"Ask away."

Kibum came back from the kitchen and put the down the tray on the table before he sat on Amber's other side.

"About Soojung and Jinki..." Qian started.
"Have you heard, Qian? They're together-together! Like me and Amber. Like you and Mingo! Wow!" Kibum exclaimed before Qian could even continue. Amber was trying her hardest not to laugh on Kibum's acting.
"Yeah, is it true though?" Qian was still suspecting.
"Well yeah. They did date for a short while." Amber responded.
"Why didn't you tell me they were dating?"
"We didn't really know they were going out. We just found out a week ago."
"And Jinki said they intentionally didn't want anyone to know until they're official and they finally are! I'm really happy for them! Aren't you happy for them?" Kibum was jumping up and down on the sofa and Amber tried to hold him down.
"Yeah, sure, I guess." Qian grabbed a glass of juice and drank a little.
"Is there a problem, eonni?" Amber looked oddly at Qian.
"No, nothing. I'm just still so surprised."
"It is a little shocking. But we kinda saw it coming so..." Amber said a little weirded by the older girl's reaction. She felt like there was something more to it.

 


 

Here you go! another chapter!!!

Okay, SHINee in the Halloween party was hilarious!!! Well, Keydward Scissorhands was just really out of this world, like, hands down. Key is amazing. Minho, oh gosh Minho. He looked so handsome and cute as conan. Onew and Jjong just made me laugh so hard when I saw their costumes.Frankenjinki and Titanjjong. I can't even. hahaha. And Taemin, well, I believe he was a vampire but yeah, it was almost the same as last year so that's no no. hahaha. I so so adore my boys.

 

xdorkyx

x

PS. Jjong had crutches. He injured his leg in Hiroshima. Get well soon, puppy Jjong.